User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 10:21 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
And to be clear, I think Mike Campbell is awesome and I’d have rather seen Lindsey join the Heartbreakers than this crap. And I had no idea who Neil Finn is other than knowing Don’t Dream It’s Over. I don’t blame these two guys at all. They’re getting paid to do a job that was offered to them.
You are onto something there. Lindsey needs to call up the rest of the Heartbreakers and strike a deal. They are a world-class band that can play just about any style he throws at them, and he already knows most of them.

I think it's unfortunate that some fans are being disrespectful to Mike and Neil, who were simply the guys who answered the phone and said, "Yes."

Even though FM, Crowded House, and TP and the Heartbreakers are three of my all-time favorite bands, I'm not sure that I'll go to the Houston show. But that has nothing to do with Neil and Mike. I think FM tickets are overpriced, I think they're greedy millionaires who insist on selling tickets months (sometimes up to 11 months) in advance of the shows, and they always do Amex pre-sales (I'm not an Amex customer).

But if they release an album, I'll most likely buy it!

matt
Old 04-25-2018, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Red Sun, Too Far Gone, OWTS, and Carnival Begin sit up there with anything they’ve done in the last 35 years IMO. If the Queen would’ve bothered to have any involvement I think it would’ve been one hell of a final Fleetwood Mac album. But instead it will just fade into obscurity while the band soldiers on with a cobbled together cash grab tour.
Exactly! Makes me wonder if she knows that, now. That she f*cked up what would have been a beautiful swan song for them.

It's beautiful as it is, but it probably could sold at least a million with the FM name, and some goat breath on it.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Let me get this straight, so it’s OK for Stevie to demand they tour only every three years, but if LB asks for one more year (and that would make it 4)he gets fired? I really loathe her.
Pretty much sums it all up, yes.

God, they are embarrassing themselves.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Tour Dates

Is it a coincidence that the tour starts on Lindsey's birthday?
Old 04-25-2018, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I have to admit, if this is true, I think it was an unreasonable demand. November 2019 would be 13 months - over a year. Say what you like - "just a year" is a long time for most people.

Yes, it's true in the past Stevie has demanded they wait as long as that if not longer (she is why we didn't get a 2017 tour), and it's hypocritical for her to condemn Lindsey for it. She hasn't been the "team player" she's characterizing herself as for a long time.

But just because she makes such selfish demands doesn't mean he should do the same.

What puzzles me, though, is that if this is true, where is the term "firing" coming from? If this is all there is to it, it seems Lindsey would simply quit, no? "If you don't postpone the tour, I'm not coming." That's called quitting. That's not being fired.

"Firing" suggests something else.

I have a feeling this isn't the whole truth.

I'm not saying it's a bald-faced lie necessarily - I'd hate to think that - but perhaps the truth is being "massaged" and key facts left out. It just doesn't quite add up otherwise.

Last edited by sodascouts; 04-25-2018 at 10:33 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 10:27 AM
Ledgie

I’ve long considered my self a Stevie die-hard since I was 16 but this really proves that her ego is bigger than her common sense. She has absolutely no consideration for the fans who have stuck in there for years. I wouldn’t pay a nickel for this concert.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour0323 View Post
Another slap in the face, same as the RS article and this morning interview.

I knew she hated him but I didn't know she hated him that much.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I have to admit, if this is true, I think it was an unreasonable demand. November 2019 would be 13 months - over a year. Say what you like - "just a year" is a long time for most people.

Yes, it's true in the past Stevie has demanded they wait as long as that if not longer (she is why we didn't get a 2017 tour), and it's hypocritical for her to condemn Lindsey for it. She hasn't been the "team player" she's characterizing herself as for a long time.

But just because she makes such selfish demands doesn't mean he should do the same.

What puzzles me, though, is that if this is true, where is the term "firing" coming from? If this is all there is to it, it seems Lindsey would simply quit, no? "If you don't postpone the tour, I'm not coming." That's called quitting. That's not being fired.

"Firing" suggests something else.

I have a feeling this isn't the whole truth.

I'm not saying it's a bald-faced lie necessarily - I'd hate to think that - but perhaps the truth is being "massaged" and key facts left out. It just doesn't quite add up otherwise.
We all saw Lindsey saying he wanted to do his solo tour together with FM tour. So unless he was planning to do his solo tour in November 2019, we all know she's lying.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:40 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing24 View Post
I’ve long considered my self a Stevie die-hard since I was 16 but this really proves that her ego is bigger than her common sense. She has absolutely no consideration for the fans who have stuck in there for years. I wouldn’t pay a nickel for this concert.
None of them do. I have been a fan for 35 years, and I am aware there are many people who have stuck by them far longer than that (I'm not that old ), and this behaviour is the reward we get from them. People have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on CD's, tour tickets, merchandising, etc. just to be flat out lied to, on national television no less. They forgot who pays for their houses and their retinue.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:43 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumour0323 View Post
Pure spite on Stevie's part. That is the true face of the icon.
Old 04-25-2018, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Bekka years part 2.
County Fairs here we come!
Old 04-25-2018, 10:46 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
Bekka years part 2.
County Fairs here we come!
At least Bekka probably sings better than Stevie and Chris do now
Old 04-25-2018, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

but they've already decided that this tour will feature songs from the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, not just the original Buckingham/Nicks run from 1975 to 1987. “We were never able to do that since 1975 because certain people in the band weren’t interested in doing that,” says Nicks.

Couldn’t have possibly been anyone but Lindsey, right?

Last edited by Frankenstein; 04-25-2018 at 10:51 AM..
Old 04-25-2018, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Don't buy any of it. It makes zero sense that Lindsey would put off a tour until 2019. The end of this year certainly but the end of 2019? No way.

As far as playing older songs from the band's past, don't you think Mick and John would have pull in terms of songs they would like in the set? It's THEIR band!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For Nicks, carrying on without Buckingham is bittersweet. “Our relationship has always been volatile,” she says. “We were never married, but we might as well have been. Some couples get divorced after 40 years. They break their kids' hearts and destroy everyone around them because it’s just hard. "

So, this is really like Stevie and Lindsey finally getting a divorce after a 40 year marriage? So it IS about her?? And, like real married couples, they get divorced and it breaks their kids' hearts....... are WE the kids then? We have broken hearts because we're children and our parents are breaking up?

See, that might have worked in the past, when so many of us were a lot younger and less experienced. The difference this time, Stevie, is that we're all grown up, and we've got lots of our own life experiences, and we know how marriages work, and work relationships, and how business works. And we understand that this band has become just about business.

So we aren't just upset because mommy and daddy split up......even grown children come to realize their parents are better off apart than together and unhappy. What rankles is the WAY it was handled, where one partner went out of their way to screw the other one over. You know, like if mommy didn't split the house 50-50 with daddy but instead made sure she got all the property for herself.

As I type this a commercial for the tour just came on..... all about "THE LEGACY CONTINUES" and "ALL THE SONGS YOU KNOW AND LOVE"

That to me does NOT sound like a "NEW" band looking to be creative.....