The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-18-2017, 03:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Pics!

BuckVie Photos from Winstar and the Texas shows
Old 11-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
some fantastic photos there wondergirl!

the usual compilation of bits and pieces, from San Antonio show -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-19-2017, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
I was at that show too as a teen back in '84. Great concert! I was just to the left of center, about six rows from the stage. I remember standing up, dancing around and having Todd Sharp repeatedly flash his shiny guitar in my direction.

Didn't get to see BuckVie in SA but I did see them earlier in Chicago. I'm going back to SA for Thanksgiving next week and will see if I can dig up my ticket stub, t-shirt, and perhaps a very poor audio recording of the '84 show in a box somewhere at my parents' house.
What a trip!! I was also left of center in the front row! We bought those tickets the day they went on sale. I had just turned 14 years old.
Old 11-20-2017, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
What a trip!! I was also left of center in the front row! We bought those tickets the day they went on sale. I had just turned 14 years old.
Front row! You lucky devil!!! I'll try to dig up what I can and post photos/(audio?) of whatever I find stashed away at my parents once I get back from Thanksgiving.

Old 11-20-2017, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you have ANY photos whatsoever from the Christine McVie June 11, 1984 show at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, I would LOVE it if you could post them! That would be fantastic to remember that evening! Thanks so much!!!
Old 11-21-2017, 02:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you have ANY photos whatsoever from the Christine McVie June 11, 1984 show at The Majestic Theater in San Antonio, I would LOVE it if you could post them! That would be fantastic to remember that evening! Thanks so much!!!
There are DVD rips of the Christine McVie VHS video that's out there, if you know how to get them.

I know that's not specifically what you are asking for, but... just thought I'd mention it.
Old 11-21-2017, 05:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
There was a radio station that posted photos back stage and on stage from that concert on the web. I posted a link in the Christine McVie section over a year ago. You may have to search for it but there are about 4 good pictures...one of them meeting fans backstage.

Edit: The photos are from Houston. Sorry. These photos were taken 2 days before San Antonio. I like the photo of her backstage with young fans. I know in Pittsburgh the radio station raffled 2 pairs of backstage passes.

http://rockinhouston.com/performers/...&groupBy=Years

Last edited by Macfan4life; 11-21-2017 at 05:50 AM..
Old 11-21-2017, 08:51 AM

Thumbs up

Thanks for the Houston photos!!!

Christine seems ageless... wow..
Old 11-21-2017, 08:51 AM

Thumbs up

Old 11-26-2017, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

yes she does!

someone reminded me of another tidbit from this show - when LB was introducing the band and going on about the ex members of his OOTC band (BuckVie had both Neale and Federico), somebody yelled "bring Janet [Robin] next time!". LB turned to Neale and said something like "hey did you hear that?"

would be cool to have some more girl power in that backing band!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-26-2017, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Review: Buckingham & McVie go their own way

By Hector Saldana

Published 9:47 am, Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie’s new songs retain some of the bounce and sheen of Fleetwood Mac’s big ’70s hits.

One of the laws of the universe is that galaxies cluster and are bound together by gravity.

They rarely escape from each other, and such is the case in the unlikely, but thoroughly lovely, gravitational attraction between Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie.

The legendary Fleetwood Mac members - McVie rejoined the once-volatile fold in 2014 after a 15-year hiatus - brought their acclaimed Buckingham/McVie tour to the Majestic Theatre on Tuesday. They are on the road promoting a new duo album.

Both were in incredibly good voice - Buckingham much more powerful and emotional than on record; McVie as velvety voiced and wistful as ever — and their pairing is a reminder of what they brought to Fleetwood Mac in its heyday.

Buckingham is all about kinetic passion and exquisite precision. McVie adds simmering soul and something of a genteel British hippie vibe.

Some 1,500 fans took it all in.

The show opened with the two walking onstage and performing a slowed down, acoustic version of Buckingham’s “Trouble.”

Buckingham finger-picked the familiar hook. At times, like the Byrds’ Roger McGuinn used to do, he managed rhythm and melody simultaneously.

McVie, standing behind her keyboard rig, added the faintest hint of synth behind the muscular vocal. Then it was her turn on Fleetwood Mac’s “Wish You Were Here.”

The two were setting the stage to introduce the new material. But Buckingham was not going quietly into the night, easing the crowd into the show. His take on Fleetwood Mac’s “Never Going Back Again” achieved a new level of defiance.

It garnered the first standing ovation of the night.

The first new song, the chiming “Sleeping Around the Corner,” was song number five in the set and was performed with four additional musicians.

Buckingham talked about the duo’s album.

“It’s not something we saw coming,” he explained, describing it as an unlikely but “very happy occurrence.”

Obviously, it’s impossible not to conjure Fleetwood Mac with the new songs. It’s in the bounce, the arrangement and the Buckingham sheen.

But other elements sneak in. There is a poppy Talking Heads/Blondie/R.E.M vibe to “Feel Around You,” and “In My World” recalls, at times, Foster the People’s “Pumped Up Kicks” with a little Hall & Oates.

McVie stepped out from behind her keyboards to shake maracas and belt out the blues rocker “Too Far Gone.”

The two kept the energy up with “Hold Me,” a reminder of how their vocal blend was a touchstone of mid- and late ’70s pop.

“Little Lies” and a raucous take on “Tusk,” with McVie on keyboard accordion, found Buckingham singing as if under a spell.

The new “Love Is Here to Stay” made the case that the duo’s pairing was, as Buckingham put it, a karmic gift.

These are adult love songs of the highest order, and evidence that the project was collaboration of music and emotion.

Buckingham and McVie prove that it’s possible to follow one’s muse, take a chance and make some great pop and folk-pop music. That they’re also able to gift-wrap it with monster hits like “You Make Loving Fun” and “Go Your Own Way” is part of the magic and history of their universe.

Hector Saldana is curator of the Texas Music Collection at The Wittliff Collections at Texas State University
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:38 AM

http://www.mysanantonio.com/entertai...y-12359299.php

Here is the link for the above. Great review!!
Old 11-29-2017, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Nice review. Still cant believe this amazing duo with their legendary status (40% of the Mac) draws only 1500 people at a major US city.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Nice review. Still cant believe this amazing duo with their legendary status (40% of the Mac) draws only 1500 people at a major US city.
I count my blessings... The vibe was so cool to see them that way. They laid down for free.