The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Pick 3 songs as your favorite performances on this tour...so far.
Sara 12 38.71%
Sad Angel 14 45.16%
Sisters of the Moon 14 45.16%
Without You 9 29.03%
Gold Dust Woman 18 58.06%
I'm So Afraid 10 32.26%
Tusk 2 6.45%
Silver Springs 5 16.13%
Say Goodbye 6 19.35%
Other...reply back your choice(s) 3 9.68%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-25-2013, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Favorite 2013 Live Performances...Volume 2

I'm running this poll again to see how we feel now about the tour and what are favorites are now and if they've changed.

Here's the link to the thread back in mid April. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51884

Making a few adjustments, here's the new poll. Pick 3 songs as your favorite performances, so far.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh, I only picked one - I should have read first.

I picked Gold Dust Woman because the performance of that song in Atlanta was just about the best I've ever seen.
Old 06-25-2013, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
I'm running this poll again to see how we feel now about the tour and what are favorites are now and if they've changed.

Here's the link to the thread back in mid April. http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=51884

Making a few adjustments, here's the new poll. Pick 3 songs as your favorite performances, so far.
lol. i guess you don't take learning from history very seriously... even if you did provide the link to it. where are Not That Funny and Eyes?

i think Not That Funny is my favorite right now. i would also pick Eyes for sure, and other contenders would be Sad Angel, Sisters, and Stand Back (because of Lindsey going crazy on it! guitar beating on Rhiannon is not bad either... and that guitar solo on Gypsy!). GYOW. WT. Don't Stop. SIlver Springs. ISA. Without You intro (that HAS to count as a song - considering 3 other songs can fit in that time slot. plus that's one thing that changes from night to night!! because as Mick said, they are not Grateful Dead... they are not into changing setlists, even just having several extra songs rehearsed they can swap from show to show ). i loved GDW at first, but now with it becoming upwards of 12-15 mins with that looooong loooong ending it's starting to get on my nerves (and Stevie even crosses over on my side so i can't blissfully ignore her!! the nerve in that woman! ).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I picked several & "other" which is the WY introduction!
Old 06-25-2013, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
lol. i guess you don't take learning from history very seriously... even if you did provide the link to it. where are Not That Funny and Eyes?
Yeah, I removed The Chain/GYOW and replaced them with Sara and Tusk, as they got the most positive "other" votes in the first thread. Eyes and NTF didn't get as many.

In a few months, I'll remove two songs and put in the ones that get the most "other" replies.
Old 06-25-2013, 09:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Everyone knew I'm So Afraid would be great. Lindsey doesn't disappoint. But boy is Stevie totally rocking Gold Dust Woman! I know we said a few months ago that it is one of the songs the band is still performing as well as ever (along with The Chain, Big Love, etc.), but is it possible Stevie has even surpassed that expectation?? She has been going for notes on that song and just getting in a trance throughout the 9-minute performance; it's fantastic, with the drawn out ending. I only wish some of the other songs (ahem Sisters of the Moon ahem) were evolving over the course of the tour, and that Stevie might go for a few high notes on one of the other songs too (Gypsy).

Now that we know Mick said one of the London shows will be taped. I'm hoping Stevie brings that same fire to Gold Dust Woman to be captured for posterity.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I only wish some of the other songs (ahem Sisters of the Moon ahem) were evolving over the course of the tour, and that Stevie might go for a few high notes on one of the other songs too (Gypsy).
i'm happy for you all that you seem so enthralled by GWD but am sad for the rest of us (including Mick and Lindsey who both seem very bored during that long finale and can't wait for it to finally end so they can start on ISA) who don't see whatever you all see and hear. and remember, Stevie apparently did that ending especially for me in JB.

i've been to enough shows that i have seen both GDW evolving into that long long boring ending, and also SOTM visibly evolving into a more passionate song from all players involved. statement that SOTM has not been evolving is incorrect.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 06-28-2013, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought the GDW performance from Atlanta was great, longer ending and all since Stevie was so in the zone, but I do agree with you. When I was at my concert at Madison Square Garden, I'll admit, I was intrigued that Stevie went with a longer version...but that feeling didn't last and I just wanted the song to end.

