The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've been listening a little. They've been playing quite a few Lindsey songs. They're definitely not afraid to play them. They played a little clip of Mick speaking about Lindsey producing Say You Will. They have a whole month to fill, so I would imagine they will play Buckingham McVie, Buckingham Nicks as well, hopefully. I like it so far.

Jamie
Old 05-01-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The way Stevie has been talking lately good lord it's like she has the maturity level of a 16 year old. I'm actually so surprised by it, I don't understand why she's being this way. All it does is make her look petty and immature. It's as if she wants to cleanse her fanbase out so all she has left are the most hardcore, devoted fans who would love her even if she murdered someone. I follow a bunch h of Stevie fans/accounts on social media and so many of them are turned off by it.
You meant the ones that joined 'The children of Stevie'. I think there are a bunch of them here. They're all together in the Post Rumours thread.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, 3 hours in and I'm really liking it. There's been a pretty even distribution of airplay - all eras, all singers/songwriters.
Old 05-01-2018, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
You meant the ones that joined 'The children of Stevie'. I think there are a bunch of them here. They're all together in the Post Rumours thread.
To be fair, I fully believe Stevie is in some type of strange headspace right now. Tom dying I think REALLY affected her and that it had a big role in this. I mean look at who is 'replacing' Lindsey. None other than Mike Campbell-- Tom's best friend/musical partner. I think when you think about that, and (with all sensitivity) consider/compare it to what happened after Robin died, it's fair to say that Stevie doesn't handle grief well and makes erratic choices in the aftermath due to her grief.
I don't think she would have let what's happened now with Lindsey happen had Tom not died and I don't think this 'decision' has really sunk in with her yet. She obviously knows it's happened and knows she had a big part in it, but I don't think she's fully grasped it. And that's why I 100% believe, with all my heart, that down the line, when she's made her peace, she's really going to feel a lot of deep remorse over this.

Like someone else said. No matter how much you bicker, where exactly is the happiness in getting your bandmate of 40 years/musical partner of 50/ex-lover/person who once turned your world and kickstarted everything fired? Sure, now you can go on tour without getting into arguments with that person every other day, but do you actually feel good? There are people in my life with whom I have some issues, and who I don't ANYWHERE near the tremendous history that she has had with Lindsey, but if I ever let something similar to this happen with them I'd feel awfully guilty about it and I think Stevie will feel the same way soon enough.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine has talked a lot about Lindsey bless her heart.
She's like the only one, it's as if Stevie and Mick can't say his name. And John never speaks anyways so.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
To be fair, I fully believe Stevie is in some type of strange headspace right now. Tom dying I think REALLY affected her and that it had a big role in this. I mean look at who is 'replacing' Lindsey. None other than Mike Campbell-- Tom's best friend/musical partner. I think when you think about that, and (with all sensitivity) consider/compare it to what happened after Robin died, it's fair to say that Stevie doesn't handle grief well and makes erratic choices in the aftermath due to her grief.
I don't think she would have let what's happened now with Lindsey happen had Tom not died and I don't think this 'decision' has really sunk in with her yet. She obviously knows it's happened and knows she had a big part in it, but I don't think she's fully grasped it. And that's why I 100% believe, with all my heart, that down the line, when she's made her peace, she's really going to feel a lot of deep remorse over this.

Like someone else said. No matter how much you bicker, where exactly is the happiness in getting your bandmate of 40 years/musical partner of 50/ex-lover/person who once turned your world and kickstarted everything fired? Sure, now you can go on tour without getting into arguments with that person every other day, but do you actually feel good? There are people in my life with whom I have some issues, and who I don't ANYWHERE near the tremendous history that she has had with Lindsey, but if I ever let something similar to this happen with them I'd feel awfully guilty about it and I think Stevie will feel the same way soon enough.
People around her should have prevented her from doing such attrocity if they realized she was on such an emotional rollercoaster because of Tom's death. Yet, they let it happen.

Every time I start thinking about what Stevie did to Lindsey and how he must be feeling, I start crying. And I'm not lying. I imagine myself in Lindsey's position and I'm sure he still can't believe it. But I don't know Stevie and how she's feeling and why she did what she did. I hope at some point she feels guilty but let me have my doubts until the tour starts.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-01-2018, 09:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She's like the only one, it's as if Stevie and Mick can't say his name. And John never speaks anyways so.

Yea why the fu** is neil Finn speaking so much. I get he’s in the band now but it’s been 3 weeks and he’s literally had nothing to do with anything involving this band. Not one real live performance or recording whatsoever. It really isn’t a big deal but I just find it very funny. Mick Stevie and Christine still talk more but neil Finn should not be heard more then John. And if John didn’t want to speak well then Neil should just be using this time to learn guitar parts and not an radio voice overs !

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-01-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
When this station was meant to go live in February--they all allegedly recorded clips/interviews, etc--assume they scraped all of LB's?
Old 05-01-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Yea why the fu** is neil Finn speaking so much. I get he’s in the band now but it’s been 3 weeks and he’s literally had nothing to do with anything involving this band. Not one real live performance or recording whatsoever. It really isn’t a big deal but I just find it very funny. Mick Stevie and Christine still talk more but neil Finn should not be heard more then John. And if John didn’t want to speak well then Neil should just be using this time to learn guitar parts and not an radio voice overs !
Oh, I love that he's speaking so much! He wants stage presence! He has a new album with his son that needs to be promoted. Wonder how Stevie will react to his need of stage presence....
Old 05-01-2018, 09:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No wonder Kristen was blaming them first on IG. Later she added Christine and John.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Hahahaha I totally agree! I think Neil is supposed to be the 'singing guitar player' though, and Mike Campbell doing most of the actual guitar playing. I think they just had him talk since they cut out Lindsey's stuff.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No wonder Kristen was blaming them first on IG. Later she added Christine and John.
At least she's blaming the entire gang of loons., as she should. Makes it easier for all of the fan bases
Old 05-01-2018, 09:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
When this station was meant to go live in February--they all allegedly recorded clips/interviews, etc--assume they scraped all of LB's?
Yeah, in one of Stevie's clips she was talking about the Rumours lineup and said mentioned how they're all still together. So that was clearly before.
Old 05-01-2018, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Wonder how Stevie will react to his need of stage presence....
She totally thought she was turning it into the FM STEVIE show. I hope this backfires on her like a night of Colt 45 and a bag of White Castles.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Me too. Every day I realize more and more that she had the FM Stevie show complete with her Tom Petty friends. GROSS