The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-10-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How do they f*ck this up, at this point in their careers? Some will always see them as milquetoast soft rock, but their legacy has been building over the past several years and now they undermine that with this ridiculous move. Good lord, being a fan of this band is absolutely maddening.
Old 04-10-2018, 10:41 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Same. I'll be leaving bad reviews left and right.

And even though I firmly believe it's Stevie's fault, I'm MOSTLY pissed at Christine, for allowing this to happen. After all the love I saw last year, I'm ASHAMED of her for not walking away with him. Zero class. Just a bunch of whores, they are.

The band of MY LIFE died yesterday. I'm mourning, and angry as f*ck.
I’m with you and feel what you feel. Many have no idea what this band did for my life (I don’t believe I’d still be here without them) and that’s substantially due to Lindsey.

It’s all still too surreal for me to process...
Old 04-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Fleetwood Mac has had more changes in personnel than any band in history. I understand that. What gets me is the timing of this. Fleetwood Mac's time as a band is limited. There are probably a handful of years that the band can keep going.

Lindsey mentioned in one of the documentaries on Fleetwood Mac about there being a thread between the start with Peter Green, to Bob Welch to he and Stevie. Post 1987 and the additions of Billy, Rick and later Bekka and Dave, Fleetwood Mac had potential to go to new territories like the band's previous incarnations. Regardless of how you feel about Behind The Mask or Time, Fleetwood Mac still had so much to give musically. Adding two new members to the band at this stage is so insulting to me. It feels soulless and wrong. I would have zero problem if Billy, Rick, Bekka, Dave or another previous member were in on the point of this band's life.

I get sad when I think how Bob Welch never got a proper farewell with the band. Without him, Fleetwood Mac never enjoys the success they had after Bob stepped away. I feel the same way about this situation. In the grand scheme of things, my opinion and feelings on this matter mean absolutely nothing. I just feel so sad and so disappointed. This band will always be a huge part of my life. I guess that's why this hurts so much.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsySorcerer View Post
How do they f*ck this up, at this point in their careers?
At This Point In Their Careers
That's the key point I think. They'd finally
got past the fake band from BTM and Time.
Even to the point they were being respected
again. No small feat for a mostly pop band.
Now this?

I almost started a ways to make them pay
thread. With the power of the internet, it
could be done. It would almost be fun.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also agree that if Billy, Rick, Bekka or Dave(yuk) came back, it would ALMOST be palatable. Well, more than Fleetwood's Crowded House. Insert vomit emoticon.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's be honest, they picked those two in hoping that the both of them could carry their fan base with them to sell tickets. Thinking they would fill the void left by people upset with Lindsey being FIRED and not buying tickets. It's ALL about the CASH with those two and nothing more. That's one of the reasons Billy B wasn't asked. It's sickening, and NO art is involved. I don't think Mickhuster had any idea of how angry fans would be this time.
Old 04-10-2018, 11:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Let's be honest, they picked those two in hoping that the both of them could carry their fan base with them to sell tickets. Thinking they would fill the void left by people upset with Lindsey being FIRED and not buying tickets. It's ALL about the CASH with those two and nothing more. That's one of the reasons Billy B wasn't asked. It's sickening, and NO art is involved. I don't think Mickhuster had any idea of how angry fans would be this time.
That's because Mick Fleetwood is a complete, blooming, f*cking IDIOT. He has a musical sense, but is completely lacking anything in the common sense department. I'm amazed that he remembers to breathe.
Old 04-11-2018, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's because Mick Fleetwood is a complete, blooming, f*cking IDIOT. He has a musical sense, but is completely lacking anything in the common sense department. I'm amazed that he remembers to breathe.
Just found out about this today and my anger grows. How could they go out like freaking THIS?????? They should have just let if go. Embarrassing cash grab tour?
Old 04-11-2018, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Just found out about this today and my anger grows. How could they go out like freaking THIS?????? They should have just let if go. Embarrassing cash grab tour?
It's a HORRIBLE, EMBARRASSING ending to what was one of the biggest bands in the world.

