User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I felt so awkward when the interviewer was like "Lindsey, as Stevie said, it's as if those 16 years didn't exist..." I mean it is sort of insulting to the Say You Will album Seriously though it makes me feel bad, sure FM only made one record, one EP and went out on a couple of "hits" tours, but I get the feeling that LB feels he at least tried to keep things going and that kind of comment probably undermines that a bit
Yes, I feel the same way too. I also feel, as a fan who went and saw the Mac on both the 2009 and 2013 tour, these comments seem to de-value the legitimacy of those tours. The Say You Will album, whether you enjoy it or not, was a bold statement and really did keep the band going. Lindsey was truly the driving force for Fleetwood Mac throughout the last 16 years and had he not been interested in keeping the band going, Fleetwood Mac would have ended long ago. Yes, Stevie is the one with the star power to bring the people to arenas, but it really took Lindsey's persistence and leadership to allow the band to flourish. I'm sure Stevie isn't trying to devalue Lindsey's work, but it did seem like a very blanket statement.

Although, I was at the Mac show at the London O2 when Christine returned and, truthfully, it does make a difference with her on the stage. It did make the rest of the show seem somewhat "Fleetwood Mac-lite" without her there.

Old 10-09-2014, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John love him...looks like an old jailbird in that hat.
Lindsey looks so awkward when he's interviewed- come on man, spit it out for goodness sake!!!
Old 10-09-2014, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Yes, I feel the same way too. I also feel, as a fan who went and saw the Mac on both the 2009 and 2013 tour, these comments seem to de-value the legitimacy of those tours. The Say You Will album, whether you enjoy it or not, was a bold statement and really did keep the band going. Lindsey was truly the driving force for Fleetwood Mac throughout the last 16 years and had he not been interested in keeping the band going, Fleetwood Mac would have ended long ago. Yes, Stevie is the one with the star power to bring the people to arenas, but it really took Lindsey's persistence and leadership to allow the band to flourish. I'm sure Stevie isn't trying to devalue Lindsey's work, but it did seem like a very blanket statement.

Although, I was at the Mac show at the London O2 when Christine returned and, truthfully, it does make a difference with her on the stage. It did make the rest of the show seem somewhat "Fleetwood Mac-lite" without her there.
If you saw the interview yesterday with the band Stevie an Mick said the same thing but Stevie also said that when Christine left they had to make Fleetwood Mac relevant and said "and we did". So I don't think Stevie or anybody in the band is trying to devalue Lindsey's work its just a comment of how easy Cristine made the transition from 16 years of not playing anything to singing, playing like she never left.
And all those races that are run
They cause patterns"

Last edited by saradorna; 10-10-2014 at 01:45 PM..
Old 10-09-2014, 03:07 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by saradorna View Post
If you saw the interview yesterday with the band Stevie an Mick said the same thing but Stevie also said that when Cristine left they had to make Fleetwood Mac relevant and said "and we did". So I don't think Stevie or anybody in the band is trying to devalue Lindsey's work its just a comment of how easy Cristine made the transition from 16 years of not playing anything to singing, playing like she never left.
Yes, you are right. I forgot about that interview from yesterday. And when we were getting word that Christine was coming back, Stevie did mention time and again how it was a lot of work trying to make the band relevant without her as well.

Christine also has appeared to be very much aware that the band was a success over the last 16 years. Her thanking of the band to allow her back in to "do this all over again" seems to be a very direct way of saying that the four other members worked very hard to keep the band going.

Old 10-09-2014, 03:59 PM
MiniLindsey
This message has been deleted by MiniLindsey.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The performances were a little ropey, but anyone with a brain knows that even a band as tight as Fleetwood Mac will have off days. I'm glad Christine and Stevie performed Little Lies and Gypsy instead of Dreams, Rhiannon and Don't Stop.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Heres the interview.

