Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Eau Claire, WI - Nov 19

http://volumeone.org/articles/2012/1...kingham_on_tap

Thursday Nov. 15th, 2012 Articles

Lindsey Buckingham On Tap

by Lindsey Quinnies

Lindsey Buckingham is most well known for being the front man of Fleetwood Mac, which has undoubtedly contributed monstrously to rock n roll and the music industry as a whole over the past few decades. Lucky for us, he will be gracing the State Theatre downtown with his presence later this month. Besides being inducted into the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame with mega success band Fleetwood Mac, Lindsey Buckingham himself was ranked in Rolling Stone magazine’s 2011 list of “The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time.” Depending on how close you want to be to a legend and what your wallet will allow, ticket prices range from $37-$42 and can be purchased on the State Theatre’s website. So if you’re a fan, block off Monday, November 19 from 7:30 to 9 PM in your calendar for jammin’ and go see Lindsey Buckingham.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

I'll be there in the front with my eldest son. He's the only one of my 4 boys who has never seen a Lindsey concert. I know how to raise 'em right!
Old 11-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori40 View Post
I'll be there in the front with my eldest son. He's the only one of my 4 boys who has never seen a Lindsey concert. I know how to raise 'em right!
have fun!!

(and looking forward to hear about it!)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-20-2012, 02:51 AM
Senior Ledgie

I just returned from the concert, and I must say, that man never fails to impress me. He always pours everything he has into every single song he plays. With that said, there were no surprises by Lindsey. The set list and patter were the same. The audience reaction did surprise me at times. In the beginning, before Lindsey played anything, he shook his right hand out (like he always does before playing Big Love), and over half of the audience burst out laughing, so
Lindsey cracked a smile, made a face and started hamming it up a bit before starting to play CAD. Later, in NTL, when he sang the line, "you know you should never believe what you read." a good number of audience members laughed out loud again. Lindsey just smiled. I think he was happy that everyone was listening so intently. If he hadn't yet figured out, by this point of the concert, that these fans didn't seem too familiar with his solo work (recorded or in concert), he had to have realized it when a sudden eruption of applause and cheering began after he sang, "two kinds of trouble in this world...".

If unfamiliar with his work, the audience was appreciative, and Lindsey was having a good time. After Come, Lindsey finally broke a sweat, no pun intended, and a fan ran up to the stage with a napkin for him to wipe his face with. He did so, then put it back on an amp. Later in the concert, after Lindsey threw his sweaty towel to the crowd,the lady who had given him the napkin earlier, asked for it back. Lindsey proceded to wipe his brow, then his chest, then under each of his arms and returned it to her, shaking his head in disbelief that someone would want that.

Lindsey saved his best move for last. After So Afraid, the crowd gave him a standing ovation, and a few of us, only 4 or 5, in the front row made our move to the stage only to be met by an elderly security guard trying to send us back. We didn't move, and Lindsey soon came to our rescue. He walked right up to the edge of the stage, tapped the guy on the head, and pointed for him to sit back down on his chair in the corner. Stan? His guitar tech, stepped off to the side with the guard to explain, then Lindsey's biggest fan, who was still sitting in the front row at this point, turned around and motioned for everyone to come down to the front, and they did. Lindsey stood in front of us for most of GYOW, and let us play his guitar! He came back out to
play Trouble, finish his big machine, small machine talk, and play SWS. All in all, a perfect, passionate performance.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just returned from the concert, and I must say, that man never fails to impress me. He always pours everything he has into every single song he plays. With that said, there were no surprises by Lindsey. The set list and patter were the same. The audience reaction did surprise me at times. In the beginning, before Lindsey played anything, he shook his right hand out (like he always does before playing Big Love), and over half of the audience burst out laughing, so
Lindsey cracked a smile, made a face and started hamming it up a bit before starting to play CAD. Later, in NTL, when he sang the line, "you know you should never believe what you read." a good number of audience members laughed out loud again. Lindsey just smiled. I think he was happy that everyone was listening so intently. If he hadn't yet figured out, by this point of the concert, that these fans didn't seem too familiar with his solo work (recorded or in concert), he had to have realized it when a sudden eruption of applause and cheering began after he sang, "two kinds of trouble in this world...".

