User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
And you clearly did not read my post. You allege the tour is not successful in your constant statements. Its all rubbish. Then you try to walk back your words over and over. If an artist sells out MSG for 2 shows, does it really matter if it took 6 months? IMHO not really. Is this the hottest tour of all time? Of course not. But you want to wiggle out of your baseless allegations somehow the tour is not successful with lame statements. Yes, your exact words are not the tour is not successful. However, you make many statements with the allegation that claims the tour is not successful. Also false that Stevie cant fill an arena. I was a disbeliever too and went on the record here when the 24K Gold tour started. However, the tour was her most successful with being extended 3 times. Maybe you have had too much Argentine Malbec
Then, if your opinion is "humble", don't dismiss what I say as "rubbish".

At least you understood I never said the tour is not successful. Of course it is. That's why they chose Stevie. Did I say that already, right?

Don't worry, your beloved tour is successful. If that makes you happy, then it's successful. And that 96% of Stevie's fans (including you) will make her very happy when you all fill many, many arenas on her next tour. Alone.

I don't follow Stevie's statistics. I'm not her fan.

I'm gonna ignore the last comment since I don't see the connection between what I drink and where I am from with what I think about this tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-15-2019, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I've never heard of Billie Eilish in my life lol so I wouldn't say that. But based off a quick Google search, she's 17 first of all. Also lol at the idea of downplaying Stevie's talent. Stevie's batty but she doesn't lack talent. You don't need to be a professional musician to be talented. She wrote songs like nobody's business.
exactly! more accurately, just turned 17 and had her first hits and a huge buzz at 16.

what exactly was Stevie Nicks doing at 16? not even joining Lindsey yet to sign at HS event? so why call Billie hugely talented, way more than Stevie, laughable?

Stevie who was a commercial star of her era, was not exactly "cool" at the time - the way she became to be viewed now. Billie started as and is already "cool" now with teenagers. she's not your built up commercial pop star of the day. of course question is what will be next for her, after becoming so huge while still so young.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-15-2019, 10:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly! more accurately, just turned 17 and had her first hits and a huge buzz at 16.

what exactly was Stevie Nicks doing at 16? not even joining Lindsey yet to sign at HS event? so why call Billie hugely talented, way more than Stevie, laughable?

Stevie who was a commercial star of her era, was not exactly "cool" at the time - the way she became to be viewed now. Billie started as and is already "cool" now with teenagers. she's not your built up commercial pop star of the day. of course question is what will be next for her, after becoming so huge while still so young.
Stevie was in high school at 16, like most people lol. Doesn’t make her any less talented than anyone because she was in school at the age she should’ve been in school. Britney Spears who never wrote a single one of her famous songs and whose voice was autotuned to the heavens was hugely famous at 16. Does that make her more talented than Stevie?
I’m in my early 20s myself and I’ve never heard of this Billie person by name so I guarantee you she’s not huge lmao. She’s another one of those indie/alternative white girl singers that everyone thinks are “cool” but the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable and so very few of them turn into a big thing. Stevie was popular because in addition to her talent, she was something unique. Her lyrics, her style in music, her whole aesthetic and the way she presented herself was something that stood out to people because it was different.
You can hate Stevie all you want and think she’s some evil devil who conspired to ruin Lindsey’s life, I’m not even crazy about her as a person anymore myself. But literally you can’t deny her talent and uniqueness and how she made herself into a success. It’s even more impressive considering that at the time, she wasn’t taken seriously. She got all the same, sexist criticism that any pretty girly female who dares to be feminine in music today gets (see: Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande etc) but became an icon anyways.
Old 02-15-2019, 10:28 PM
GoldDustWoman22
This message has been deleted by GoldDustWoman22.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I’m in my early 20s myself and I’ve never heard of this Billie person by name so I guarantee you she’s not huge lmao.
hm. interesting that you haven't. i'm not sure what you listen to. any alt music station, even mainstream radio plays her tons these days.

just googled her and first hit that came up is Grohl talking about seeing her at Wiltern recently - apparently he disagrees with your point that "the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable" lol. i'm not gonna take yours vs Grohl's side except to say that teenagers i know are reacting the same as his daughters.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-...irvana-2447502

i never said Nicks was not talented. and she definitely found and made her unique style / persona and is great in marketing herself. she had a combo that worked out, especially having a band to fall back on when she was down. and then few years ago, she and her pr people found a great avenue to rebrand and resell her as an icon through AHS. it's definitely been extremely smart marketing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 02-16-2019 at 12:29 AM..
Old 02-16-2019, 12:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
hm. interesting that you haven't. i'm not sure what you listen to. any alt music station, even mainstream radio plays her tons these days.

