Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-28-2016, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Old 11-07-2016, 05:47 AM

She's lightening up! Jessica Alba thanks celebrity colourist Robert Ramos for her 'more natural' new honey brown tresses

Aside from Jessica, the Emmy nominated stylist has a celebrity client list that includes Bette Midler, Melissa McCarthy, Nick Jonas, Eva Mendes, Katey Sagal, George Lopez, Rachel McAdams, Stevie Nicks and Annie Lennox, according to his website.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...#ixzz4PJohulWj
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Old 11-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[From a Huffington Post fashion article. There's a picture of Stevie in her velvet jacket]

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/11..._12849158.html

The Huffington Post Canada | By Anne T. Donahue 11/08/2016 3

While velvet has been consistently present since its inception centuries back, its association beyond the glamour spectrum has been relatively recent. The '80s and '90s ushered in the fabric as the uniform of the cultural underground (although the '80s also saw crushed velvet attached to mainstream uniforms), but the '70s saw the likes of Stevie Nicks and Jerry Hall cloak themselves in dark shades to evoke the drama of the Victorian era. Which, thanks to the '90s resurgence -- which was originally a '70s resurgence, FYI — is where we’re at now.
Old 11-16-2016, 10:00 AM

Clay Paky Mythos, grandMA2 Hit Road On Stevie Nicks's Solo Tour

Stevie Nicks has gone solo for the "24 Karat Gold Tour" playing more than two dozen arena dates in North America before the end of the year. Production designer Paul Guthrie of Toss Film & Design Inc. in Minneapolis chose 88 Clay Paky Mythos fixtures for the lighting rig and a grandMA2 console for show control. He previously deployed Mythos on tours for Miranda Lambert and Macklemore.

Nicks's latest tour, in support of her album, "24 Karat Gold - Songs from the Vault," launched in Phoenix and will wrap in Los Angeles. While the iconic singer/songwriter appears as a solo artist, she tapped the Pretenders to open for her - delivering a powerhouse show for ticketholders.

A veteran of Nicks's tours, Guthrie endeavored to "create something new and a bit more modern" for her new show. "Stevie enjoys using video content so the tour features a lot of video on an LED videowall backdrop and L-shaped scenic pieces," he explains. "Our overwhelming lighting edict is always no smoke. So we defer to lighting the band and adding in layers of light to create new looks."

The versatility of Mythos offers myriad options to Guthrie. "It's fun to have one light that can produce a multitude of different effects in the same head," he says. "Mythos is basically the workhorse light in the rig." He notes that the tour's complement of 100-120 moving lights "is now considered a medium-size rig for an arena tour. It used to be that 16 were considered to be a lot! We've come a long way." PRG's Las Vegas office supplied the fixtures.

Eighty Mythos are mounted in the overhead lighting trusses where they form "solid lines of Mythos," Guthrie reports. "On the downstage and mid-stage trusses they provide stage wash and beam effects. Those on the most upstage of the trusses, upstage of the videowall, create layers to add depth."

Eight more Mythos are positioned on the floor upstage of the band "to set fire" to their dynamic performance.

Tom Wagstaff, the lighting director for the Pretenders deploys about 60 Mythos, on the downstage and mid-stage trusses, and repositions the complement on the floor, says Guthrie.

Two grandMA2 full-size consoles, one active and one back up, and two NPUs are on hand to "literally run everything that's moving and changing on stage that's not the actual band," he notes. "We control all the lights, the video, the hoists and the scenic movement from the board."

Guthrie and Chris Lose jointly programmed the show. "I had the show file from Stevie's last solo tour and Chris had the show file from the last Fleetwood Mac tour he did. So we combined them to start then built out the file over two weeks of rehearsals at Sony in LA."

Guthrie likes the grandMA2 for its "reliability and feature set. I'm extremely fortunate to work with a lot of very clever MA users so I'm constantly learning new tricks," he adds.

"The ability for Chris and me to be on the board and programming was a huge advantage. In a lot of rehearsals I was making adjustments to the file as he was running the show. I could program content while he programmed lights. That's a massive advantage."

A.C.T Lighting, Inc. is the exclusive North American distributor of both Clay Paky fixtures and MA Lighting products.

For the "24 Karat Gold Tour" Thomas Mayer is the lighting crew chief and Cecil Nelson, Matt Schiller and Scott Naef are the lighting crew.

About A.C.T Lighting
A leading importer and distributor of lighting products, A.C.T Lighting, Inc. strives to identify future trends and cutting-edge products, and stock, sell and support their inventory. The company provides superior customer service and value for money to all of its clients.