I hope that Stevie and Mick are happy. Dumb f*cks...
Old 04-11-2018, 01:31 AM
Senior Ledgie

Guessing by my screen name, ya might guess just how disappointing the latest news is...

So - excuse me for my ramblings.

In the dream of dreams - the FM of Rumours and Tusk will never be again. Carly Simon once said of insane success, "it's a one time experience, in a bubble, never to repeat, it's that special" - or something like that.

This whole thing feels driven by a deep mourning - of Tom Petty - by Stevie.
She's done this before, i.e. her marriage to her best friend's husband. She's admitted to talking him into marriage and then realizing what a huge mistake it was. Now, we have Tom P's friend and music collaborator, Mike Campbell. Both of them grieving. Somehow, I think, she said the right word at the wrong time to him. Then we have the fact that TP'S death announced on Lindsey's birthday!?!!
I sense a bit of realing and trying to "connect the dots" moments in SN reasoning, setting what we heard yesterday into motion.

It's just crappy - I'm being nice there - what they did to Lindsey. Stevie, in outright gunning for him for whatever her reasons, Mick in his leech-like tendencies towards money, John on his complacenties, and... Christine.... I'm more disappointed in her. I gotta feelin, she ain't going to enjoy this tour. Her conscience might get to her.

On the plus side I get to see Lindsey center stage, minimum 4th row! I get to hear only the songs I REALLY like! And I won't go broke! PLUS, the new songs!
Total heaven ....

Bring it on Lindsey! I'm soooo ready!

So sorry the 'five fireflies' couldn't survive and do it right. I really am.

When you don't know what it is
But you can't get enough of it
Old 04-11-2018, 04:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep. Same here. At this point, when they're all so close to death, it's absolutely RIDICULOUS to do this to their brand. They could have ridden into the sunset shining like gold. But instead, they ride out looking like cheap whores.

