Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-02-2002, 11:46 PM
Ledgie

Default Chris singing gypsy...!?

I just dowladed this Mp3 of off Emerald Eyes of Chris singing gypsy. Its really Really weir yet at the same time its really cool. Any one else heard this??? I wonder why they had her record it it sounds awsome although the recording quality isnt that good. Any thoughts??
Old 11-03-2002, 01:32 AM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 11-03-2002, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Actually, I think it's from a Mirage rehearsal. I have a bootleg CD called The Legend and it's on there. I agree, it does sound strange but sort of neat at the same time and I have no idea why she was singing it instead of Stevie.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Can someone please send this mp3 to me, my email address is
the_dance_2@hotmail.com
Old 11-03-2002, 08:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mac Fan
Can someone please send this mp3 to me, my email address is
the_dance_2@hotmail.com
I think you will find it is too big a file to send to a hotmail account

Pip
Old 11-03-2002, 09:12 AM
joe

She (Christine) has been known to sing some of Stevie's songs in rehearsals. There's also a version of "Dreams" from the Mirage rehearsals with Chris on vocals and i have the Rumours rehearsal cd with Chris doing vocals on "Dreams" and "Rhiannon" and Lindsey takes over for "Landslide" and "Gold Dust Woman"...It's either cause they were sparing Stevie's voice or they were just doing a technical run through and didn't really require Stevie at that point in the rehearsals.

The performances tend to be funny at times. During "Rhiannon" Chris sings "da da da da da da da...." in place of "Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night..." and she actually does part of the full on ending. She says something during the ending of that i can't quite make out. Anyone???
Old 11-03-2002, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I too really enjoy listening to those mpr3s where Chris fills in for Stevie. I've got ones of Gypsy, Landslide, Rhiannon and Dreams, but all lamentable quality as Blackwidower said.

Too my knowledge, they came about simply becuase of Stevie's absence in a rehearsal session and the eed for the band members to practice their bits. The relative unimportance of the vocals in that case explains why in these mp3s, Chris' vocals are of particularly variable volume.

I would've liked to hear Chris sing Sara! Makes me wonder if she ever wanted too..?
Old 11-03-2002, 11:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon

I think you will find it is too big a file to send to a hotmail account

Pip
So would I have to download it, then?
Old 11-03-2002, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by joe
She (Christine) has been known to sing some of Stevie's songs in rehearsals. There's also a version of "Dreams" from the Mirage rehearsals with Chris on vocals and i have the Rumours rehearsal cd with Chris doing vocals on "Dreams" and "Rhiannon" and Lindsey takes over for "Landslide" and "Gold Dust Woman"...It's either cause they were sparing Stevie's voice or they were just doing a technical run through and didn't really require Stevie at that point in the rehearsals.

The performances tend to be funny at times. During "Rhiannon" Chris sings "da da da da da da da...." in place of "Rhiannon rings like a bell through the night..." and she actually does part of the full on ending. She says something during the ending of that i can't quite make out. Anyone???
Thanks Joe (great name by the way! ) You beat me to it!

But I have Landslide with Chris singing, though her vocals' volume is only really raised towards the end. It might be the same track though - does it have the 'waterfall' solo by Lindsey which Chris says 'Yeah Lindsey I love that' and he goes 'Nah kinda schamltzy!'

My Rhiannon is different though. Doesn't say which rehearsal it's from but it's under 2mins long, without any 'da da da'. Perhaps its a truncated version.
Old 11-03-2002, 12:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by DownOnRodeo
My Rhiannon is different though. Doesn't say which rehearsal it's from but it's under 2mins long, without any 'da da da'. Perhaps its a truncated version.
I think they ran through it twice in a row at the '77 tour rehearsal. The first time, they stopped about halfway through to figure something out, so maybe that's what you have ...? All that rehearsal stuff came from the same person essentially. It's a super "Go Your Own Way" on there. When the first CD-R was released, it contained:

1. Dreams (labeled "The Chain")
2. You Make Loving Fun
3. Dreams
4. Blue Letter
5. Rhiannon
6. Landslide
7. Over My Head
8. Go Your Own Way
9. Gold Dust Woman
10. The Chain
11. Rhiannon
12. Dreams

The last two (Rhiannon, Dreams) are rehearsals for the Tusk Tour, even though they're on the Rumours Tour rehearsal group. Confusion.
Old 11-03-2002, 08:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Chris singing gypsy...!?

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwidower
I just dowladed this Mp3 of off Emerald Eyes of Chris singing gypsy. Its really Really weir yet at the same time its really cool. Any one else heard this??? I wonder why they had her record it it sounds awsome although the recording quality isnt that good. Any thoughts??
I never knew of this recording (or even the website!!) till now! Thanks for letting us know! I liked the track a lot, I reckon she does a really good job with the vocals, in her usual effortless way!

Old 11-04-2002, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

what is the address of that site?

thanks

adam
Old 11-04-2002, 03:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by stevierocks87
what is the address of that site?

thanks

adam

The address is

http://listen.to/christinemcvie

It's a Christine McVie site, you can find that link and others on the Nicksfix.

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 11-04-2002, 03:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

By the way, I can't download the song! My computer says it's an mpeg file instead of mp3...and it only downloads 76 kb. Someone help me!

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 11-04-2002, 06:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default thanks!

Thanks Emma! I went and downloaded it and I liked it, it acually wasn't as weird as I was expecting it to be. Did anyone notice she did both Stevie's AND Lindsey's part???

BTW, thats really weird Emma. Did you right-click on the link and select "save target as"? It worked fine for me.

Oh yeah, that site hasn't been updated in like 2 years. What's up with that?

adam
Old 11-05-2002, 01:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

I've heard the version of Gypsy.... but none of the others that some of you mentioned. I was wondering if there was anywhere I could get them???? Very interested in hearing them... especially Chris doing Rhiannon and Lindsey doing GDW.

Kate