Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-17-2017, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default just 2 of them on stage acoustically for 1st few songs

in that Sirius Town Hall Lindsey said they will be opening their Buckingham Mcvie live shows with a few acoustic numbers, just Christine and Lindsey alone on the stage.

what do we think, which songs will they do? how many?

I can think of Say You Love Me and Big Love, or Say You Love me and Never Going Back, but what others? i could see Love Is Here to Stay acoustically, but they performed it as full band on CBS show so don't think that's it.

one thing i'm sure of is that it will be balanced numbers of his and her songs since they always try to do that... maybe they surprise us with re-working some unexpected songs acoustically??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
... maybe they surprise us with re-working some unexpected songs acoustically??
That would be great! Perhaps "Walk a Thin Line" and "Why." But it will probably be "Big Love" or "Never Going Back Again" and "Say You Love Me." Maybe "Game of Pretend."
Old 06-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Oh God please NO Big Love
Give it a break. It was so cool during the Dance but its over. I really doubt they will do it. I don't think they will do Never Going Back Again. We will hear all these songs AGAIN during the world tour. PLEASE PLEASE give us something different.
Old 06-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Walk A Thin Line! I'll die and miss the rest of the show, lol. I listened to this show earlier and here's what I recall:

Mark Goodman was trying to drill down on which songs were demos for FM and which weren't--quite a few questions about when this, when that. It sounded like Chris said she wasn't playing at all on Lay Down For Free but Lindsey was talking at the same time. Chris was asked to characterize what he's like in the studio and she said "he's a very driven man, very focused, very concentrated, fanatical." Mark noted Lindsey playing drums, bass, keyboards. Red Sun was inspired by Chris watching the sun go down in Africa.
Mark asked if OWTS was written as a love letter to FM and Lindsey says "yeah" then explains the song was cut with John and Mick and it predated the tour in 2013 then was put on the shelf. He mentioned John has a recording studio in his house and would listen to Lindsey's stuff then comment on what he wanted to work on. Chris said she got very emotional when she heard the song "a tear went down my cheek". Lindsey talks about "playing to 3 generations of people at least."
Old 06-17-2017, 03:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mark loves the sound of the album and Lindsey says Luke Steel from Empire of the Sun calls IMW "minimalist modern.' Mark didn't know Chris toured solo here in the states They were asked about preparing for the shows and Chris said "it's a different band" and talked about being used to playing with Mick and John but added she's really excited. This part is just my interpretation---she sounded a little hesitant, a little tentative. Lindsey jumped in to say "it may be an adjustment for her" but he's used to these size shows and "Jimmy Paxson is killer" and he worked with the bass player during OOTC.
Asked if they'll do FM songs Lindsey replies "they'd run us out on a rail if we didn't" and then he said "we're opening up with just the 2 of us and some off the radar stuff" then doing 8 of the 10 songs from the new album. Yahoo!!!!
Old 06-17-2017, 04:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris was asked if Stevie has weighed in on the album and she says "you mean criticized?" then she says "I've seen Stevie socially on several occasions, we haven't talked about it at all, we talked about getting together in July." Lindsey confirms a solo release in Jan 2018 and summer Mac tour in 2018. Chris was asked about statements a few years ago about Stevie contributing and she answered "no, that was just a fantasy of mine" and Lindsey offered "we haven't ruled anything out but probably no" then Chris adds "you just never know with this band." She said she trusts Lindsey and feels safe working with him.

Almost forgot earlier in the interview Lindsey said "very seldom does everyone want the same thing at the same time--makes it disappointing to get things mobilized." No s#*t!
Please forgive me for splitting this up as I did but I had notes scratched everywhere from listening to the show. I hope this town hall becomes available for everyone. Sometimes a written transcription isn't the same as hearing the inflection in people's voice and I did my best to be accurate.

Whatever this thing will be at the start of their show sounds extra new and fresh and I'm all for it. I'm even more pumped up for these shows now.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Off the radar stuff...now that sounds great. Perhaps a couple of solo songs and a couple of vaguer Fleetwood Mac numbers. Please let Why be in there somewhere. I was also thinking Honey Hi could be a good one for just the two of them (though it would really miss Stevie's vocals). Hold Me could be described as off-the-radar, though I'd prefer it to have a full band treatment.

PS, thanks Lola

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 06-17-2017, 04:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for the Info, sounds a great interview.

