Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-06-2017, 11:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exactly.
I’m just coming up for air today. Been in a funk all week.
I’m sure she’ll release something sweet and heartbreaking soon.

Lucinda Williams just posted a beautiful tribute on instagram and FB today.
Tom’s daughters have great pics up on Instagram.

I’m devastated.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...004-story.html
Old 10-07-2017, 04:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe, she has the good manners to wait until his wife and family put out a statement.
Then she will surely say something.
They must all be in shock and his family traumatised..
It's dreadful when someone dies unexpectedly and quite young really...
Old 10-07-2017, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks guys. I'm thinking the same, she's waiting for now, but will ultimately say something.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post

"The only gripe he had was about the hip he cracked shortly before the tour started, which he was now finally addressing."
Old 10-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
This is an interesting concept. I had never thought too much about this theory, but you have a point. Tom is one of the few musician friends that Stevie NEVER dated or had some sort of fling with. Although she claims to have felt nothing more than a strong kinship with his music, DID Stevie actually harbor a secret burning love for Tom? Was it mad love? Did she ever secretly pursue him--with him being the only man who ever turned her down. She doesn't seem like his type, at least personality wise.

Tom had said in various interviews that she was and would follow him around like "a puppy dog". Tom was married in the mid 70's thru all of the 80's and he always seemed to be the kind that would never cheat. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't only Stevie now knows for sure but Tom had said she was in love with him.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

http://wmmr.com/2017/10/06/peter-wol...g-tom-petty-2/
Old 10-07-2017, 07:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Benmont Tench put out a statement yesterday on twitter.

He thanked everyone for their kinds works about Tom and how much it meant to them and Tom's family. He said it meant a lot.

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 10-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have been a bit perplexed by the silence as well. Last night I did some poking around. I had listened to the 911 call on TMZ and formed a couple loose opinions based on that. Then after poking around, I draw my own weak conclusions; that perhaps Tom has been smoking for 45 years and probably developed heart disease. His Stone interview last year sounded a bit pessimistic about the 40 yr tour, which was extended(?) Then when he fell and fractured his hip, he was probably urged to cancel or postpone and go for surgery, but Tom being Tom, wasn’t having it out of sense of obligation and sheer stubbornness. He was in a great deal of pain at the end. I’ve never heard of someone having a heart attack due to pain, but the two conditions together (hip fracture and heart disease) have an extremely high risk for heart attack. I also found an article that said he hadn’t been to a doctor in almost 20 years. Likely he didn’t like what he was being told back then. I think for sheer stubbornness he is no longer with us and I think Stevie may be experiencing some feelings of betrayal that has kept her quiet. I only say this because it might be the way I felt if I had someone I really cared about have something similar happen to them.
Old 10-09-2017, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Kindness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcrazylove View Post
What a ****ty thing to say, perhaps the poster was implying that her silence IS the statement.
Thanks for seeing my post from a different perspective and trying to support me. I try and avoid the negativity, especially the really aggressive stuff as the person who posts like that must really have something going on that I'll never understand. Have a great day!
Old 10-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchChain View Post
This is an interesting concept. I had never thought too much about this theory, but you have a point. Tom is one of the few musician friends that Stevie NEVER dated or had some sort of fling with. Although she claims to have felt nothing more than a strong kinship with his music, DID Stevie actually harbor a secret burning love for Tom? Was it mad love? Did she ever secretly pursue him--with him being the only man who ever turned her down. She doesn't seem like his type, at least personality wise.
Don't want to be a Debbie Downer, BUT that's not what TP had implied in several interviews??
Old 10-09-2017, 05:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't want to be contrary at this very sad time, but I'm thinking Stevie hasn't posted anything because she might not be able to lift her head off the pillow. I understand that she posted remarks about Prince and Glenn Frey, but I think this is a loss that is far more personal and shocking than she's had in a very long time~maybe since the loss of her mother. I believe she thought of Tom Petty as not just a very good friend who was special to her, but rather a family member. Just my humble opinion.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:15 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
I don't want to be contrary at this very sad time, but I'm thinking Stevie hasn't posted anything because she might not be able to lift her head off the pillow. I understand that she posted remarks about Prince and Glenn Frey, but I think this is a loss that is far more personal and shocking than she's had in a very long time~maybe since the loss of her mother. I believe she thought of Tom Petty as not just a very good friend who was special to her, but rather a family member. Just my humble opinion.
All valid points. I have been thinking the same things all week. And don’t forget, Stevie hates social media!
Old 10-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabellee View Post
Thanks for seeing my post from a different perspective and trying to support me. I try and avoid the negativity, especially the really aggressive stuff as the person who posts like that must really have something going on that I'll never understand. Have a great day!
Are you really that sensitive? Why did you feel the need to try and have the last word? Your comment just wasn't sufficient. End of story. You provided nothing to back it. I'm not aggressive, I just think you needed to add anything worth reading. Now you have a great day too!
Old 10-09-2017, 06:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviegirl View Post
Totally agree, but I'd still like to hear/read her remember him whenever she's ready.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Totally agree, but I'd still like to hear/read her remember him whenever she's ready.
Me, too, Nick.

Last edited by Steviegirl; 10-09-2017 at 06:34 PM..