User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2013, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
You know, I've always been a Fleetwood mac fan. After their heyday, I've always thought that lindsey kept developping outside and inside FM in a more interesting way than Stevie did. From the moment I joined The Ledge I was flabbergasted about the tribes over here, and before I knew it, the so called Chiffons did such a defensive appeal on me that I found myself in a camp.
It seems to me that all message boards turn out that way. I think the Twilight movies coined the phrase "Team X" and "Team Y" but it seems like it's been that divisive way for 20 years now on the internet. And I agree with what you said about being pushed.

There's a reflexive push back. I thought I was neutral, but online supporters can make you feel you really dislike a character or performer, when what you really dislike are their fans.

Which is not to say that's what happened with me and Twilight. I just really, really hated Jacob all along, based on Stephenie Meyer's frustrating saga. His fans didn't drive me to it.

Michel
Old 05-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
There's a reflexive push back. I thought I was neutral, but online supporters can make you feel you really dislike a character or performer, when what you really dislike are their fans.
this. i thought about that a lot, recently.

i guess competitive nature is something that's normal to humans. also the need to feel like you belong to a group, although personally i like independence much better. i feel the need to break a group think a lot. or maybe i just like to argue.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-24-2013, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

i guess competitive nature is something that's normal to humans. also the need to feel like you belong to a group, although personally i like independence much better. i feel the need to break a group think a lot. or maybe i just like to argue.
Ow! I just bit my tongue...
Old 05-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I don't like to argue per se, but I guess I love to complain and I don't want to be in a place where there's no complaining going on. I'm not a positive, happy, admiring and loving person at all. Get back, Satan, with that smiley face of yours.

Michele
Old 05-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dex View Post
This really isn't meant to be flippant, and to be honest that's the sort of thread I was expecting too. But if that's the thread you want, why don't you start it up? Sounds like a good one to me.
I'm not qualified to even participate in a thread like that, much less start one. I'm not a Buckhead nor a chiffonhead; I like 'em both for different reasons. It's a weird no-man's land that I occupy and it makes me equally annoying to both camps!

Old 05-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I'm not qualified to even participate in a thread like that, much less start one. I'm not a Buckhead nor a chiffonhead; I like 'em both for different reasons. It's a weird no-man's land that I occupy and it makes me equally annoying to both camps!
I fall into this category too!

Buckingham Nicks forever!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

the point of this thread is not about ignoring Stevie, it's about enjoying what Lindsey does during the show.

Quote:
I don't know, shackin'up. I don't think this thread is really about FM-fan tribalism. It's just a fun subversion of the usual focus of these performances. I'm really enjoying these clips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
I think people are taking this thread way too seriously.
ALL of the above...YES!! It's a Lindsey forum, and we're simply discussing the joy of watching Lindsey in concert...that is all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post
This. I enjoy seeing what Lindsey is doing during these songs since in the traditional videos you find of the performances you miss all the nuances of what he's doing because the camera is usually focused on Stevie. I find it interesting to see what Lindsey and even Mick are up to as well. I'd say John too, but he's pretty much just standing on the side of the stage

Big time! I can't tell you how many times I've seen a video of GYOW, for instance, and during the solo, all we see is Stevie walking around, while Lindsey is playing his heart out. My frustration isn't with Stevie. Why would it be? It's just that it's frustrating when watching a video of my favorite band, and I miss all the cool things Lindsey is doing, whether on Stevie's songs (like Lindsey's beautiful guitar work on Gypsy or GDW), or on his own songs (see, GYOW, above), even! I get that the video was shot by a Stevie fan. Makes sense they'd keep the camera on her. A FM fan would probably follow Lindsey on a Lindsey song and/or solo. That's why my videos of her songs, I mostly follow Lindsey with the camera. Because that's what/who I want to watch. This thread is just a way to share with newer fans, especially, what goes on on stage other than Stevie, since she really is, for various reasons, the focus in most online videos of the band. What's wrong with that?? We're simply trying to bring to the forefront, the videos that focus more on Lindsey while in concert with The Mac. There are far fewer of them, so they can be hard to find. We share the things we enjoy.

Quote:
This really isn't meant to be flippant, and to be honest that's the sort of thread I was expecting too. But if that's the thread you want, why don't you start it up? Sounds like a good one to me.
I agree. Go for it Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Ow! I just bit my tongue...
Yeah, no kiddng , right? Who knew?!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I need a little sympathy, baby

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Old 05-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

and, did i mention Mick? <3

It's such a neat thing to see him play on Stevie's songs, and watch - up close - all the little nuances he adds. Even when his back is to us, and he's facing Mick, you can watch him do all those cool spacey parts on GDW...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post

...and all the ear candy he adds to Sisters of The Moon. I love the little fluttery thing he does at 2:54. In fact, I never tire of watching this video. It so beautifully shows his unique style of playing....I just love it!

Last edited by Lindsfan; 05-27-2013 at 11:32 PM..
Old 05-28-2013, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And sometimes, like with Dreams, he is just staring straight ahead, as if in a trance. Seemingly disconnected, but always at one with his guitar.

Michele
Old 05-29-2013, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I'm not qualified to participate in a thread like that either... But I started it anyway. Call me Maverick. It's looking a little feeble at the moment, so if any Lindsey fans are in the Stevie neighbourhood, feel free to try and mix it up a bit.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
"I think there are doves here" almost made me spit up my drink!!
Haha yeah, that was great!!
Old 05-29-2013, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I had wondered if an equivalent thread for Mick might be amusing as well, then briefly thought about John and decided "eh!... nah." But perhaps he is a secret wild man on stage and we're all just too caught up with the other members to notice. I think that's a lovely thought.
I also expected that, it does sound like a good idea for a thread, although I am also enjoying this one!
Old 06-03-2013, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gypsy(sound gets better after a minute) by ceoBailey(Phoenix May 30, 2013)

Old 06-03-2013, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Gypsy(sound gets better after a minute) by ceoBailey(Phoenix May 30, 2013)

thanks Viv!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"