Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This.

Nobody died, here.

Lindsey was visibly unhappy with Fleetwood Mac (or at least Stevie), and all but said as much. And let’s be honest, many of his fans have stated that they’d rather see Lindsey do a solo tour than another cash grab tour.

As for the new lineup, I can’t imagine better additions. Yeah, I’d rather have had the classic lineup, but I can’t argue the merits of the new guys. I’d go see any band with them. Glad it’s Fleetwood Mac.

Personally, I was over the LB-SN drama a long time ago and had written off the band unless Christine returned. Hopefully, that drama gets even further buried.

Agree 100%.
I found Rick and Billy to be pretty bland.
That’s a word I’d never use for Mike Campbell.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Read Mike Campbell’s statement on Tom Petty official Instagram account.
It makes it hurt a little bit less.

Link? I couldn’t find his insta

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 04-11-2018, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What was the disagreement? It had to be pretty bad for Mick and Stevie to let this happen. One would think that those two are the most aware of the novelty that the Rumours five carries. At this point in time, it’s reaching the end of the road for them, and especially after Christine came back, when no one bought that would ever happen, they’re really not going to keep the five together? Really?

Last edited by Wdm6789; 04-11-2018 at 06:46 PM..
Old 04-11-2018, 06:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agree 100%.
Or Neil Finn, for that matter. I like that they brought in someone who has experience leading successful bands as well as one of the most tasteful lead guitarists in the history of rock.

I really like Billy and Rick (and Bekka), but they were out of their league in Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac needs people who can make bold musical statements, not glorified sidemen.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-11-2018, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhcoOkijGsN/?hl=en
Old 04-11-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope no one blames Mike for any of this.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Thank you for finding this. I know virtually nothing about Mike Campbell, but this is a good place to start. His statement is quite graceful.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thank you for putting this up:

tompettyofficialStatement from Mike Campbell on joining Fleetwood Mac: "Though I was sad to hear Lindsey Buckingham is no longer with Fleetwood Mac, I am honored and excited to join the band. Lindsey is one of my favorite musical artists. A true genius at songwriting and guitar playing. I intend to honor his songs while at the same time bring my musicality to the band. After one rehearsal I can tell it’s going to be an amazing collaboration. I am also very happy to have an opportunity to play with Neil Finn, who I greatly admire. Fleetwood Mac not only has one of the greatest rhythm sections in rock history, it also has two of the finest voices and songwriters in Stevie Nicks and Christine McVie. I am looking forward to the tour with great anticipation."
Old 04-11-2018, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You sound like my sig other--he's trying to help me with gentle reminders that nobody died. He means it seriously like wouldn't it be worse if one of the members had died.
Yes. And this forum would probably say Stevie killed them.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

While the personal drama with this crew has permeating through the veins of this band, this stunt wreaks of something more. I can't see Stevie issuing an ultimatum like that for a few reasons:
1. She loves spinning her tall/long tails about days gone by with Lindsey and how they got thru all their "stuff" learned to forgive, "this was the most beautiful poem I ever wrote about him...." And she knows fans love this. The Sara kissy face interactions and the Landslide flintiness. She knows how to act when she wants to
2. She is a smart business woman and part of her legacy is tied to this bands legacy. Lindsey is intricately woven into it. Cannot avoid it.

Sure, she will be able to weave some stories about Tom on this tour, but..... Not sure if the band expected the backlash they are getting. Are they expecting this tour to be as successful as "On With the Show" Stevie's die-hards aren't going to fill the arena if they aren't getting her gothic trunk of lost songs, and the Stevie die-hards may not know any of the FM deep cuts that have been alluded to getting pulled out here.

The thing most upsetting in all of this is the dismissive nature of the press release. "We wish Lindsey the best"....His fingerprints are all over this band and his ghost will be haunting the stage during this tour. Whatever it took to get them here is really sad. It is hurting the legacy of this band. The one thing the 4 remaining members are short on is time. Let's face it, that's why they were able to pull Mike Campbell into this mess. I do not mean to be disrespectful here to Tom (huge fan) or Mike, but that is a fact.
Fans of FM are being robbed of a farewell tour. This is a cover band of really talented musicians. My money is better served elsewhere. And it breaks my heart.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
hmmm... so any response countering the claim that comments about Stevie qualify as "misogynistic" have been removed by mods and/or moved to the 'hot topics' thread so they will be lost. Interesting.
Misogyny is so irrelevant these days.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Agree 100%.
Much to the chagrin of some folks here this tour is going to sell well and be a joy to witness. Something different from Fleetwood Mac... Finally!
Old 04-11-2018, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
https://instagram.com/p/BhcoOkijGsN/
Old 04-11-2018, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Much to the chagrin of some folks here this tour is going to sell well and be a joy to witness. Something different from Fleetwood Mac... Finally!
For fans who have been to a Tom Petty show, I think
we’ll be ok with this.
We’ll always miss Lindsey, but the music is going to be very powerful with Mike.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Read Mike Campbell’s statement on Tom Petty official Instagram account.
It makes it hurt a little bit less.
it doesn't.

but it makes Mike look better, for sure. much better than the other 4 and their official despicable statement.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"