The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-14-2002, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default The # Of NEW Lindsey Songs On The New FM Record?

Many people have been guessing which songs from his GOS sessions will make the new album. I would guess these would be on the new album...

Come
Down On Rodeo
Miranda
Murrow
Red Rover
Say Goodbye
Twist Of Fate

At the same time I hope we get NEW Lindsey songs, and not just his GOS ones redone. What do youy think? How many NEW, NEW LB songs will we get?
Old 09-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Twist Of Fate
Murrow
Miranda
Shuffle Riff
Come
Deep Dense
Gift Of Screws
Try For The Sun
Steal Your Heart Away
Down On Rodeo
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
Red Rover
Say Goodbye

+ 3 "new" ones (at the most!)...

....remove the Stones covers and the three Dance songs (GI, BTLH, MLD)....and there ya have it...!

Old 09-14-2002, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You really think only three?

Some of these songs date BEFORE "The Dance," so wouldn't Lindsey wanna record mnay new ones for the record? Instead of using songs that are over 5 years old.
Old 09-14-2002, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueGrass
You really think only three?

Some of these songs date BEFORE "The Dance," so wouldn't Lindsey wanna record mnay new ones for the record? Instead of using songs that are over 5 years old.
I really do think this "double album" is going to be "Gift Of Screws Album" + "Stevie's New FM Songs".....IMO all of the "original" songs from Gift Of Screws are too good for Lindsey to let go, so I think we will see them on the new album. I think the songs I've mentioned above come to about 50 mins, so I really don't think we're going to see that many more "new" LB songs. Maybe a couple of co-written LB/SN songs, which would be awesome.

Mick's description of LB's songs on the album ("lots of fingerpicking" and "hard rock" and "guitar layering") clearly suggests he's made heavy use of the GOS material......

In an interview ages ago I seem to remember Lindsey said that he has more than an album's worth of material finished, he just has to make the decision about whether to "let it out there" under the name "Lindsey Buckingham" (and possibly commit commercial suicide as a "50 year old up against people like Britney Spears") or to make use of the name "Fleetwood Mac" to ensure that it gets proper attention.

Well, I think it's safe to say he's made his choice! And IMO it was the totally right one!

Last edited by seteca; 09-14-2002 at 05:26 PM..
Old 09-15-2002, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why doesn't anyone ever mention "Given Thing" or "Deep Dense"? IS this not considered a part of GOS?
Old 09-15-2002, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seteca listed "Deep Dense"...you just must've missed it.

I think when the new album comes out, we're going to be a bit dissapointed...for the simple reason that ALL of Lindsey's songs will be MORE than familar to us...after hearing the slight differences in arrangement between what we've got on the GoS tunes and what Lindsey deems is the final version* will all we'll have to look forward to.

*= as in the differences between the Best Buy CD version of "Steal Your Heart Away" and the GoS version of "Steal Your Heart Away"...they're much different, but only if you listen VERY carefully.
Old 09-15-2002, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, your right about SYHA. The vocals and guitar are slightly different.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default stevies vocals on lindsey's tracks??

Im really hoping that when they put lindsey's GOS songs on the record that they add stevies harmony to atleast some of them. I think that if they didnt do that...it could dangeriously divide the album into not sounding like a mac album...but instead 15 lindsey songs and 15 stevie songs...and no colaboration. I've always like the collaboration between stevie and lindsey on each others songs. I've always liked the fact that on rumours and tusk...even mirage...that you can hear stevie or chris even on lindsey's songs or vise versa. What does everyone think?

Alex
Old 09-23-2002, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Since Lindsey usually uses the VCO to speed up his voice to where he seems to get a "Stevie-like" tone to his background vocals ANYWAY, for Stevie to go in an overdub her voice singing those parts on Lindsey's tunes should be a slam-dunk.

You can rest assured that Lindsey's presence will be well-felt on Stevie's tunes.

Just HOW much Stevie's voice will show up on Lindsey's tunes will probably depend on which tunes of Lindsey's make the album. If he knocks us off our stools and has a number of songs that are post-GoS, the chances of Stevie's contributions will increase dramatically, I would think.

I don't think we have anything to worry about with it "sounding like Fleetwood Mac"
Old 09-23-2002, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

good point chiliD. .

I have never liked the tango in the night album for the exact reason that the album is so divided. The tracks that were originally lindsey solo tracks are so obvious. There is hardly any callaboration (i cant spell today..i think i've spelled that a dozen different ways so far) on tango besides seven wonders etc etc. I hope they go back to the true buckingham nicks harmonies that they have been talking about. It will be different and intresting to hear how their voices sound overlapped on a studio track currently. We've heard them sing together live in 97, but a nice studio mix should be intresting since its different than a live recording.

Just my two cents

Alex
Old 09-23-2002, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't be so sure that "The Dance" is strictly live performances...there was an awful lot of studio sweetening done to the basic tracks.
Old 09-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by BigAl84
good point chiliD. .

I have never liked the tango in the night album for the exact reason that the album is so divided. The tracks that were originally lindsey solo tracks are so obvious.
That's why I love the album so much!

Matt
Old 09-23-2002, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh gosh i know the dance was touched up. I've always wanted to hear what it sounded like in person, like a bootleg tape from the audience. That would be intresting!!

Didn't stevie say in an interview that the first night they didn't have it at all...and then the second night they hit the nail on the head and it was like magic??

Alex
Old 09-23-2002, 07:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Kind of like any tour...some nights are good, some nights are atrocious.

When I saw 'em on "The Dance" tour on consecutive nights, first night, they were flawless...next night, couldn't hit harmonies to save their asses.
Old 09-24-2002, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Don't be so sure that "The Dance" is strictly live performances...there was an awful lot of studio sweetening done to the basic tracks.
No question, ChiliD. That is quite obvious.

Frankly, I think this will essentially be a solo Lindsey record anyway. The only difference being that Mick and John are providing the backbeat, which of course is wonderful, and, oh yes, they got Stevie to make the pictures look good.