The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2013, 10:20 PM

Didn't Stevie once say she would never tour w/ FM again as long as Christine was absent?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^I think SYW (the album and tour) was a "boys club" and she more or less said if she was going to do it again they needed another female. I might be incorrect about the verbage, but I think that was the gist of it.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
^I think SYW (the album and tour) was a "boys club" and she more or less said if she was going to do it again they needed another female. I might be incorrect about the verbage, but I think that was the gist of it.
That sounds right...
Old 04-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Junior Ledgie

I seem to recall hearing her say something like that around the time of Say You Will as well. It's a shame that they can't all find a way to get back into the studio and spend the time necessary to come up with a full-fledged album that actually comes across as though it's a collaboration rather than a mashing together of two solo albums, but I guess it is what it is at this point.

I really hope that this EP, if and when it's actually released, proves to be very successful. I'm assuming, since I've read a few places here that they don't have a record deal with anyone, that they're going the route that Lindsey did with Seeds We Sow, which would be to release it independently. I'd actually like to see them approach a full album this way as a band. If they did all of the work themselves and didn't have much in the way of overhead that they'd have to pay out once the album was released, they could pocket pretty much all of the money themselves, which would seemingly make a more compelling case for doing an album together for those in the band that seem to be on the fence about doing so.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Then later, after the Sheryl Crow falderal, she claimed "Sheryl Crow or no woman in the world will ever come between me & Lindsey" & something about working their stuff out for themselves.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:12 PM
Supporting Ledgie

^Yup. She figured out the only two options were Christine or no Christine.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
^Yup. She figured out the only two options were Christine or no Christine.
Boy, she ain't too quick on the draw, is she?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Supporting Ledgie

LOL... oh, Stevie

Old 04-15-2013, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I like hearing the info on the artwork.

It will be a waste if its for a digital ICRAP copy only.

It sounds like a hardcopy on the way.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-15-2013, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL... oh, Stevie

Old 04-15-2013, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Didn't Stevie once say she would never tour w/ FM again as long as Christine was absent?
Which is kinda weird when you think about it. It wasn't like they hung out when they were on the road. Stevie had/has her own entourage, assistants, security not to mention hair and make up people.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Which is kinda weird when you think about it. It wasn't like they hung out when they were on the road. Stevie had/has her own entourage, assistants, security not to mention hair and make up people.
I'm sure she and Chris may have hung out (especially in he early days), but its not as if now she is he only girl in the touring band. She has her back up singers and Karen and all that jazz.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM
Senior Ledgie

Hello all---

If the report is true, and we can expect "Sad Angel," "Without You," "Miss Fantasy" and one more Lindsey song...I wonder if the mystery tune will end up being one of the ones I posted about in another thread? The following songs are listed at ASCAP's website. As you can see, most of them start with the same ID number [88505****], which means they're presumably newer songs.

HUNGER
Work ID: 885050127ISWC: T9096518137 WritersIPI #Current
AffiliationBUCKINGHAM LINDSEY 75649344ASCAP

IN MY WORLD
Work ID: 885050131ISWC: T9096551698 WritersIPI #Current
AffiliationBUCKINGHAM LINDSEY 75649344ASCAPPublishers / AdministratorsIPI #Current
Affiliation

IS IT RIGHT
Work ID: 885050136ISWC: T9096556900 WritersIPI #Current
AffiliationBUCKINGHAM LINDSEY 75649344ASCAPPublishers / AdministratorsIPI #Current
Affiliation

IT TAKES TIME
Work ID: 885050139ISWC: T9096560622 WritersIPI #Current
Affiliation

LAY DOWN FOR FREE
Work ID: 885050141ISWC: T9096570295 WritersIPI #Current
Affiliation

MISS FANTASY
Work ID: 885050142 ISWC: T9096551712
Writers IPI # Current Affiliation BUCKINGHAM LINDSEY 75649344 ASCAP

ON WITH THE SHOW
Work ID: 885050151ISWC: T9096551723 WritersIPI #Current
Affiliation

SAD ANGEL
Work ID: 885050191ISWC: T9096540259 WritersIPI #Current
Affiliation

The only other songs listed with a work ID starting with 88505 are bonus tracks from the reissues like "Keep Me There," "Strummer" and "Brushes," presumably because they've only recently been registered for publishing purposes.

Getting back to Stevie and her reported reluctance to record with the band, it's been well-documented that she doesn't like Lindsey messing around with her songs, hasn't it?

Some songwriters can hear a full arrangement for a song when they write it---they "hear" all the parts in their head. I suspect Lindsey is like that to a degree. Other songwriters don't hear much beyond the song's basic chords and melody.

And when you write a song---if you have any idea in mind for how you want it to sound---it can be really hard to let go of that original idea and be open to someone else suggesting a different approach.

But sometimes the other person's idea can take the song to a whole new level. I've been on both sides of that situation, so I can relate to feeling like the other person is "wrecking my song" and to the feeling that "I'm just trying to help make your good song GREAT!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Lindsey wrote songs specifically for the band. I don't understand the downplaying of Mick and John. People saying stuff like it's Buckingham Nicks with a good rhythm section or this comment above. Mick and John are key ingredients that make up Fleetwood Mac. Their presence isn't an afterthought.
None of us has heard the new studio recordings, but based on the last 15 years, I couldn't agree more. I love Lindsey's solo work, but I think he sounds best with Mick and John behind him. On those last few solo records, the songs with Mick and John on them really stand out. They just feel different. Better. A band has a vibe that you can't get with other musicians.

matt
Old 04-15-2013, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I'm sure she and Chris may have hung out (especially in he early days), but its not as if now she is he only girl in the touring band. She has her back up singers and Karen and all that jazz.
Yes, in the early days they hung out all the time before Rumours and maybe during the Rumours tour. But I think that all changed on the Tusk tour (not sure about that, I wasn't there). I remember an article in the Rolling Stone when the journalist was at the the rehearsals and describes how each member of the band went off to different corners when they weren't playing. And later on Judy Wong said they didn't hang out as friends at all anymore because Stevie had her own entourage.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-15-2013, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I find the whole entourage thing sad. I don't think Stevie and Christine stopped interacting all together, but I don't think Christine was quite the diva Stevie is and it must've been kind of disappointing from her perspective to see Stevie lose any sense of real independence and decision-making. I too read the Rolling Stone Tusk article. I hope when Fleetwood Mac finally gets a movie the director depicts how the music business inherently drives a wedge between people, their interactions with each other as they bring together assistants and backup singers and secretaries and managers. Then, before you know it someone like Stevie hasn't done something for herself in 30 years. I know that's what happens when you become a big star, but I find that part of fame rather sad. And it was really nice to see photos of Lindsey just chilling by himself in Washington D.C. at the Lincoln Memorial, something Stevie can't really do.

Last edited by bethelblues; 04-15-2013 at 04:57 PM..