Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
True. Many here have very specific positions that have remained constant for years and I think, in many instances, you can determine what they are mean without emoticons.

Michele
And then of course sometimes if you don't put them out there, someone doesn't get the tone. Sometimes safer than sorry..
Old 07-14-2013, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I apologize for my last post here, some things really trip my landmines. I need to work on that.

Lindsey is a great guitarist, I always want to hear more of it.
Old 07-15-2013, 11:36 AM
Ledgie

I don't often post here, but I thought Mick's interview was worth commenting on... When he says "writing songs for Stevie and Christine" he is clearly referring to the recording/production process. Even though Stevie and Christine are credited as the writers, the songs as heard are obviously completed by Buckingham. This is a guy whose influence can be heard all over pop radio almost every time you turn it on... How guitars are placed within a pop song, how different tunings and textures of an acoustic can influence a listener, rarely using the same tone on a electric guitar (i think Keith Urban may have mentioned this in an interview years ago), and even how he he has properly used technology to enhance recording, and on and on

Their are very few living legends and you can see that he is one. I think its important for people to sometimes set aside all the drama of Stevie and Lindsey and focus on what this guy has done for music. It will be studied by musicians, producers and engineers for many years.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarchick82 View Post
Now, the man is speaking to a room full of twenty-somethings--was he talking about Stevie in that way with the intention of making money? I doubt it.
He also knows there are likely people recording/reporting what he says in the room also. As they say, this ain't his first rodeo. He knows anything he says in any remotely public (and even in private) circumstance will be reported somewhere.

Also, he's in the middle of a tour. He's doing interviews daily. He's got his interview routine/shtick/shpiel whatever you want to call it, down to a science.

Bottom line, I don't think anyone REALLY knows wtf the Lindsey/Stevie relationship is and I'm not sure we ever will. What's that lyric he wrote about 'maybe when we're in the ground the truth will finally be told" (not intended to be verbatim, but tht's the gist of it). I'm not sure even THEN the real story will be told.

I think the real story is grittier, harsher, nastier and more effed up than any of us would imagine. I think a lot of what's in the songs is the NICER bits, believe it or not. YMMV