Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Lindsey Mention in Page Six ~ Carol Harris Book

A NEW Fleetwood Mac kiss-and-tell could be nicknamed "Blow Your Own Way," considering the massive amounts of cocaine and other drugs that were consumed during the legendary band's heyday. In her book, "Storms: My Life with Lindsey Buckingham and Fleetwood Mac," Buckingham's ex-girlfriend, Carol Ann Harris, tells how the rocker had indulged in lots of beer, shots of Jack Daniel's and "California gold" when he was "unwittingly" slipped a Quaalude during the 1978 American Music Awards, The Post's Kyle Smith reports. In addition, "vials of cocaine were dumped on the backs of wrists whenever the lights darkened." When the group won Album of the Year, Harris says, Buckingham approached the stage "looking like a character from a B-movie who'd been shot . . . his superhuman effort was leading him to the opposite side of the stage." Harris rushed backstage to find the "reeking" guitarist-singer sitting on a couch in host Dick Clark's office, looking at a puddle of his own "disgusting biohazard" vomit, which had been freshly hurled upon the "foot-deep carpet." Clark "was staring at Lindsey as though he were something nasty that he just scraped off the bottom of his shoe," Harris writes. Hustled out by Clark's security, Buckingham continued to "projectile vomit" all over the back seat of the limo on the way home. The fiasco was smoothly edited out of the TV broadcast, and the next morning, Buckingham, wearing a gigantic sombrero and "grinning like an inmate from an insane asylum," commanded Harris, "Don't tell me anything about last night." At the Grammys the same year, Buckingham saw country great Kenny Rogers walk by and called out, "Oh, my God! Look at the [bleep]in' pancake makeup! It's gotta be four inches thick." When Rogers turned and glared, Harris thought, "I really didn't want to have my fairytale night spoiled by a fight between Kenny Rogers and my man." Meanwhile, Buckingham was just getting started, saying, "Kenny, hey, Kennnnny! Man, love your makeup! Really, you look great, cowboy!" Rogers elected not to fight.

Although this is her version it is a bit funny. I am still on the fence about buying her book. What do you guys think?

"Everyone born in the month of February thinks they are right!" Quote from a lady at the table next to us at Don Pablo's!!

http://www.myspace.com/catherinetuliano
Old 07-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Junior Ledgie

Thumbs down I say nay.

I am on the fence, but I have decided against buying the book. I don't know what to think about the allegations about Lindsey being abusive. Carol Ann did appear on one of those daytime talk shows where she discussed the abuse, in particular, and there are the infamous passages of Mick's book, that Stevie has said are not true.

Let me start by saying that I am an LB fan more than any other member of the band. I would guess that there was some drug-fueled phyiscal stuff, which does not justify taking a hand to anyone, but I don't believe that he never hit a girlfriend of his. There's too much information (even if flawed) out there to the contrary.

That said, I don't want to support what is clearly an effort to cash in on a private relationship by throwing mud on Lindsey to sell books. I'm not reading the Tina Brown bio of Diana either for the same reason.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Trash ~ she shouldn't have done it. Just my €0.02!
Old 07-02-2007, 01:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pisces Queen View Post
A NEW Fleetwood Mac kiss-and-tell...

... At the Grammys the same year, Buckingham saw country great Kenny Rogers walk by and called out, "Oh, my God! Look at the [bleep]in' pancake makeup! It's gotta be four inches thick." When Rogers turned and glared, Harris thought, "I really didn't want to have my fairytale night spoiled by a fight between Kenny Rogers and my man." Meanwhile, Buckingham was just getting started, saying, "Kenny, hey, Kennnnny! Man, love your makeup! Really, you look great, cowboy!" Rogers elected not to fight.

Although this is her version it is a bit funny. I am still on the fence about buying her book. What do you guys think?
I haven't gotten to this passage yet because, alas, I am such a slow reader.

It did remind me of the incident with John Lennon when he heckled the Smothers Brothers who were on stage. I can't remember who was with Lennon at the time -- maybe Harry Nillson -- but Tommy Smothers took it in stride and said something like -- "Hey, he's a big star, much bigger than us."

Maybe Lindsey was immature at the time and regrets that incident with Kenny Rogers. I would guess, that is the case.

