The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-17-2017, 01:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Reviews of the classic west show?

Surprised no thread yet. How were they? Did Stevie even look at Lindsey?
Old 07-17-2017, 01:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post

More pictures and a few videos here.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 07-17-2017, 04:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Apparently this was the setlist...

The Chain

You Make Loving Fun

Dreams

Second Hand News

Rhiannon

Everywhere

Bleed to Love Her

Tusk

Sara

Say You Love Me

Big Love

Landslide
(Dedicated to Glenn Frey)

Never Going Back Again

Think About Me

Gypsy

Little Lies

Gold Dust Woman

I'm So Afraid

Go Your Own Way

Encore:
Don't Stop
Old 07-17-2017, 04:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Set list was exactly what you would expect. The performances were all very good. Stevie, Christine, and Lindsey all did great, except they did not seem very happy or enthusiastic to be there. Stevie's mic like fell and almost hit her in the face between Rhiannon and Everywhere so she joked about that. The crowd went nuts for most of the songs. Surprisingly there was no 15 minute long story before Gypsy. Lindsey did the slow whisper Never Going Back Again and the annoying solo Big Love. I'm really glad they did Sara, that was my highlight.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:02 AM

Fleetwood Mac's Classic West Performance A Well-Deserved Celebration

If forty years ago, when Fleetwood Mac was at the height of what guitarist Lindsey Buckingham now refers to as “The musical soap opera,” someone were to tell you that in 2017, the Mac would be a happy, healthy functioning touring act people would have thought you had partied harder than the six bands on this weekend’s Classic West.

But, 40 years after Rumours and all the tabloid drama that went with that landmark album, the Mac are a regular touring act and Buckingham told me earlier this year the band “is in a good place.”

So in a very unexpected twist of fate, the night after the Eagles delivered an emotionally compelling and dramatic performance (https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba.../#4983218a1e6a) at night one of Classic West, Fleetwood Mac got to come out and revel in the celebratory, feel good vibes that have characterized their tours in recent years.

After opening with “The Chain” and the Christine McVie pop gem, “You Make Loving Fun,” Stevie Nicks established the mood of the night when she said, “Without further adieu, we should get this party started,” introducing “Dreams.”

Despite their numerous upbeat pop/rock anthems, Fleetwood Mac aren’t what you would call a typical party band. With songs like the encore, “Don’t Stop” and the Buckingham-fronted “Go Your Own Way,” the band absolutely possesses the capability to get 50,000 fans singing and celebrating in unison. And the anthem-like “Go Your Own Way” is a joyous and jubilant celebration.

There were plenty of more introspective moments too. After the sublime “Landslide,” a song like the Eagles’ “Desperado,” that is as heart wrenching as any in rock, Nicks dedicated it to the Eagles’ Glenn Frey.

“I’d like to dedicate that song to Glenn Frey, who was my friend,” Nicks said. “And I’d like to dedicate it to his son, who did such a beautiful job last night under so much pressure. That was for big Glenn and little Glenn.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/steveba.../#a94129f356e1
Old 07-17-2017, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
Set list was exactly what you would expect. The performances were all very good. Stevie, Christine, and Lindsey all did great, except they did not seem very happy or enthusiastic to be there. Stevie's mic like fell and almost hit her in the face between Rhiannon and Everywhere so she joked about that. The crowd went nuts for most of the songs. Surprisingly there was no 15 minute long story before Gypsy. Lindsey did the slow whisper Never Going Back Again and the annoying solo Big Love. I'm really glad they did Sara, that was my highlight.
Just what I was afraid of. They weren't happy to be there or they weren't happy to be around each other?

I'm not surprised there was no 15 minute long story before Gypsy, especially if they fit 20 songs in 2 hours. Did it ended at 10 pm instead of 11 pm like on Saturday?

Bummed they didn't do Silver Springs and World Turning.

But glad they at least did Sara.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 07-17-2017, 07:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Haha! Why would she? They're on different bands now.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 07-17-2017, 08:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The show was fantastic. I don't think Stevie and Lindsey came out together holding hands like they used to. But there was the interaction after Sara and Landslide. At end, usually, Stevie and Lindsey are next to each other for the bows but not last night. I don't know. Can't read too much into it. The music and voices were amazing. The crowd was so into this show. It was awesome. I am bummed it ended with Don't Stop although worked with firewords. Bummed about Silver Springs but was giddy as can be for Bleed to Love Her!!!!!
Old 07-17-2017, 09:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcalzaretta View Post
The show was fantastic. I don't think Stevie and Lindsey came out together holding hands like they used to. But there was the interaction after Sara and Landslide. At end, usually, Stevie and Lindsey are next to each other for the bows but not last night. I don't know. Can't read too much into it. The music and voices were amazing. The crowd was so into this show. It was awesome. I am bummed it ended with Don't Stop although worked with firewords. Bummed about Silver Springs but was giddy as can be for Bleed to Love Her!!!!!
They didn't come out together holding hands and they weren't next to each other for the bows and you're not reading too much into it?! They're at war again, which is odd, given they're both doing what they like.

I saw the inteaction after Sara. It was awful and fake.

Last edited by button-lip; 07-17-2017 at 09:55 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Of course there at one again. Steve has been going around minimizing his contributions to her career and constantly telling whoever will listen that they are not friends anymore while Lindsay has kept his mouth shut I really can't stand her anymore
Old 07-17-2017, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

On an Eagles note, Deacon Frey did a fantastic job! I saw the video. His dad must be smiling.

The Mac setlist was pretty good. It was the Australian leg minus a few but included Sara and Think About me.
Stadium shows are so impersonal. I would not put too much into the way they looked. Just a few weeks ago Christine commented that she is nervous for shows but not Stadium shows. They just see a sea of people, not personal faces. So it does appear they are going through the motions.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 07-17-2017 at 10:34 AM..
Old 07-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
There's already an active thread on this topic, but I guess it got buried.

Here's a link to pictures, videos and the Twitter feed.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:35 AM
Ledgie

Hopefully their attitudes are better in two weeks. I'm going to The Classic East.

Was there any merch on sale? If so was it just general "The Classic" stuff or individual band stuff too?
Old 07-17-2017, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course there at one again. Steve has been going around minimizing his contributions to her career and constantly telling whoever will listen that they are not friends anymore while Lindsay has kept his mouth shut I really can't stand her anymore
Someone who went to the concert told me Lindsey was the only one present, and that Stevie's mic incident probably set the tone for her for the rest of the show.

I wonder what's gonna happen next year...
Old 07-17-2017, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ami0425 View Post
Hopefully their attitudes are better in two weeks. I'm going to The Classic East.

Was there any merch on sale? If so was it just general "The Classic" stuff or individual band stuff too?
I saw some merch for the Saturday concerts. Lots of Eagles t-shirts, so I guess it was the same for FM yesterday.