Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back
Heart Sleeping Angel in Fast Times movie

I have always loved the song Sleeping Angel. I bought the Fast Times soundtrack in the early 80's. It has lots of great music. Don Henley's Love Rules is another awesome tune.
Last night I was watching Fast Times for the 10000000th time. Sleeping Angel is played at the perfect time when the character is abandoned by a man and pregnant. When she hangs up the phone and you hear Stevie's voice "I'm trying to believe you and I'm learning all the time" really captures the scene. The character is so vulnerable and Stevie's voice is strong yet vulnerable too in a beautiful song. In 1984 I remember hoping Sleeping Angel would appear in the next Stevie solo album. I just thought it was too good of a song to be lost in a movie soundtrack. I love the opening line "Take me if you need me but never hold me down, your asking me to trust you but there is little of that around.
IMHO Stevie's voice was best 1981 to 1983. This song was recorded in 1982 I believe. Its just as beautiful as All the beautiful Worlds recorded around the same time. I love that Stevie did this song live in 1998 but she always dropped the opening line which frustrated me because the opening line is so beautiful. She would say "Take me sleeping angel but never hold me down" Live. I love the "Take me if you need me line.