The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Should FM release the album without any SN-penned songs?
yes, there's no time to waste! 31 28.44%
no, they should keep waiting for SN, however long it takes 76 69.72%
we don't need no stinkin' FM album 2 1.83%
Voters: 109. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2014, 01:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
If Stevie is done with a brand new solo album in 2 weeks, HELL even an EP, I'll eat my tambourine.
I don't know when she will be done with it, but when will there be announcements about it?

I guess that's why she got her twitter account verified.

Michele
Old 04-27-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't know when she will be done with it, but when will there be announcements about it?

Michele
Dave Stewart has been made aware of the fact that Mick "spilled the beans" so we shall see if anyone from "camp Stevie" breaks the silence and tweets about this...Yes Stevie's twitter was "verified" just days before Nashville and is steadily gaining followers on a daily basis...
Old 04-27-2014, 01:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
I think the twitter verification had to do with the Jimmy Fallon guest appearance. She had 1,000,000 youtube views the next day on that video. She's never grossed so quickly on the internet before that. I bet either Stevie's people or the Twitter people were dragging their feet until they saw that huge increase of interest.

She's either going to cut ties with FM after this tour to complete/promote this album or it's going to get brushed under the rug for a while.
Old 04-27-2014, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
And it's already been 11 years since SYW. There's no need to keep waiting and hope something different will happen, since that hope has been extinguished before.

Michele
plus, just think of the press for this?! the articles are basically writing themselves!!

FM is a band that has been thriving on highlighting the conflict between various band members, whether made up or real. this should generate tons of press and speculations!!

lets see, i'm not good at this but how about:
  • lovefest on stage but fallout in the studio!
  • inside FM reunion: what is really going on?
  • Christine came back, but Stevie still just cannot stand to put up with LB in the studio (just watch that "you wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan" clip to see what we mean!), and had to sit the album out!
  • watch their dynamic on stage where we can see all 5 and compare that to what is coming out on the album!?!
  • will this band ever find some peace and common language?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

another thing to think of:
  • Stevie was a part of EP
  • Stevie has 9 songs on SYW

yet, most SN fans seem to really dislike both of these. so what makes people think that just because she contributed to the album, her fans will be behind it in droves??

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I responded NO. But, not to the " however long it takes part". Because we don't know that Stevie was given a time frame, or a specific date that she needed to comply by. If in fact she was given this information, and then proceeded to keep the band waiting for " however long it takes ", I would probably have a different answer. But we don't know that to be the case. Has Stevie even said she was going to record on this album yet?
Old 04-27-2014, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragrsrocalot View Post
I responded NO. But, not to the " however long it takes part". Because we don't know that Stevie was given a time frame, or a specific date that she needed to comply by. If in fact she was given this information, and then proceeded to keep the band waiting for " however long it takes ", I would probably have a different answer. But we don't know that to be the case. Has Stevie even said she was going to record on this album yet?
no she hasn't. everyone else in the band (other than John) said they are working on the new FM album. but Stevie hasn't and she said she didn't know what she was doing before August of 2014.

so wait i'm confused... you think they should wait for SN, whether or not she's interested? if SN is not interested it would seem that the wait would be forever.... maybe the answer in that case should be "we don't need FM album"?

Old 04-27-2014, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have mixed feelings on this.I think they should throw in the towel in if Stevie does not want to record with the band and put up with the BS in the studio .It will flop.I can not blame her for putting up with the stress doing it.

I'm not worried about a new album nor dont want retreads of greatest hits albums.

I'm just so happy that Chris will tour again with them later this year.
Thats the highlight of year so far to see Chris back in the band.

It is strange to see Chris with Stevie in Nashville and who knows really whats going on there but it would be nice to see some thing with the whole band on record with Chris here.

I always say why bother releasing a album these days.It never see the top 40 Us fan are the only ones are going to buy it.It probably wont or get little radio airplay.