just googled her and first hit that came up is Grohl talking about seeing her at Wiltern recently - apparently he disagrees with your point that "the issue is that there’s about 500 of them and they’re all practically interchangeable" lol. i'm not gonna take yours vs Grohl's side except to say that teenagers i know are reacting the same as his daughters.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/dave-...irvana-2447502

i never said Nicks was not talented. and she definitely found and made her unique style / persona and is great in marketing herself. she had a combo that worked out, especially having a band to fall back on when she was down. and then few years ago, she and her pr people found a great avenue to rebrand and resell her as an icon through AHS. it's definitely been extremely smart marketing.
I don't listen to the radio honestly I don't think people really do these days, everyone just streams. The most popular music is usually all over the streaming platforms anyways and then you can also just listen to whatever you want. And well whatever Dave Grohl and his daughters think isn't really the point lol, my point is that a random indie/alternative girl who clearly isn't big enough for a whole bunch of people to even know by name is sort of a random comparison to make with Stevie Nicks, pop-rock fairy princess witch extraordinare lol. And Stevie basically became an icon after The Dance, AHS got her a bunch of new teenage girl fans but she was already an icon.
And I guarantee you, there is no shortage of those weird indie/alternative hipster pop girls. Take for example the (imo) best one and most successful, Lorde. Or Maggie Rogers. Or King Princess. Or Banks. Or Grimes. There's so many that do that ~weird pop thing it's starting to get repetitive and lose the whole weirdness of it.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
there is no shortage of those weird indie/alternative hipster pop girls. Take for example the (imo) best one and most successful, Lorde.
i'm really not sure why are you insisting on putting these girls down.

Old 02-16-2019, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Kacey Musgraves album Golden Hour just won the Grammy for best album of the year and she is a country artist and she said one if the influences for Golden Hour was Fleetwood Mac.
Old 02-16-2019, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In response to the title :

To me, nothing. She's shown her true colours now, and if that's who she is-- I have always tried my best to avoid such people in my life. Respect lost over sad social choices is near impossible to earn back.

But it was the last straw really, I'd lost some gradually over the past 20 years already, so, I am not the best measure here perhaps.
Also, there are so many wonderful people in the world AS well as wonderful artists, leisure and music life's chock-full plenty without her.

Old 02-16-2019, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to feel now that a final reconfiguration of the Rumours 5 is now next-to-impossible, and without a final album from that line-up it might not be something that I would want to even see.

I've never actually been much of a fan of her solo output, but as a crucial part of the Mac and due to her stage presence, I've admired her greatly for that

However, I can re-appraise my current view of her as a person if she does actually participate in an album from Fleetwood Mac XIV before nature takes its course. If Lindsey was impossible to work with in the studio and really did ruin the crystal visions of her songs then now is the chance to have a bit more responsibility with a talented group of people to produce a last piece of work under the FM name. Just don't produce something like "Freedom" again, the last time Mike co-wrote an FM track.

Neil and Chris could work well together in the studio. Let that happen, Stevie, pop in some old demos to Mr Finn, Campbell's guitar licks will add the requisite mood of mystery, and Mick and John will be chugging away in the background.

It's not the way I would want this band to end but after all the sackings, disappearances, arguments and general weirdness perhaps it would be apt.
Old 02-16-2019, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol I’m not putting anyone down. I don’t even care. And I loveeee Lorde. The thing with all those girls is that they’re like the female version of the white Ed Sheeran guitar guy (see Shawn Mendes, James Bay, Harry wannabe Jagger Styles). So many of them now it’s unoriginal and loses all its interest. Like ok here’s another one, add to the ever growing list. And again, not sure how that forms a remote comparison to Stevie of all people lol.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Of all of the many people i’ve gotten to know on the road following SN/FM around, I cannot think of a single one who is “over it” or leaving due to LB’s dismissal. You guys are in a small, negative little anti-SN fish bowl on this website. But in the real world, Stevie people are fine. We love her just as much. We’re all still friends, still excited for the tour, still making the same plans to meet up for drinks and have fun at the shows together. I cannot think of a single person who used to be around and isn’t now. We’re having a blast at the concerts. Our FB groups still grow endlessly. We’re all excited about the Hall of Fame induction (my family already got our tickets- can’t wait!). Nothing has really changed for us.