Sisters I just still want more from. I wanted them to rock it. I still feel disappointed when I see it and the abrupt ending is still the same, especially since Stevie's vocals have been consistently strong, it's the arrangement that's killing me.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i'm happy for you all that you seem so enthralled by GWD but am sad for the rest of us (including Mick and Lindsey who both seem very bored during that long finale and can't wait for it to finally end so they can start on ISA) who don't see whatever you all see and hear. and remember, Stevie apparently did that ending especially for me in JB.

i've been to enough shows that i have seen both GDW evolving into that long long boring ending, and also SOTM visibly evolving into a more passionate song from all players involved. statement that SOTM has not been evolving is incorrect.
Totally disagree. Since it is Lindsey's favorite Stevie song, I bet he digs it. Plus, I think the glorified ending is the best of both worlds - the musicians get to noodle around and go freestyle & Stevie gets to do her dramatic thing. It's awesomeness from every angle. Love it. Anyone who finds it boring does not get the art of it. It is sheer genius.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gold Dust Woman is doing real good in this poll, compared to in April.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Totally disagree. Since it is Lindsey's favorite Stevie song, I bet he digs it. Plus, I think the glorified ending is the best of both worlds - the musicians get to noodle around and go freestyle & Stevie gets to do her dramatic thing. It's awesomeness from every angle. Love it. Anyone who finds it boring does not get the art of it. It is sheer genius.
judgmental much?

you can disagree all you want, you should watch LB at the end of that song. both him and Mick. i saw them twice in the last 10 days, and i can tell you the obvious boredom they display now was not there during the first few shows when that ending didn't take forever. Lindsey doesn't jam or play, he goes off to the side, changes the guitar for the next song, and waits in the dark for GDW to end so he can start ISA. he was noodling around and going freestyle all over GDW on 2009 tour... and bunch of people were complaining he's showing off. now when he doesn't even play at the end, some apparently think that the song became this great jam.

i though Lindsey's favorite Stevie song was Gypsy? just shows you how little i know!

btw, GDW is my favorite Stevie song. doesn't mean i don't hate that extended ending (just if anybody was still wondering ).

Old 06-28-2013, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I find that extended ending boring. It may be art but art is subjective. I don't enjoy Stevie's overly dramtic art. I'd rather see another short Tusk song added, The Ledge for example. And for the record, GDW is one of the Stevie songs I do like, but the ending gets too long, overly dramatic, and boring.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Totally disagree. Since it is Lindsey's favorite Stevie song, I bet he digs it.
GDW is always great live and it's one of the few Rumours song where this is true. I doubt Lindsey is as bored with it as he is with Rhiannon and if he is bored, no one cares. I had to get defibrillated during Time Precious Time once and I'm amazed he can play it continously without passing out cold.

I'm sure Stevie was bored during ISA, which is why I always liked to have Christine on the song with him and let Stevie go backstage and do her thing.

Christine, you have my permission to sing on ISA in London, if you like. Pay no attention to Lindsey. If you just sit there and sing, there's nothing he can do to stop you.

Michele
Old 06-28-2013, 10:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

you can disagree all you want, you should watch LB at the end of that song. both him and Mick. i saw them twice in the last 10 days, and i can tell you the obvious boredom they display now was not there during the first few shows when that ending didn't take forever. Lindsey doesn't jam or play, he goes off to the side, changes the guitar for the next song, and waits in the dark for GDW to end so he can start ISA. he was noodling around and going freestyle all over GDW on 2009 tour... and bunch of people were complaining he's showing off. now when he doesn't even play at the end, some apparently think that the song became this great jam.

i though Lindsey's favorite Stevie song was Gypsy? just shows you how little i know!

btw, GDW is my favorite Stevie song. doesn't mean i don't hate that extended ending (just if anybody was still wondering ).
Hmmmm... I have watched them. I enjoy watching them all, because I am a fan of Fleetwood Mac and Buckingham Nicks... just because you're bored doesn't mean Mick & Lindsey are. LOL.

Gypsy is the song Lindsey called their best production together. He said GDW is his favorite song by Stevie in the new Rumours liner notes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
GDW is always great live and it's one of the few Rumours song where this is true. I doubt Lindsey is as bored with it as he is with Rhiannon and if he is bored, no one cares. I had to get defibrillated during Time Precious Time once and I'm amazed he can play it continously without passing out cold.

I'm sure Stevie was bored during ISA, which is why I always liked to have Christine on the song with him and let Stevie go backstage and do her thing.

Michele
Oh, no! Love Stevie's harmonies on ISA. Icing.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hmmmm... I have watched them. I enjoy watching them all, because I am a fan of Fleetwood Mac and Buckingham Nicks... just because you're bored doesn't mean Mick & Lindsey are. LOL.
lol. of course not! i'm bored to death on Sara and Lindsey's not.

when did you see them last? because that's relatively new behavior, and you can't see it in vids because besides just a few of us nobody else records Lindsey or Mick during Stevie songs. everyone just records Stevie during GYOW .

look even i recorded her at the end here. i figured she won that right since she came right in front of me and tried to get some attention - and i knew he just changes the guitar and stands there in the dark so would be hard to capture. but if you watch from 5:30 on you can see him going to change the guitar.... so he's definitely not doing any extended jams - and then as the light flashes around 6 mins and through the end you can see him just standing in front of the amp waiting:

Last edited by elle; 06-28-2013 at 10:50 PM.. Reason: grammar