The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-31-2020, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The BLITZ obit is nice but is slightly inaccurate: Christine and Eddie did not continue to collaborate after they broke up. The only reason his name is on one co-write on ITM is because that’s an older song they wrote in the 90s. (There’s an old thread somewhere on these pages documenting her publishing up to 2000, featuring some songs we still have not yet heard.)

Their acrimonious break up seemed pretty darn final. In fact, in a 2017 interview, Christine winces when an interviewer cites Eddie as the co-writer of “Little Lies,” and then she denies he had any real involvement. She claimed Lindsey helped her with it. Period. How much did Eddy contribute to any of “their” songs? Did any of the song ideas begin with him?
Old 11-01-2020, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
The BLITZ obit is nice but is slightly inaccurate: Christine and Eddie did not continue to collaborate after they broke up. The only reason his name is on one co-write on ITM is because that’s an older song they wrote in the 90s. (There’s an old thread somewhere on these pages documenting her publishing up to 2000, featuring some songs we still have not yet heard.)

Their acrimonious break up seemed pretty darn final. In fact, in a 2017 interview, Christine winces when an interviewer cites Eddie as the co-writer of “Little Lies,” and then she denies he had any real involvement. She claimed Lindsey helped her with it. Period. How much did Eddy contribute to any of “their” songs? Did any of the song ideas begin with him?
I think Christine has always been a hard ass, and when she's done, she's DONE.

Even if he did contribute more, I doubt she'd give that to him.

Hell, she wouldn't even try to save her musical collaborator of 43 years. I doubt she'd even help Mick.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think Christine has always been a hard ass, and when she's done, she's DONE.

Even if he did contribute more, I doubt she'd give that to him.

Hell, she wouldn't even try to save her musical collaborator of 43 years. I doubt she'd even help Mick.
She never talks about how much she hung out with Prince.
Old 11-01-2020, 01:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Well, I do love her for that.

I wish she'd managed to blink an eyelid over Lindsey getting fired, though. But I guess her Superwoman powers just ain't what they used to be.
Old 11-01-2020, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Well, I do love her for that.

I wish she'd managed to blink an eyelid over Lindsey getting fired, though. But I guess her Superwoman powers just ain't what they used to be.
I know Christine had dreams about MLK and told the world about it. That's just how she is.
Old 11-01-2020, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Okay, THIS made me laugh out loud. Bravo!

I’m wondering if Songbird was written for Hurricane Katrina.
Old 11-01-2020, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

43 years?!?

He was out of the band for ten years, she was out of the band for sixteen, and there were extended breaks. It was maybe a third of that.

And, she DID help Mick, to the tune if $50,000 in 1984 money.

Christine was never going to side with Lindsey over Mick or John. She’s been financially linked to the band for all but one year of its existence. Did you see that making of “In The Meantime” video? She had the pictures of Mick and John from like 1976 listening to music hanging on her walls.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-01-2020, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

43 years?!?

He was out of the band for ten years, she was out of the band for sixteen, and there were extended breaks. It was maybe a third of that.

And, she DID help Mick, to the tune if $50,000 in 1984 money.

Christine was never going to side with Lindsey over Mick or John. She’s been financially linked to the band for all but one year of its existence. Did you see that making of “In The Meantime” video? She had the pictures of Mick and John from like 1976 listening to music hanging on her walls.
Plus, this had nothing to do with Christine. I'm pretty sure this was all done without her knowledge. There's a rumour she did quit after she found out about it. I agree she would side with the Brits. That's her roots, her family, her history. Had she quit, they'd have gone on without her. Don't underestimate Stevie Micks. They had this planned before Musicares. They found their excuse. Christine looks so happy at musicares. This probably broke her heart in one way.

The other side of it was that Stevie and Lindsey were fighting all the way since 2003. (and a lot during the Dance Tour) I remember Christine mentioning that she did get sick of that tension as they grew older. There had to be some relief she didn't have to be in the middle anymore. It just sucks that Stevie didn't just go have her solo career. But, I think that might hurt her in some ways. And sales wise hurt the band.
Old 11-01-2020, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They had this planned before Musicares. They found their excuse.
Between Mick’s “Love That Burns” book, Stevie’s 24KG tour, Lindsey’s Classic comments, the rendezvous in Italy, Tom Petty’s passing, and the breakdown during the tour negotiations in November, 2017, I think Lindsey was toast long before MusiCares.

I have this mental image of Stevie and Mick being at their wits end during that November meeting and Azoff asking Stevie, after everyone went home, what Mike Campbell‘s been up to lately.

Quote:
The other side of it was that Stevie and Lindsey were fighting all the way since 2003. (and a lot during the Dance Tour) I remember Christine mentioning that she did get sick of that tension as they grew older. There had to be some relief she didn't have to be in the middle anymore. It just sucks that Stevie didn't just go have her solo career. But, I think that might hurt her in some ways. And sales wise hurt the band.
I agree, but from the perspective of Mick, John, and the machinery around Fleetwood Mac, losing Stevie would have been devastating. It’s not just the band that depends on touring, it’s the roadies, techs, assistants, etc. A lot of livelihoods beyond the band depend on a massive tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-01-2020, 09:00 PM

I have to get around to reading Love That Burns.
Old 11-02-2020, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Plus, this had nothing to do with Christine. I'm pretty sure this was all done without her knowledge. There's a rumour she did quit after she found out about it. I agree she would side with the Brits. That's her roots, her family, her history.

Had she quit, they'd have gone on without her. Don't underestimate Stevie Micks. They had this planned before Musicares. They found their excuse. Christine looks so happy at musicares. This probably broke her heart in one way.
Superwoman WOULD HAVE SAVED THE DAY. She failed miserably, by letting this happen.

BULLSH*T. Gone on without her???? What, as the $tevie Nix Fleetwood Mac Fajita Roundup? With her as the only "singer"? There's no way that would have happened. Getting Christine back is what allowed that old bat's coup of FM.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We have strayed a long way from Eddy Q!

But then he strayed, so fair is fair.
Old 11-02-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
We have strayed a long way from Eddy Q!

But then he strayed, so fair is fair.
May he RIP.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:51 AM

Having said that, homer is wrong!
Old 11-02-2020, 11:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Having said that, homer is wrong!
Homie is right, and you know it, biotch!!!