The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2018, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Listen to Buckingham Nicks and tell me she doesn't belong. As a writer, she carries that album. Pet Benatar never wrote like that. No one did.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Listen to Buckingham Nicks and tell me she doesn't belong. As a writer, she carries that album. Pet Benatar never wrote like that. No one did.
Yeah because Lindsey is a wall flower on that album. LMFAO. She doesn't deserve to be in it after what she's done. BTW Buckingham Nicks is a DUET THAT is not included in her body of work. Her first two albums were good then she went WAY down hill. Are you proud of your girl now? BUCKINGHAM: I did this thing with Christine last year, which was actually a really nice album. We had a ball taking it out on the road. Initially, the idea was that maybe we do a Fleetwood Mac album. She was still not in the band, but Mick and John and I had gone in with Mitchell Froom and cut some songs. So a few of the things of mine were already there, and of course when we got to that point and tried to engage Stevie in that idea, she didn’t want to do it.

STEREOGUM: Didn’t want to do an album?

BUCKINGHAM: No. And I’m the one who gets fired, right?

STEREOGUM: I read you haven’t spoken to any of them since then.

BUCKINGHAM: I haven’t spoken to any of them. Once we signed some papers a few weeks ago, I did hear from Christine in an email, as I expected to. I know Mick would probably like to, but I think he’s too embarrassed and just a little too weak-willed to do it. I won’t hear from Stevie because it was all her trip anyway. Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
You are forgetting that many people have a stronger solo career than Nicks, including Pat Benatar who has never even been nominated. People keep making comparisons when they complain about Stevie being nominated because it’s not Stevie’s solo career that makes her more worthy than Pat or others, it is the total body of work and Stevie is already in the Hall. It doesn’t seem fair to a lot of Ripley.
I'm not being an apologist for Stevie .Her recent behavior is reprehensible . Pat Benatar has not had a top ten album since 1982 and not one of her albums is as stellar as Bella Donna.However Stevie's body of work as a solo artist does not compare well with Radiohead and Roxy and they are not even getting in . Stevie for better or worse will be inducted in 2019.

Old 12-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I’m betting she gets in as a solo artist.

Stevie is considerably more important/relevant to the history of rock than Pat Benatar. Need I remind everyone here about the jokes everyone made about the REO Speedwagon/Fleetwood Mac/Pat Benatar tour in 1995?

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-10-2018, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m betting she gets in as a solo artist.

Stevie is considerably more important/relevant to the history of rock than Pat Benatar. Need I remind everyone here about the jokes everyone made about the REO Speedwagon/Fleetwood Mac/Pat Benatar tour in 1995?
Agreed ..Benatar was big for a few years and then she wasn't .She is kind of like the Helen Reddy of early '80s arena rock.

Old 12-11-2018, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Pat deserves to be in and believe that she will be someday, but she has not had the cultural impact Stevie has, not even close.

And who develops the initial list of potential nominees anyway? Don't many of the same people who vote for induction have a hand in shaping the initial list from which the inductees are eventually selected? If so, and they haven't even nominated Pat, they can't feel too bad about voting Stevie in ahead of her.

And as far as the whole Lindsey issue is concerned, as TheWildHeart67 so aptly pointed out in another thread, not that many people outside the Ledge are that worked up about it. And even if they were, controversy and drama like that fuels rock and roll. There are plenty of bands already inducted with that kind of animosity in their ranks. Anyone remember Blondie's induction?

I'm not 100% certain she will get in. Many people have had to be nominated multiple times. But if she doesn't, it won't be because of the Lindsey thing.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I'm not being an apologist for Stevie .Her recent behavior is reprehensible . Pat Benatar has not had a top ten album since 1982 and not one of her albums is as stellar as Bella Donna.However Stevie's body of work as a solo artist does not compare well with Radiohead and Roxy and they are not even getting in . Stevie for better or worse will be inducted in 2019.
Pat did sell more solo albums than Stevie and she had more Top 40 hits. She has won a Grammy and she is a great singer, which are reasons why people always cite her. However, she is more a product than Stevie. She is not much of a writer and she never seemed that involved in the music part of it.

Last edited by Jondalar; 12-11-2018 at 08:00 AM..
Old 12-11-2018, 08:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
I think Pat deserves to be in and believe that she will be someday, but she has not had the cultural impact Stevie has, not even close.

And as far as the whole Lindsey issue is concerned, as TheWildHeart67 so aptly pointed out in another thread, not that many people outside the Ledge are that worked up about it. And even if they were, controversy and drama like that fuels rock and roll. There are plenty of bands already inducted with that kind of animosity in their ranks. Anyone remember Blondie's induction?
Agreed- hopefully Pat Benatar will be nominated and inducted sometime.

But MikeInNV, what's this about animosity at Blondie's induction? I am way out of the loop- what happened?
Old 12-11-2018, 10:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

She definitely deserves to be in there. The way anyone treated poor LB means nothing to the voters. Get over it already. It’s old news.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
She definitely deserves to be in there.
If the Hall is an actual room that can be locked up, then yes.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
If the Hall is an actual room that can be locked up, then yes.
Put her in the Iron Maiden.
Old 12-11-2018, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
BTW Buckingham Nicks is a DUET THAT is not included in her body of work.
So is "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UD0c58nNCQ
Old 12-11-2018, 06:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Put her in the Iron Maiden.
You're on a roll!
Old 12-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
But MikeInNV, what's this about animosity at Blondie's induction? I am way out of the loop- what happened?
When Blondie reformed in the late 90s, a couple of members from their heyday were not invited back, which led to a lawsuit. Wounds were still fresh when they all got on stage together to be inducted, and words were exchanged for all to see and hear.
Old 12-11-2018, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
When Blondie reformed in the late 90s, a couple of members from their heyday were not invited back, which led to a lawsuit. Wounds were still fresh when they all got on stage together to be inducted, and words were exchanged for all to see and hear.
Here is the link to Blondie’s screwed up acceptance speech. Watch the ending.
https://youtu.be/M_bY7t06haY