We will feel honored if they do a album just for the fans.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
no she hasn't. everyone else in the band (other than John) said they are working on the new FM album. but Stevie hasn't and she said she didn't know what she was doing before August of 2014.

so wait i'm confused... you think they should wait for SN, whether or not she's interested? if SN is not interested it would seem that the wait would be forever.... maybe the answer in that case should be "we don't need FM album"?
My answer " NO " was in response to the poll question, which was, should FM release the album without Stevie's songs? She is a member of the band, and until she says she no longer wants to record with them, that will be my answer. I answered that way because we don't know what her commitment to recording is at this point. If she said, " You know what guy's, I'll pass ", then by all means record and release. If she is undecided because of other obligations, projects, waiting for the availibility of musicians, studio time , then I feel that they should wait a mutually agreed amount of time.
Old 04-27-2014, 04:18 PM
Senior Ledgie

I hate to bring this up, and I am kind of prepped for the backlash but... I think everyone's so focused on Stevie NOT being in the studio with FM that they automatically assume that the rest of the gang is, seriously working on an album.

This is nearly a month old, but looks like Lindsey may not have even been there in the beginning of April (assuming he was with his family). Again, just a guess.

But I think everyone's quick to jump the gun and think that Stevie's quitting, FM is going to release an album in he near future, etc. I'm just going to sit back and watch this confusing scenario unfold. Who knows with this band, right? Their dynamic has never been uncomplicated - why start now?
Old 04-27-2014, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My answer " NO " was in response to the poll question, which was, should FM release the album without Stevie's songs? She is a member of the band, and until she says she no longer wants to record with them, that will be my answer. I answered that way because we don't know what her commitment to recording is at this point. If she said, " You know what guy's, I'll pass ", then by all means record and release. If she is undecided because of other obligations, projects, waiting for the availibility of musicians, studio time , then I feel that they should wait a mutually agreed amount of time.
The boys have been trying to "get Stevie on board" with recording for 5 years now with no luck...Mick wanted to get the band together in early (Feb) of 2010 and see if they wanted to work on an album or tour and Stevie said NO and then started working on "IYD"...The boys started recording without her hoping she would like what they were doing an get on board with them...Stevie declined to participate (except for "Without You" which didn't turn out very well)...Christine has returned and time has been purchased at the Village and as far as we know Stevie was never there...If Stevie is in fact dead set against recording with FM again what will it take for them to realize it...
I don't mean to sound harsh but it is what it is...
Old 04-27-2014, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
M then I feel that they should wait a mutually agreed amount of time.
ah ok. somehow i have a feeling that mutually agreed amount of time has long passed or they could never mutually agree on it.

not saying "i'll pass" but not saying "i'm in" either while insisting "i will never break up this band" and at the same time going "but band should wait till she cleared up her schedule" is not fair towards the rest of the band. you can't say to your employer they should wait till you are done with your hobby. either the band is first, or solo career is first. either is fine, but you can't be sitting on both chairs at the same time.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
The boys have been trying to "get Stevie on board" with recording for 5 years now with no luck...Mick wanted to get the band together in early (Feb) of 2010 and see if they wanted to work on an album or tour and Stevie said NO and then started working on "IYD"...The boys started recording without her hoping she would like what they were doing an get on board with them...Stevie declined to participate (except for "Without You" which didn't turn out very well)...Christine has returned and time has been purchased at the Village and as far as we know Stevie was never there...If Stevie is in fact dead set against recording with FM again what will it take for them to realize it...
I don't mean to sound harsh but it is what it is...
exactly!

how much convincing do they need? maybe too many drugs in younger days ate up their brain cells?

Old 04-27-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverly13 View Post
I hate to bring this up, and I am kind of prepped for the backlash but... I think everyone's so focused on Stevie NOT being in the studio with FM that they automatically assume that the rest of the gang is, seriously working on an album.
i don't think they are recording in the studio right now, but i might be wrong. i think HelloMonster may have some other quotes from the group q&a that Mick did yesterday, talking about FM in the studio.

when my kids have spring break, i may need to take a week off from work. maybe it's the same when bands are recording for extended periods of time, some people take certain days off?

Old 04-27-2014, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They should wait. But I don't believe in ANY quality anymore now it's heading this way.

Christines songs cannot be ready yet, they just started a week or two max. In march. Maybe Lindsey is working alone on them now.

I think it is weird. Mick even said : she is doing it quick we hope.
I'm not going to say more about her behaviour. Before I'm called hostile again.

But still, in 2014, with this line-up, there has to be some steviesongs before we can call it a FM album. Especially since Chris is back.

Hmmm, maybe I should have voted for the third option.

Last edited by shackin'up; 04-27-2014 at 05:10 PM..