For more information, visit www.actlighting.com.

http://livedesignonline.com/briefing...ckss-solo-tour
Old 11-17-2016, 01:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stylecaster

https://stylecaster.com/kindness-quotes/

21 Kindness Quotes to Inspire You to Be a Better Human

byCHRISTINA GRASSO 11/15/2016

13. “Your graciousness is what carries you. It isn’t how old you are, how young you are, how beautiful you are, or how short your skirt is. What it is, is what comes out of your heart. If you are gracious, you have won the game.”―Stevie Nicks
Old 11-17-2016, 02:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Elle Australia 11/17/2016

http://www.elle.com.au/culture/elle-...sy-collective/

We sat down with the Byron Bay-based sister duo to talk inspiration, Stevie Nicks, and what's next for the brand (hint: we're getting another store).

Describe Spell in three words.

Lizzy: Beautiful, feminine and soft.
Isabella: Free-spirited, flowing and colourful.

Who are the ultimate Spell women?

L: I saw Blake Lively wearing Spell the other day, she had just stepped out after having a baby and it was so lovely to see her looking so feminine and beautiful. I think Spell is something women can wear when they want to feel beautiful. One of our muses, especially Isabella's, is Stevie Nicks: a '70s goddess who's well-travelled, free-spirited and still feminine.

I: Really any travellers, gypsetters who frolick around beautiful places feeling free, brave and colourful.
Old 11-21-2016, 12:30 PM

45 Non-Cheesy Quotes on Body Image

32. “I look at these pictures and realize I worried about things that I shouldn’t have been worrying about. I wouldn’t go out to the beach without a sarong from my neck to my ankles. Now I see a picture of myself from that era in a bikini and I’m like, ‘You looked great. And you missed out on a lot of fun vacations because you were so sure that you were fat.’” –Stevie Nicks

Read more: http://stylecaster.com/body-image-quotes/#ixzz4QfK3Kvnc
Old 11-22-2016, 09:15 AM

Chrissie Hynde Talks About the All-Star Ensemble That Contributes to the Pretenders' New Album

Hynde says she doesn’t necessarily get a thrill out of playing to a hometown crowd in Akron, but she’s excited generally at how the current tour, which finds her playing arenas with Stevie Nicks and then headlining smaller theaters on her own, has worked out.

“You know, I feel the same wherever I play,” she says. “We’re on stage and in the band doing what we do. I get off within the band experience and hope everyone else likes it. In the past, I felt like hometown gigs are ones where you’re observed by people who know you. That makes it feel like more pressure. I don’t feel that anymore. I do the show and hope we do a good show. It’s good to see friends, but we have to drive to the next gig. Stevie takes time off, but we do on our own shows on the days off, and it’s fantastic. With her, it’s a different experience. I don’t like being in big places, but the arenas are very personable. I really enjoy those shows. And we can do our own shows. It’s the perfect tour.

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-...ders-new-album
Old 11-25-2016, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

http://www.vanityfair.com/style/phot...-shawls-photos

The rock ’n’ roll goddess is currently on a two-month tour in the United States and Canada, and while her music leads the way, it wouldn’t be a Stevie Nicks show without a swirling shawl to complete her onstage ensemble. Take a look at her inimitable mantles through the years.

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 11-25-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
http://www.vanityfair.com/style/phot...-shawls-photos

The rock ’n’ roll goddess is currently on a two-month tour in the United States and Canada, and while her music leads the way, it wouldn’t be a Stevie Nicks show without a swirling shawl to complete her onstage ensemble. Take a look at her inimitable mantles through the years.
Nice, but it's quite apparent that some of those aren't shawls but sleeves.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:57 AM

Lovely edit I found on tumblr (Leather and Lace for Inuyasha):

http://inuyasha-support-group.tumblr.com/post/153777707766/inuvember-au-week-leather-and-lace-inukag
Old 12-01-2016, 03:05 PM

FROM THE '70S TO TODAY: THE EVOLUTION OF STEVIE NICKS' INCREDIBLE ROCK 'N' ROLL HAIR

The 68-year-old rock 'n' roll legend Stevie Nicks is currently on tour again, making a stop at Madison Square Garden tonight. She's been a presence on the stage since the early '70s, when she was the lead singer and only female member of Fleetwood Mac. In 1981, she began her successful solo career, and has since become not only a musical icon, but also a fashion and beauty inspiration, with her free-flowing shawls, amazing '80s curly bangs, and overall empowering aura. In short, Stevie Nicks goes her own way. Here, a closer look at her unrivaled rock 'n' roll hairstyles through the years.