I hope we get some rarer Mac stuff, Hold Me must be played.
Old 06-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Something just popped into my head. Before the Mac shows last time, they would play an acoustic version of Think About Me. Now that would be something very cool to hear live!
Old 06-17-2017, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love it! I was heartbroken when they did Think About Me in Australia/NZ but not here.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'd love Hold Me too. I read something about a fan shouting Hold Me MFer or hoisting up a poster that said the same---foggy memory but it was probably here that I read about it and I've never looked at the song the same. I LOVE this song and I crack up thinking about someone demanding the song. Maybe reading too much into it but I've felt exasperated with FM and I could see myself doing the same thing.
Old 06-17-2017, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Walk A Thin Line! I'll die and miss the rest of the show, lol. I listened to this show earlier and here's what I recall:

Lindsey says "yeah" then explains the song was cut with John and Mick and it predated the tour in 2013 then was put on the shelf. He mentioned John has a recording studio in his house and would listen to Lindsey's stuff then comment on what he wanted to work on. Chris said she got very emotional when she heard the song "a tear went down my cheek". Lindsey talks about "playing to 3 generations of people at least."
thanks soooooo much for typing these up Lola, so many little gems in that interview!

same about Walk A Thin Line - i've been crying for this one since 2011, but i've lost all hope by now. it would be fantastic in a nicely done acoustic form with just 2 of them!

not John, that was Mitchell Froom they were talking about. Lindsey said he sent him bunch of his demos for Froom to select what he likes and then they worked on it, Froom added his keyboards, arrangements, and orchestration. he mentioned IMW and Lay Down For Free as 2 of the songs Froom selected to work on. Lindsey said he loved working with Froom and would do it again. on which Chris immediately chimed in "don't you dare! you're all mine!!" and Lindsey said, ok ok i'm not going anywhere. i think Chris was especially referring to Froom being a keyboardist, you could hear LB paused a bit in confusion when she said "don't you dare!".

Quote:
Please forgive me for splitting this up as I did but I had notes scratched everywhere from listening to the show. I hope this town hall becomes available for everyone. Sometimes a written transcription isn't the same as hearing the inflection in people's voice and I did my best to be accurate.

Whatever this thing will be at the start of their show sounds extra new and fresh and I'm all for it. I'm even more pumped up for these shows now.
please don't apologize for doing all this work to share this - it's some fantastic stuff - thanks again so much!! completely agree with what sounds like a very fresh approach they are taking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Off the radar stuff...now that sounds great. Perhaps a couple of solo songs and a couple of vaguer Fleetwood Mac numbers. Please let Why be in there somewhere. I was also thinking Honey Hi could be a good one for just the two of them (though it would really miss Stevie's vocals). Hold Me could be described as off-the-radar, though I'd prefer it to have a full band treatment.

PS, thanks Lola
i really don't want any solo, with 8 new songs, and they didn't really mention solo stuff in any interviews so i'd be shocked if they do any. but off-the-radar Fleetwood Mac stuff is beyond my dreams right now, especially since on the last 2 Mac tours off-the-radar LB stuff was stuff he did tons on times before live - Not That Funny and IKINW. so if we get one of his other faster Tusk songs, like The Ledge or What Makes You Think, or slower like WATL or SMAP i would be completely ecstatic!! especially if it would be either WATL or What Makes You Think, which are my 2 favorite Tusk songs!!

it's interesting that you list Hold Me as Mac off-the-radar, since it was such a huge hit. but considering they did it on just one tour after the album came out, it definitely is. how amazing would it be if we finally get Hold me live??!!?!?!?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViscountViktor View Post
Thanks for the Info, sounds a great interview.

I hope we get some rarer Mac stuff, Hold Me must be played.
would be so fantastic, we've been waiting for Hold Me for 2 Mac tours now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Something just popped into my head. Before the Mac shows last time, they would play an acoustic version of Think About Me. Now that would be something very cool to hear live!
ohhhhhhh good thought i forgot about it! yes, that may be pretty amazing!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-17-2017, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thx for straightening out the John/Froom thing. Walk A Thin Line is my all time fav from LB. Whether it's Mac or solo stuff this song reigns supreme for me.
Old 06-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thx for straightening out the John/Froom thing. Walk A Thin Line is my all time fav from LB. Whether it's Mac or solo stuff this song reigns supreme for me.
i hear you! the only time he did it live was that tiny part of the song back at OMS in Chicago. wish he'd consider playing it, who knows maybe we get it on this tour (but i lost hope after so many tours of not getting it!)?

Old 06-17-2017, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've always wanted Save Me A Place in an acoustic set - would have worked better with Stevie but I think L + C could pull it off.