The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mine was in '82 Mirage tour in Detroit, MI...... I don't remember it though--just remember we had nose bleed seats Some day I will have a recording of this show!! SIGH!! I know it is out there but it seems everyone has it on cassette

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first live Fleetwood Mac experience was August or September 1974...the taping of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert around the time that Heroes Are Hard To Find was released.

My first public Fleetwood Mac concert was a few months later in December 1974 at the Long Beach Arena. Climax Blues Band opened. It was one of the last shows of the tour, if not THE last show...and therefore, Bob Welch's last show as a member of Fleetwood Mac.

Just as a side note, the first TICKETS I ever bought for a Fleetwood Mac concert turned out to be one of the shows that WOULD'VE been the "Bogus Fleetwood Mac" that finished the Mystery To Me tour....a local DJ spread the word that the Fleetwood Mac on the road wasn't the "real" Fleetwood Mac, so I got a refund...had I known what a collector's item it would've been, I would've just eaten the cost of the ticket...but when you're 17 and money-poor, those ideas don't hit home quite so fast.

Last edited by chiliD; 10-01-2009 at 06:56 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
My first live Fleetwood Mac experience was August or September 1974...the taping of Don Kirshner's Rock Concert around the time that Heroes Are Hard To Find was released.

My first public Fleetwood Mac concert was a few months later in December 1974 at the Long Beach Arena. Climax Blues Band opened. It was one of the last shows of the tour, if not THE last show...and therefore, Bob Welch's last show as a member of Fleetwood Mac.

Just as a side note, the first TICKETS I ever bought for a Fleetwood Mac concert turned out to be one of the shows that WOULD'VE been the "Bogus Fleetwood Mac" that finished the Mystery To Me tour....a local DJ spread the word that the Fleetwood Mac on the road wasn't the "real" Fleetwood Mac, so I got a refund...had I known what a collector's item it would've been, I would've just eaten the cost of the ticket...but when you're 17 and money-poor, those ideas don't hit home quite so fast.
Can you tell a little bit about the show... Love to hear it..
Old 10-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My first show will be on 22nd October, in Glasgow. I can't wait!
Old 10-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

August 13, 2003 in Kansas City then subsequently on August 15 in St. Louis... seems like so long ago... but it also seems just like yesterday too.

Matt
Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mine was April 28th 2009 in Atlanta Georgia! The best night of my life
Old 10-01-2009, 10:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
12 years ago today, I went to my first Fleetwood Mac concert It was in Columbus, OH at Polaris Ampitheater. I was thrilled senseless! I'd been waiting to see them for SO long! Everything about it was perfect (at least it was to me!). I was wondering if anyone else here had attended that concert or if not, what was your first concert?
That's so funny-- today is the 8th year anniversary of my first Fleetwood Mac related show. It was Stevie at the Concord Pavillion. I met her at that show. October 1st must be a good day all the way around

My first FM show, however, was May 20th, 2009. Front row seats and the chance to meet Mick. When it comes to this band, apparently I have a trend of going big or going home....

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 10-01-2009 at 10:22 PM..
Old 10-01-2009, 11:33 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Wow! That reminded me daniellaaarisen, I saw Stevie solo in Atlanta... Mustve been July '01? Great show. Hot as though.
Old 10-02-2009, 01:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glittermoondust View Post
Mine was in '82 Mirage tour in Detroit, MI...... I don't remember it though--just remember we had nose bleed seats Some day I will have a recording of this show!! SIGH!! I know it is out there but it seems everyone has it on cassette
Hey Amy..

That's the same tour I went to here in Houston. We had like 3rd row seats, but unfortunately, I don't remember a lot from this show, other than Stevie had on that red cape, singing Sara, and I was just mezmorized.. I also remember loving them singing "TUSK" as it sounded great...

Hugs,

Arlene

There is magic all around you everytime you walk in the room.....
Old 10-02-2009, 01:49 AM
Registered

First Fleetwood Mac show.. front row center, opening night of the SYW tour, Columbus, OH.

Stevie CANCELED the TISL shows I was to attend, even while adding additional shows to other markets. But I'm not bitter

Last edited by LukeA; 10-02-2009 at 01:53 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first show was on July 16, 1995 Time tour at the Rock Fest in Cadott Wisconsin. I was pretty underwhelmed but it was still a thrill to see Fleetwood Mac for the first time. First time with classic lineup was at the Riverfront Colesium in Cincinnati on 10-3-1997. I'll never forget driving 700 miles from Minnneapolis thru the night with no sleep to get to that show.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:23 AM
Ledgie

Smile

Hello Holidayroad & all: My only FM concert was Dec.1, 1979. On the "Tusk" tour at the UNI-Dome in Cedar Falls, Iowa. A great show, although Stevie was suffering with a throat problem (which was dealt with in 1980). Attendance was close to 23,000 which was a Dome record at the time. A very special, (and unforgettable) show.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
First Fleetwood Mac show.. front row center, opening night of the SYW tour, Columbus, OH.

Stevie CANCELED the TISL shows I was to attend, even while adding additional shows to other markets. But I'm not bitter
Originally Posted by vivfox
You were very lucky because you saw the only live performance of Running Through The Garden and also Destiny Rules which was only performed at a handful of shows.

Hey MacMan, did I get it right this time?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My first was june 15th 1988 for TiTn at the Ahoy' in Rotterdam. Same venue as the concert of 12 days ahead....
Old 10-02-2009, 03:56 AM
vivfox
This message has been deleted by vivfox.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Moon View Post
My first show will be on 22nd October, in Glasgow. I can't wait!
This makes 2 of us! I'm so excited! We should meet up beforehand, I suggested this to Lauren via facebook...