User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-04-2002, 07:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Question Mick: Bravo Profile "vs" 2SAAD DVD

As the "Bravo Profile" listed "2 Sticks and a drum" at the beginning (when it eventually ACTUALLY started after all of the Bravo fireworks hype etc.), am I right in guessing that Bravo did in fact just use an edited version of the 2SAAD DVD?

If so, I'm still waiting for my 2SAAD DVD to come in the mail so I was wondering to those of you that have the 2SAAD DVD, what was edited out? There seemed to be parts that were glossed over (as I figured) but I couldn't tell if they maybe did cover them on the DVD but edited them out to fit it in to their time slot. They must have cut out a fair chunk of it though, as after you cut out commercials, the BP comes out to about 45-50 minutes and I read somewhere that the running time for the 2SAAD DVD is about 85 minutes, so that's nearly HALF of the program! Any comments on the "edited out" footage would be great. Thanks!

John
Old 11-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John,
Yes, the Bravo Profile was the same as The Two Sticks & A Drum documentary. The running time of the DVD is 59 minutes. So, there is about 10-15 minutes of the documentary that Bravo edited out for commercials. I'm not exactly sure which footage they deleted. I didn't watch all of it last night, but taped it and haven't had a chance to watch the whole thing yet. But, the only way you are going to get the entire documentary is by getting the commercial DVD or video.
Old 11-04-2002, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Thanks Macfan57

Thanks Macfan57, I figured it was the same, I taped it too just in case...it's good to know now though that I don't have to hang on to the copy I just made of it last night though since I've got the DVD on order, it should be arriving any day now. So it's only 59 minutes huh? Oh well, I must've gotten the wrong information on that then. Well, if anyone knows what WAS the 15 or so minutes that got cut out then do explain about it here, I'd be interested to know what part of Mick's story Bravo felt as though was expendable! Thanks!

John
Old 11-04-2002, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

John,

I watched the show last night...there seemed to be odd edits between talking about the band at Benifols and Mick talking about Bob Welch (there was absolutely NO mention of Jeremy Spencer or his "disappearance")...the Bob Weston/Jenny Fleetwood affair was SURPRISINGLY discussed...then after talking about "The Visitor", it jumped to 1990 and his quitting his "meds" (coke, alcohol, etc)...no mention of any post-Tusk albums...then boom it ended. So, I'm assuming that's where the omitted sections are.
Old 11-04-2002, 02:54 PM
thewhitewingedd
This message has been deleted by thewhitewingedd.
Old 11-04-2002, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default i loved the new footage of stevie etc

I thought some of those clips of the band were great, many of them i had never even seen. The one clip of stevie in that yellow dress and shes like doing her mystical dance thing for the camera...that cracked me up completely!

Alex
Old 11-04-2002, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bravo Profile vs. DVD

OK, I had a chance to look at the Bravo Profile that I taped and to compare it to my DVD. There are 15 minutes of footage from the DVD that Bravo deleted. There is some very early footage of Mick reading his father's poetry & of Mick and his sister walking and talking about when Mick first lived with her in London. This is in the DVD footage, but not the Bravo show. Jeremy Spencer's disappearance is talked about in the DVD footage. The DVD has nothing about any post Tusk albums-they aren't even mentioned. Basically, the last 10-12 minutes or so of the DVD is spent talking about Mick's drug & alcohol addictions. There are also very little snippets here and there throughout the DVD that Bravo deleted. However, the Peter Green footage from the DVD is fairly intact in the Bravo show. And, Stevie and Lindsey don't even appear in the DVD until about the 35 minute mark.
Old 11-05-2002, 04:55 AM
Senior Ledgie

I don't think they edited it here in Sweden either...they showed it on a non-commercial channel and I do think it was the whole of it...I'll have to go back and watch it again to be sure.

~Emma~
"I am not what you'd call an envelope-pusher," Nicks says. "Lindsey is there to make sure our band isn't too safe. I'm there to make sure it isn't too nuts. It's all about that balance between us." ~NY Daily News
Old 11-05-2002, 07:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Macfan57 - Thanks so much! THAT'S the kind of thing I was wondering. VERY detailed descriptions, I like that!

Emmeline - Thanks for the offer to go through your version but It's OK, Macfan57 answered my question and it was the Bravo "version" I was thinking of when figuring what was cut out of it. I don't doubt that they showed the full thing over there though, that's something I think the European stations are very good about (from what I understand) is that if they are going to show a documentary, they do it big time and show the whole thing rather than cut things out to fit in to time slots etc. Anyways, thanks for the offer but I don't want to make you do that when you don't need to now that's all. I really appreciate the offer though.

John
Old 11-06-2002, 10:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Speaking of Mick, is you all following the latest posts from the "Fleetwood Files" on Mick's Web site?

Mr Fleetwood says that the band is still mixing the new studio album. Plus, he lists his band personnel for his Mojo project (which plays Castaic Park this weekend):

Todd Wood - vocals, guitar
Ron Thompson - vocals, guitar
Lauren Evans - vocals
Oleg Schramn - keyboards
Chris Golden - bass
Oliver Brown - percussion

For this weekend's show, Mick says that Sheila E. will join the ranks. Remember her brother? He played with Stevie Nicks on a couple of tours.