http://www.wmagazine.com/gallery/fro...ck-n-roll-hair
Old 12-01-2016, 08:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
FROM THE '70S TO TODAY: THE EVOLUTION OF STEVIE NICKS' INCREDIBLE ROCK 'N' ROLL HAIR

The 68-year-old rock 'n' roll legend Stevie Nicks is currently on tour again, making a stop at Madison Square Garden tonight. She's been a presence on the stage since the early '70s, when she was the lead singer and only female member of Fleetwood Mac. In 1981, she began her successful solo career, and has since become not only a musical icon, but also a fashion and beauty inspiration, with her free-flowing shawls, amazing '80s curly bangs, and overall empowering aura. In short, Stevie Nicks goes her own way. Here, a closer look at her unrivaled rock 'n' roll hairstyles through the years.

http://www.wmagazine.com/gallery/fro...ck-n-roll-hair
What?

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 12-02-2016, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
What?
Apparently Chris is a man for them? Not to mention they got most of the dates wrong, and it should be easy to figure it out since the first picture they labeled 1975 is exactly the same hairstyle that they later labeled 1979-80.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:51 AM

Anticipating the Music: from a Stevie Nicks Concert to Friday Night Vespers

"Oh, Vera, I can't wait to hear that Overture, Tell me about the show!" - Auntie Mame Dennis, Jerry Herman's Mame

A din falls over the audience. A single note pierces the silent din, the overtones sparkling in a pure array of simple fireworks. The spirit of music rises in the air, melting hate and violence in a since millisecond, inspiring the average human to continue their trek towards Arcadia.

Music, stripped of its message, is but black dots on a page. The most beautiful song can be rendered meaningless by a subpar presentation, which is why most musicians are incessant perfectionists. To be a musician is to honor the only mystical force that man can tame.

I'm in the unique situation this weekend to experience two completely different musical experiences in two days. Tonight, I will be singing as part of a Friday Night Vespers prayer service at St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church in Lisle, IL. Tomorrow, I will be hoisting myself off to The Grand Bastion of The Chicago Blackhawks, The United Center, to hear Stevie Nicks perform with The Pretenders. And Sunday, as always, I will be heading back to JoA to sing my regular Sunday service.

I have been lucky, in my life, to hear some of the most glorious music known to Man and God alike. Though I adore simply laying back and experiencing the music in any form, nothing beats rolling your sleeves up and doing it yourself.

For those of you that have never attended a Catholic Vespers service, especially during Advent, you are depriving yourself of an experience akin to achieving total nirvana. The lights are dimmed, the incense flows like wisps of silky sinew, and the music rises in the air like wind. I often find myself, an extremely dedicated and concentrated musician, becoming lost in the peace of the moment. Even Jazz Musician Duke Ellington mused on the mystic air of sacred music: "On becoming more acquainted with the word of the Bible, I began to understand so much more of what I had been taught, and of what I had learned about life and about the people in mine."

A stadium concert, on the other hand, is like a Feast of Dionysus. Alcohol is drunk to excess, emotions are high, and the spectators are encouraged to free their inhibitions and "shout, shout, let it all out!" I, an often calculating and reserved human being, find myself getting swept up in the feverish glee of a concert where every person is there to worship an icon.

This afternoon the juxtaposition of these two experiences on back-to-back days struck me as comedic. But, after dwelling on the finer points of each, I realized that they are two sides of the same coin. The notes on the page are all the same, quarter notes, half notes, and rests alike. But, when you place each in its proper context, you see that, while they are incredibly different, they are both sacrifices to the altar of music. Though we won't necessarily adore every piece we hear, we recognize that it all stems from the same root. Ellington, once again, sums it up perfectly: "There are two kinds of music: Good music, and the other kind."

So I ask you, my friends, to look at the music that populates your life and assess the role it plays in your daily existence. Switch off the Top 40 station and roll up your shirt sleeves, discovering new music like a thirsty man lunging at a stream of the purest water. Define what you enjoy, why you enjoy it, and what you can do to further your understanding of the role of music in your day-to-day life.

Whether it's a sung psalm...or Stevie Nicks' "Edge of Seventeen"...the role music plays in our lives is inimitable and irreplaceable.

And remember, to quote ol' Duke for one final nugget of wisdom, "The wise musicians are those who play what they can master."

http://www.chicagonow.com/intellectu...night-vespers/