User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-08-2017, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Po wittle Windsey...big bad Stevie said something unflattering. We get it. You guys dont like Stevie Nicks.
WHY do you take it so personally that some people don't like Stevie?

You keep saying how much you don't like it, and that you're leaving and never coming back. Yet...

I'm seriously curious.
Old 09-08-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
Po wittle Windsey...big bad Stevie said something unflattering. We get it. You guys dont like Stevie Nicks.
who's "you guys"? Anyone who doesn't constantly gush about her? I'm a huge fan of hers, but I don't wrap my life up in what other people think about her.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

You keep saying how much you don't like it, and that you're leaving and never coming back. Yet...

I'm seriously curious.
I am not John but for me what I hate is *how* people talk about her, not that they do not like her. Many of you try to see just how much of an asshole you can be, who can be King or Queen Jerk. A lot of you think it is cute to one up the next one. The fact that a moderator participates in the same way does not help. It is only cute to a few.

As for John not leaving, I wrestle with the same thing. But then I think WHY should WE have to leave? We love the music --- all 5. I personally do not care for how Lindsey acts but I do not think I have ever posted anything as vile about him as people have about Stevie (I am talking me, not other fans). I don't do it because I am a naive "snowflake" as conservative bullies like to say, I don't do it because it is worthless. Tearing someone like Stevie down obviously makes a core group feel better, but in the end, it just brings negativity to this board.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:15 AM

Quote:

I'm seriously curious.
Not sure about JohnL, but some people actually attach their ego to a celebrity. So when you speak your opinion of that said celeb, you're also speaking to their ego (or lack thereof) , too. I imagine this happens a lot with Stevie fans that dress up like her or pretend to be her.

It happens a lot. I'd dealt with this somewhat when I was younger. My obsession w/ FMac wasn't appreciated by my metal friends in the 80's. And where are all those hair bands now?? hMMM? lol

I actually love Stevie's Tango work. It's different and knowing what I know now about what she was going through, I applaud the production choices Lindsey made on her work. I can hear the pain. That's a wonderful thing for me.

It's her current work that's so bland and boring to me. Doing old demos from a time when she was in better voice and had a lot of pain. Those songs had meant something to me. Her current versions just don't cut it, IMO. I would much rather she do another album. No Dave Stewart, however. Maybe, work w/ LB again or Ken. If you want to have a specific sound, find a good producer that knows your strengths.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 09-09-2017 at 09:27 AM..
Old 09-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Not sure about JohnL, but some people actually attach their ego to a celebrity. So when you speak your opinion of that said celeb, you're also speaking to their ego (or lack thereof) , too. I imagine this happens a lot with Stevie fans that dress up like her or pretend to be her.

It happens a lot. I'd dealt with this somewhat when I was younger. My obsession w/ FMac wasn't appreciated by my metal friends in the 80's. And where are all those hair bands now?? hMMM? lol

I actually love Stevie's Tango work. It's different and knowing what I know now about what she was going through, I applaud the production choices Lindsey made on her work. I can hear the pain. That's a wonderful thing for me.

It's her current work that's so bland and boring to me. Doing old demos that she wrote when she was in better voice and a lot of pain. Those songs meant something to me back then. Her current versions ruin them IMO. I would much rather she do another album. No Dave Stewart, however. Maybe, work w/ LB again or Ken. If you want to have a specific sound, find a good producer that knows your strengths.
But the world is never going to agree with you, so(to me anyway) it's a pointless waste of energy, getting all up in arms over something you can't control. I mean, who cares what they think?

When I started college, I quickly realized how dorky I sounded, being a huge FM fan. So I actually walked away from them for a few years, pretending to like cool bands. lol

Well, I think everything she does now is just going through the motions. She's a rich star, with a matching ego. And she believes all her "yes men". She's become the Muhammad Ali of the bovidae family.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Tiptoeing back on-topic...

I can't hear anywhere on WISYA where Lindsey is pretending to be Stevie, so I agree that the Wikipedia entry writer is conflating different sources and drawing the wrong conclusion. But there are clearly other places where he has treated his voice to achieve a Stevie-like effect. Obviously the Big Love 'love grunts', but also the descending 'am what I am' middle section of Family Man, which sounds very Stevie-like at the start but reveals itself to be Lindsey as it heads down the register.

I've also never been really sure about that vocal collage part in the fade-out of Everywhere, which could be constructed from fragments sung by Stevie, but could equally be made from Lindsey or even Christine.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Although not on Tango, am I the only one who ~hears~ Stevie on Too Far Gone? At the end, between the choruses repeating...there's some noise that sounds just like Stevie saying "yeah eh eh eh". I've pointed it out in the car, and people think I'm crazy, because they don't hear it.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Although not on Tango, am I the only one who ~hears~ Stevie on Too Far Gone? At the end, between the choruses repeating...there's some noise that sounds just like Stevie saying "yeah eh eh eh". I've pointed it out in the car, and people think I'm crazy, because they don't hear it.
It sounds just like her!! I thought that was a little nod to her.
And the IMW grunts, too. I can hear her on Lay Down For Free, too.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
LMAO
I hear her too. Its crazy but you are not alone.
Maybe its Lindsey disguising his voice as Stevie again
Old 09-09-2017, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
LMAO
Maybe he dresses up like her when Kristen and the kids are gone, twirling around the house.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have two possible theories for the phantom Stevie voice in a couple of places on the BuckVie album.

1. Lindsey deliberately altered vocals sung by himself or by Christine to sound "like Stevie." Why would he do such a thing? Maybe as a tribute to Stevie, maybe because he thought it sounded good, or more likely, just because he can.

or

2. We fans are so used to hearing the three voices together, our subconscious minds fill in the missing "Stevie vocal." I personally don't hear Stevie anywhere on the album, so my question to those of you who DO hear her is: do you think you hear Christine singing anywhere on 'Say You Will'?
Old 09-09-2017, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post

do you think you hear Christine singing anywhere on 'Say You Will'?
Wasn't she singing on two songs on SYW? It's been so long since that turd came out, that I forget which songs now...
Old 09-09-2017, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I have two possible theories for the phantom Stevie voice in a couple of places on the BuckVie album.

1. Lindsey deliberately altered vocals sung by himself or by Christine to sound "like Stevie." Why would he do such a thing? Maybe as a tribute to Stevie, maybe because he thought it sounded good, or more likely, just because he can.

or

2. We fans are so used to hearing the three voices together, our subconscious minds fill in the missing "Stevie vocal." I personally don't hear Stevie anywhere on the album, so my question to those of you who DO hear her is: do you think you hear Christine singing anywhere on 'Say You Will'?

I think all of your points are good. I seriously doubt it would be a tribute though....not these days! But I agree it's him tweaking his own vocals.

I would add to #1 though that maybe Lindsey did it because as much as he may dislike Stevie personally, professionally her voice will always be in his head... what I mean is, she really was his first singing partner, and in all those early years her voice was soooo amazing, and she could harmonize like nobody else and they were a duo, that the sound of her harmony is just ingrained in his brain of how things should sound.

It could also be that having Stevie on a song makes it more commercial-- the more one of his or BV's songs sound like "FM" meaning all 3 of their voices, the more he may think it's likely to get more play. He knows how the business works...
Old 09-09-2017, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wasn't she singing on two songs on SYW? It's been so long since that turd came out, that I forget which songs now...
shame on you! it was Bleed To Love Her and Steal Your Heart Away.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 09-09-2017, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
the sound of her harmony is just ingrained in his brain of how things should sound. .
the sound of her voice will haunt him

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"