Heres the download link of the interview.

http://www.adrive.com/public/hE677f/...2010092014.avi
Youtube flagged and worldwide blocked todays FM interview so here it is again on Dailymotion.Eff Youtube so ignore the Youtube upload but the Adrive link should be OK.

Fleewood Mac on today interview 10092014 by wppcproductions

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016

Last edited by Macfanforever; 10-09-2014 at 04:46 PM..
Old 10-09-2014, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just went into iTunes tonight - you can tell things are going well today for FM!

All Albums
24 Karat is at #17
FM - Greatest Hits #20
Rumours #59

Rock Music - Top Albums
24 Karat - #2
FM Greatest Hits #3
Rumors #7
FM White Album #72
Crystal Visions #128
Tusk #162
Bella Donna #189

Rock Music Top Songs
Landslide #5
GYOW #6
The Chain #9
Gypsy #10
Dreams #14
Little Lies #17
Rhiannon #29
Don't Stop #42
EO17 #92
Rhiannon (white album) #110
Sara #116
Everywhere #121
You Make Loving Fun #129
Leather and Lace #131
Gold Dust Woman #139
Say You Love Me #151
Dreams #179

All I can say about today is - they're makin bank.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick cracks me up.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
I felt so awkward when the interviewer was like "Lindsey, as Stevie said, it's as if those 16 years didn't exist..." I mean it is sort of insulting to the Say You Will album Seriously though it makes me feel bad, sure FM only made one record, one EP and went out on a couple of "hits" tours, but I get the feeling that LB feels he at least tried to keep things going and that kind of comment probably undermines that a bit
I agree and I think they all worked hard at keeping the Fleetwood Mac machine going. I'm sure it wasn't easy. And as I'm thrilled as I am that Chris is back, their tour last tour I though was pretty amazing and one my favorites.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
I actually thought she sounded LESS off key than in the clips I've seen.

She definitely can't hit the high notes, but I thought on the Today performance it sounded like she'd adjusted her singing to better fit her current voice… it wasn't every note spot on, but neither was Stevie
I agree entirely. I think people are simply not used to hearing a voice like Christine's live. She has a low, soft voice with no vibrato, which means pitch issues are more evident. But she sounded pretty good. I didn't think there were problems here with any of it.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so glad they did Gypsy. I thought it was rejuvenated last tour and I love how they're doing it this tour. I also think they sounded great live so I don't put too much stock in this early morning appearance. Little Lies sounds awesome in concert. Seven Wonders too.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

I just watched it tonight. Recorded for two hours on the DVR, but it only took a half hour to watch. I hate, hate, hate that they cut it off @ the end! Anyway, I just wonder what the people on Facebook were hearing. OK the first song, Little Lies, sounded a little rough @ the very beginning, a little off key. It may have been nerves, it may have been the cold , but other than that, they sounded good. They rocked GYOW, yaaaayyyy Lindsey, & they rocked The Chain (which was cut off). And say what you will about Gypsy, I like it. So looking forward to seeing them @ the 2nd Philly show.

Lee
Old 10-09-2014, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just read the comments. Fundamentally negative ("They sounded awful" being the most repeated sentiment). But not surprising: most of the people who saw them at that Mini-show probably don't know much about the history of this band live, either. There are some pretty sloppy Tusk-tour performances, too. The thing is, this is a real band with real people who are, like all people, human and fallable. I didn't think the performances were bad. Just not their best. And not uber-polished as many people irrationally expect them to be.

I can't wait to see them in Pittsburgh.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
Interesting as I noticed that, too, and then it seemed familiar and I had to go back to old photos. It isn't new but I wonder if he conceals it at times as today it looked so unfamiliar.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=17877
Ha! It's been around. I must not look at his hands enough. Michele
Old 10-09-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't seen a whole lot of artists perform on the Today show, but the ones I have did not sound phenomenal either, despite actually being great singers and musicians. Always just chalked it up to being a poor place for sound and such. I don't see why so many people are fussing... Oh wait, it's the internet