F*ck the lot of them. Christine included. I'm done with their stupid asses.
Does that mean we no longer have to read your misogynistic tag degrading Stevie?
Old 04-11-2018, 05:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Another thing that irks me is the pressure from concert promoters for a summer tour. They could have given Lindsey May and June and part of July to solo tour. The band could have rehearsed and been ready for a Labor Day tour opener. All this drama and making the last Mac tour a mix of Crowded House and Heartbreakers? You sacrifice your brand so a tour can start 2 months earlier? It amazes me. This is how you end your legacy? No one cared Stevie was off touring Australia and kept extending her tour. Then Stevie wanted 3 months off (deservingly so). But somehow Lindsey is the bad guy here.
This is NOT like 1987. No comparison. Lindsey left then because of the substance abuser's dysfunction. Lindsey was fired because of wanting to make and play new music.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-11-2018 at 05:15 AM..
Old 04-11-2018, 06:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
They could have given Lindsey May and June and part of July to solo tour. The band could have rehearsed and been ready for a Labor Day tour opener.
While this is a good point, I doubt it was that simple. This was a really drastic move to take and I can’t imagine them following through with it after all this time unless sh*t really, really hit the fan at an irreparable level. I assume the schedule issue was just the initial spark that started this and that it just kept spreading and getting bigger until the whole damn place was burnt to the ground.
While things are always pretty tense with them, it’s definitely seemed especially bad over the past few years. I mean she endlessly delayed things and then when they finally went out she made it very clear that she wasn’t into the back to back tour situation and didn’t really want to be there. Throw in the fact that it’s now been almost a solid decade of the guys trying to push a new album and being shut down by Stevie every single time. Which then meant Lindsey had to release all his songs on Buckingham McVie and some solo records. Which affects his livelihood considering the vast difference Stevie’s presence causes when it comes to pay scales, visibility, and touring revenue. Meanwhile she’s probably equally bitter and resentful of them for going out and making a duo record without her. Not to mention in the middle of the fm tour (that she didn’t want to do in the first place), she releases her own solo record, attracts a ton of attention for being part of the AHS storyline, and somehow winds up - alone - on the cover of Rolling Stone, which evidently pissed the others off so much that they refused to have any part of it and wouldn’t even acknowledge the interviewer.
With all of that resentment and pettiness towards each other already lingering, I bet the tourdates were just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’m sure it blossomed into a much bigger fight and everything came to a head and just spiraled downward from there and by the end, the schedule was the least of their problems because they weren’t going to be able to coexist regardless of what month the tour starts. I think their statements since then make this extra clear by flat out saying lindsey is no longer a member and that it’s “final” and “firm”. If this was all over tourdates, they would announce that Lindsey will be sitting out for this tour due to scheduling conflicts. The fact that he’s actually been completely fired from the band tells me that the rift went a whole lot deeper and is much more personal.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
While this is a good point, I doubt it was that simple. This was a really drastic move to take and I can’t imagine them following through with it after all this time unless sh*t really, really hit the fan at an irreparable level. I assume the schedule issue was just the initial spark that started this and that it just kept spreading and getting bigger until the whole damn place was burnt to the ground.
While things are always pretty tense with them, it’s definitely seemed especially bad over the past few years. I mean she endlessly delayed things and then when they finally went out she made it very clear that she wasn’t into the back to back tour situation and didn’t really want to be there. Throw in the fact that it’s now been almost a solid decade of the guys trying to push a new album and being shut down by Stevie every single time. Which then meant Lindsey had to release all his songs on Buckingham McVie and some solo records. Which affects his livelihood considering the vast difference Stevie’s presence causes when it comes to pay scales, visibility, and touring revenue. Meanwhile she’s probably equally bitter and resentful of them for going out and making a duo record without her. Not to mention in the middle of the fm tour (that she didn’t want to do in the first place), she releases her own solo record, attracts a ton of attention for being part of the AHS storyline, and somehow winds up - alone - on the cover of Rolling Stone, which evidently pissed the others off so much that they refused to have any part of it and wouldn’t even acknowledge the interviewer.
With all of that resentment and pettiness towards each other already lingering, I bet the tourdates were just the straw that broke the camel’s back. I’m sure it blossomed into a much bigger fight and everything came to a head and just spiraled downward from there and by the end, the schedule was the least of their problems because they weren’t going to be able to coexist regardless of what month the tour starts. I think their statements since then make this extra clear by flat out saying lindsey is no longer a member and that it’s “final” and “firm”. If this was all over tourdates, they would announce that Lindsey will be sitting out for this tour due to scheduling conflicts. The fact that he’s actually been completely fired from the band tells me that the rift went a whole lot deeper and is much more personal.
You know what... I agree. I bet this had nothing to do with new music really. It was the fight about it that just opened up the flood gate of all the drama. Maybe Lindsey was proud of his and Christine's album and wanted to a song. Stevie got pissed and went to Mick wanting to do Stand Back in retaliation. Then Lindsey said no way. Eventually Stevie created Stevie's choice (Sophie's choice). You pick Mick. I will not tour with Lindsey so pick him or me. Mick knew they need Stevie so he picked her.
Lets be real
Old 04-11-2018, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Like so many here I grieve with you all.
I try not to get too passionate about it, but I'll be honest...when I read about this I got sick to my stomach. I felt like this was the end of Fleetwood Mac, a band I've loved for about 45 years now, a band that, in spite of the drama, I've always felt top tier.

Now this.

How they could mess with the legacy in this way, when they're still considered hip by the kiddies, is just beyond my comprehension. Why not just call it a day and everyone 'Go Your Own Way'?

This is even worse than post '87. I consider the classic studio Mac to end then. I pretend non-fab 5 albums not to exist. Still leaves me over a dozen classics.

Short term cash grab at the expense of long term reputation. Pathetic.