If unfamiliar with his work, the audience was appreciative, and Lindsey was having a good time. After Come, Lindsey finally broke a sweat, no pun intended, and a fan ran up to the stage with a napkin for him to wipe his face with. He did so, then put it back on an amp. Later in the concert, after Lindsey threw his sweaty towel to the crowd,the lady who had given him the napkin earlier, asked for it back. Lindsey proceded to wipe his brow, then his chest, then under each of his arms and returned it to her, shaking his head in disbelief that someone would want that.

Lindsey saved his best move for last. After So Afraid, the crowd gave him a standing ovation, and a few of us, only 4 or 5, in the front row made our move to the stage only to be met by an elderly security guard trying to send us back. We didn't move, and Lindsey soon came to our rescue. He walked right up to the edge of the stage, tapped the guy on the head, and pointed for him to sit back down on his chair in the corner. Stan? His guitar tech, stepped off to the side with the guard to explain, then Lindsey's biggest fan, who was still sitting in the front row at this point, turned around and motioned for everyone to come down to the front, and they did. Lindsey stood in front of us for most of GYOW, and let us play his guitar! He came back out to
play Trouble, finish his big machine, small machine talk, and play SWS. All in all, a perfect, passionate performance.
thank you for vivid descriptions - loved reading them!

curious - there were at least 4 of Lindsey's biggest fans that i know of at that show... are you talking about big Dave?

Old 11-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
thank you for vivid descriptions - loved reading them!

curious - there were at least 4 of Lindsey's biggest fans that i know of at that show... are you talking about big Dave?
Yes, as always, Dave was doing his stuff to get everyone down

Lindsey tapping that security on the head was hilarious and a magical moment!!!!

And this post is by me (McTrouble) - I have hijacked redtulips' laptop!!!!!
Old 11-20-2012, 01:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Oh gross, but amusing. That must have been one absorbent napkin. Michele
Old 11-20-2012, 03:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

curious - there were at least 4 of Lindsey's biggest fans that i know of at that show... are you talking about big Dave?[/QUOTE]

I didn't mean to slight any other Lindsey fans, but I did mean Dave. I don't think he wants to be mentioned on here, but I figured people would know. BTW, it was great seeing him again. I think he said that the concert tonight in Minneapolis will be his 200th time seeing either, FM, Stevie, or Lindsey.
Old 11-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yay! Someone recorded the GYOW security guard incident! So funny!

Old 11-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post

wow - this is even better than i expected from just hearing about it in all your stories!

Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redtulip View Post

That was classic! Who is playing the acoustic guitar that I hear?
Old 11-22-2012, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
That was classic! Who is playing the acoustic guitar that I hear?
you can hear his backing track. there is a rhythm guitar and backup vocals on the chorus on the backing track.

Old 11-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Thanks for finding and posting this. It's fun to see.
Old 11-22-2012, 07:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So many magical moments - and this is up there amongst the top. It was hilarious!!!!!!

I also love how the 4 or 5 of us were refusing to sit down anyway even before Lindsey intervened!
Old 11-25-2012, 01:46 AM
Ledgie

LOL, that is hilarious...I love how he tapped that guy and motioned for him to take a hike without missing a beat. Sounds like it would have been a great show. During the Overland Park show I missed the audience interaction that usually takes place during GYOW.
This reminds me of the show in Salina where 2 determined fans went to the stage early in the show and another woman kept coming up to tell them to sit down. It was becoming very distracting for everyone else in the audience. Finally, Lindsey intervened by sitting down crossed legged right in front of the woman and telling her something along the lines of "this is a rock and roll concert" and several others started coming up after that.