I’m sure there’s LB fans who used to go to the shows and now do not, but there either were never that many or I just didn’t get to know them well. Because I really can’t think of anybody that’s missed. I think you guys see this as a much bigger deal than it is. I doubt Stevie is concerned. Her fans are fine and continue to follow her and have her back.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
Of all of the many people i’ve gotten to know on the road following SN/FM around, I cannot think of a single one who is “over it” or leaving due to LB’s dismissal. You guys are in a small, negative little anti-SN fish bowl on this website. But in the real world, Stevie people are fine. We love her just as much. We’re all still friends, still excited for the tour, still making the same plans to meet up for drinks and have fun at the shows together. I cannot think of a single person who used to be around and isn’t now. We’re having a blast at the concerts. Our FB groups still grow endlessly. We’re all excited about the Hall of Fame induction (my family already got our tickets- can’t wait!). Nothing has really changed for us.

I’m sure there’s LB fans who used to go to the shows and now do not, but there either were never that many or I just didn’t get to know them well. Because I really can’t think of anybody that’s missed. I think you guys see this as a much bigger deal than it is. I doubt Stevie is concerned. Her fans are fine and continue to follow her and have her back.
Funny, because I know many FM former fans that didn't go to any concert since Lindsey was fired. And they used to support Nicks. Not anymore.
I'm sure in your world of SN supporters you all still love her and couldn't care less about what she did, because as long as she's still the "Queen of whatever", everything is fine, right?

If you're a die-hard SN cultist, you clearly never met many Lindsey fans, but we exist.

Oh, I'm sure Stevie is fine. She got what she wanted: she got rid of Lindsey, she brought MC to the band and she still has her cult and her yes people around her that couldn't care less what she does as long as they can continue adoring her.

Have fun at.... what was it again?
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-17-2019, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie should get Lindsey back in the band. I also think Fleetwood Mac should publically acknowledge that it was Lindsey who made them stars and thank him.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Funny, because I know many FM former fans that didn't go to any concert since Lindsey was fired. And they used to support Nicks. Not anymore.
I'm sure in your world of SN supporters you all still love her and couldn't care less about what she did, because as long as she's still the "Queen of whatever", everything is fine, right?

If you're a die-hard SN cultist, you clearly never met many Lindsey fans, but we exist.

Oh, I'm sure Stevie is fine. She got what she wanted: she got rid of Lindsey, she brought MC to the band and she still has her cult and her yes people around her that couldn't care less what she does as long as they can continue adoring her.

Have fun at.... what was it again?
I have definitely met LB fans on the road following FM. Not nearly as many as SN fans, but some. I remember spending an entire night with a lovely group of LB devotees while waiting in line for an FM Today Show appearance overnight in NYC. Some of them had come all the way from Australia that night to see the band, pretty amazing. But like I said, I wouldn’t expect those people I met that night to show up for shows now. They were specifically LB fans, and he isn’t here anymore. But Stevie people who go to see Stevie? They’re all still there. She hasn’t lost them. You could replace everyone else in the band with cardboard cut-outs and Stevie people would still go. As long as Stevie is in this band, her fans will be there. I once heard that comedian Kathleen Madigan say “Stevie Nicks could eat a baby and I would still be a diehard Stevie Nicks fan.” And that sums it up better than I could. I highly doubt Stevie is concerned at all. I’m sure she has not seen any change in the amount of fans who show up and the adoration she receives. I know you guys want this to be a failure of a tour and want her people to turn on her but in reality, her fans aren’t going anywhere and the tour is a relatively big success. I’m not saying she deserves it or that her actions weren’t wrong or that she’s a great person or anything. I don’t claim any of that. But however we want to phrase it, Stevie won this round. She’s doing fine.
Old 02-17-2019, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
I have definitely met LB fans on the road following FM. Not nearly as many as SN fans, but some. I remember spending an entire night with a lovely group of LB devotees while waiting in line for an FM Today Show appearance overnight in NYC. Some of them had come all the way from Australia that night to see the band, pretty amazing. But like I said, I wouldn’t expect those people I met that night to show up for shows now. They were specifically LB fans, and he isn’t here anymore. But Stevie people who go to see Stevie? They’re all still there. She hasn’t lost them. You could replace everyone else in the band with cardboard cut-outs and Stevie people would still go. As long as Stevie is in this band, her fans will be there. I once heard that comedian Kathleen Madigan say “Stevie Nicks could eat a baby and I would still be a diehard Stevie Nicks fan.” And that sums it up better than I could. I highly doubt Stevie is concerned at all. I’m sure she has not seen any change in the amount of fans who show up and the adoration she receives. I know you guys want this to be a failure of a tour and want her people to turn on her but in reality, her fans aren’t going anywhere and the tour is a relatively big success. I’m not saying she deserves it or that her actions weren’t wrong or that she’s a great person or anything. I don’t claim any of that. But however we want to phrase it, Stevie won this round. She’s doing fine.
I think she won the battle, not only this round. Good for her! This is basically what she wanted her whole life: to own the band and dance happily around her house.