This whole book thing does make me want to re-watch those 1977 Rumours/Japan outtakes tapes to see CAH and how she acts. I wonder if the cameraman was able to pick up the halo on top of her head?
Old 07-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsy View Post
I wonder if the cameraman was able to pick up the halo on top of her head?
*gigglesnort*
Old 07-02-2007, 01:49 PM
Registered

Quote:
At the Grammys the same year, Buckingham saw country great Kenny Rogers walk by and called out, "Oh, my God! Look at the [bleep]in' pancake makeup! It's gotta be four inches thick." When Rogers turned and glared, Harris thought, "I really didn't want to have my fairytale night spoiled by a fight between Kenny Rogers and my man." Meanwhile, Buckingham was just getting started, saying, "Kenny, hey, Kennnnny! Man, love your makeup! Really, you look great, cowboy!" Rogers elected not to fight.
LOL. Kenny Rogers.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://hollywood.outsidethebeltway.c...mac-did-drugs/

Fleetwood Mac Did Drugs!
James Joyner @ Gone Hollywood | Monday, July 2, 2007

It must be a slow news day at Page 6, which is touting the news that Lindsey Buckingham got drunk and stoned when he was fronting the rock and roll band Fleetwood Mac in the 1970s!

Um, wasn’t it pretty widely known back then that the Fleetwood Mac gang was doing drugs? Indeed, the list of prominent 1970s rock bands not doing drugs would likely be countable on one hand without resorting to the use of the thumb. Or three of the fingers.

So, let’s get this straight: A drunk rock star made fun of Kenny Rogers?!

And that Rogers, at the time a mature man of 40 perhaps most famous for “The Gambler” and “Coward of the County,” which counseled the need to know “when to walk away and when to run” and “Walk away from trouble if you can,” respectively, didn’t decide this was worth getting into a fistfight at the Grammy’s, isn’t exactly earth shattering news, either.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Senior Ledgie

I have to admit, whenever I look back on Lindsey during his Tusk days, whether MTV interviews/appearances or just general body language on stage with FM in old videos, he does exude a prick-ish vibe about him. I sense that when the big fame hit, he went majorly mental, and was generally a first class rock star asshole. He also began having epileptic seizures which must have been triggered by the drugs, the hectic pace of fast living and major stress. His demons came out in full force.

I sense the man is horribly sorry today. I bet he has learned many painful lessons throughout the years, and has healed to the point where he probably doesn't wish to revisit those darks days. If he did, he'd probably projectile vomit. Oh wait, he already did that.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At the Grammys the same year, Buckingham saw country great Kenny Rogers walk by and called out, "Oh, my God! Look at the [bleep]in' pancake makeup! It's gotta be four inches thick." When Rogers turned and glared, Harris thought, "I really didn't want to have my fairytale night spoiled by a fight between Kenny Rogers and my man." Meanwhile, Buckingham was just getting started, saying, "Kenny, hey, Kennnnny! Man, love your makeup! Really, you look great, cowboy!" Rogers elected not to fight.
I'm sorry but that's hilarious. I've gone from mildly interested in this book, to can't wait to read it. "Kenny, hey, Kennnnny! Man, love your makeup! Really, you look great, cowboy!" Haha! Love it!
Old 07-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots View Post
I have to admit, whenever I look back on Lindsey during his Tusk days...

... and has healed to the point where he probably doesn't wish to revisit those darks days. If he did, he'd probably projectile vomit. Oh wait, he already did that.

I love your insight, (but more importantly your sense of humor!) It makes me smile.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
I'm sorry but that's hilarious. I've gone from mildly interested in this book, to can't wait to read it. "Kenny, hey, Kennnnny! Man, love your makeup! Really, you look great, cowboy!" Haha! Love it!
me too... ofcourse he was a prick when stoned and drunk and rich and famous and hurt and megalomane and insecure and brilliant and dumb and annoying and drunk and stoned.

well, I would be one too. I need that book. Like I ate Mick's. Man, the coke fell from the pages in that one.

Old 07-02-2007, 05:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost View Post
Me too. So far I have been highly amused by what I've read, so I can't wait for my book to arrive.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

The Kenny Rogers anecdote had me in stitches.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kenny Rogers...in stiches
Old 07-03-2007, 12:58 PM

I said it before... A person has every right to write about, sell, and tell stories about occurances they have seen with their own eyes... It wasn't like she was a journalist, she was invited. It's her life and her stories, and if people are willing to buy it, I have no problem with it.....

I have to say, some of these stories are really funny... they don't change my opinion about LB at all... He is an amazing guitarist and a bitch.... I didn't need a book to figure that out... Then again... he's no better or worse than any other FM member..

I bought the new Rush CD... and I wanted to get over 30 bucks for free shipping so I bought it... I hope it's great FM reading... I like Sara Fleetwood and Dennis Wilson too...

Is it so surprising that people doing coke and booze 24 hours are going to get physical? I have always, been a Storm.....