The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > The Penguin > The Ledge Boards

Old 10-19-2003, 04:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Marty,
I'm sure you feel like one very underappreciated man at times, but you have really provided such an incredible source interest, entertainment and friendship that I hope it brings you much fulfillment. Thanks for all you do. Thanks to the benefactors. And long live The Penguin!
Old 10-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Administrator
Supporting Ledgie

Everyone--

I have received a lot of requests from people on The Ledge, as well as privately, to set up a Paypal account to accept donations for the server expenses. The letters of support by email, here, and on the Rumours forum are very flattering and I thank everyone for the kind words. In the past I pursued undertakings so that people would receive something tangible in exchange for helping with the site. Realistically, I do not currently have the time to institute and manage projects such as The Penguin Photo Gallery, The Penguin Album Corner, and the Calendars anymore. As many seem very willing to help and want the site to continue, I do concede that the donations would ease the financial burden not just on me, but also on the generous benefactors that I mentioned at the beginning of this post. It would also provide some funds for scripts so that The Penguin can become more frequently updated once again. For example, I just purchased a script an hour ago to revamp the Blue Letter Archives; as you might expect, the best scripts are not free.

I am not going to remind people that the link is there or ask them to donate anything at all to the site. However, if you would like to contribute, you certainly can, and it is very much appreciated. The link appears on the left column of the Ledge's main page. Thank you.

- Marty and Lis
Old 10-19-2003, 09:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

I may be a poor college student but it was definitely worth donating what I could to keep The Penguin running. This site has been such a wonderful part of both my online and real life since 1997 and I don't know where I would be without it. I have met some wonderful friends here that I don't know I would have met otherwise.

Everyone here is hugely indebted to you Marty and wish you nothing but success and happiness for the future.

Ali :o)
Old 10-20-2003, 01:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

Marty,

Thanks for pointing us to the PayPal link.

C'mon everyone! If you enjoy the site, say thanks using PayPal, even if it's only a small amount. If each of us can scrape a few bucks together, maybe it will make a pile that will really help.

Old 10-20-2003, 03:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Marty,
I came close to crying...really really hard...when I went to check in and thought that The Penguin & The Ledge were gone forever!

I've spent countless hours here, made many new friends who share my greatest passion.

It would be my pleasure to go to that paypal link and do whatever I can to keep this going. Even though I can't get here to read and post nearly as much as I used to, it's nice to have around to check in on when I do get the chance!!

Thanks for bringin' it all back!!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 10-22-2003, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I Want to Thank Marty for all of his efforts into running this site. It is so well done and is constantly updated with lots of good things all related to Fleetwood Mac. Keep up the good work.
Old 10-24-2003, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be quite honest. Paypal will not let me change my email address. To change it they need to give me a new password for an address that doesn't exsist. WELL, they keep saying they mailed it, but they never do.

When I called them, he said " there was nothing he could do" basically, Im banned from paypal for life, even if I DID have that address, I don't have a password.

So Paypal and I are NOT friends...so when I make a donation, it will have to be money in a card! Im sorry

ITS a great idea though, because it's easy and basically anonymous.
Old 10-25-2003, 02:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Marty

You truly are a Prince amongst men and your wife is a saint....for putting up with us all and the demand on your time and resources.

I want to say that having the Ledge as a place to congregate with likeminded people to share our love of Fleetwood Mac and the sum parts of the band is a welcome retreat into a type of shangrila. The friendships that can and have been built over many years is probably the one tangible aspect of the Ledge that makes it what it is. It is the GREATEST resource for accurate Fleetwood Mac information to the degree that the 'official' sites pale into insignificance.
Marty and Lisa THANKYOU for providing this haven and bringing it back from the brink of oblivion...

Warmest Regards

Louise
Old 10-28-2003, 08:49 PM
Ledgie

Hi Marty,

I am glad to see that 8 1/2 years of dedication and hard work didn't go down the drain. You have truley done so much here and I don't think it will be taken for granted by many, myself included, again. I will definetely use the links you provided and will be using the paypal link also. I extend my thanks to you and all the people who helped you revive the board.

Joe
Old 11-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile

Thanks Marty. You're awesome.

-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."