Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Useless Questions

On the Backlot
Thursday, April 17, 2008

- Robin Adams Sloan

King Features Syndicate

Q. Whatever happened to the blond actress who played Jack Bauer's daughter on 24? I thought she was cute. - L.D.

A. Elisha Cuthbert co-stars in a coming romantic comedy called My Sassy Girl, the coming miniseries Guns, the comedy The Six Wives of Henry Lefay, with Tim Allen, and the coming animated Cat Tale. She is also shooting a pilot for the CBS drama Ny-Lon, about a couple carrying on an intercontinental romance.

Q. What is actress Mary Steenburgen doing? I always enjoyed her work. - J.E.

A. She co-stars in the coming drama Honeydripper, set in 1950s Alabama; the Civil War drama In the Electric Mist, opposite Tommy Lee Jones and John Goodman; the comedy Step Brothers, with Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly, due out in July; and the holiday comedy Four Christmases, with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. She is filming The Open Road, with Justin Timberlake and Jeff Bridges, and goes next into the romantic comedy The Proposal, with Sandra Bullock.

Q. Is it true that Fleetwood Mac is reuniting? It was my favorite band. - A.D.

A. According to band member Lindsey Buckingham, the band is thinking of going back on tour in the first half of next year and possibly putting together some new material before then. Since Christine McVie retired from the band 10 years ago, there is talk of including Sheryl Crow, who is a friend of Stevie Nicks, but it hasn't been decided yet.

Q. What is actor James Gandolfini doing now that The Sopranos is over? - L.H.

A. A lot, actually. He stars in the coming romantic thriller Kiddie Ride and co-stars with an impressive cast, including Forest Whitaker, Catherine Keener and Paul Dano (of There Will Be Blood and Little Miss Sunshine), in an adaptation of the Maurice Sendak classic Where the Wild Things Are. He is filming a remake of the drama The Taking of Pelham 123, with Denzel Washington and John Travolta, and he goes next into the drama Welcome to the Rileys. He will also be in Sexual Healing, a bio of Marvin Gaye, who will be played by Jesse L. Martin; the TV drama ABCD Camp; and a biopic about Ernest Hemingway, which he is also producing.

Q. Is Geena Davis still acting? I always thought she was very good. - A.S.

A. Yes; she is due to star in a comedy called Accidents Happen and is in line to return to series TV. She recently signed to star in a drama pilot for CBS called Exit 19, playing a Manhattan homicide detective who is also a suburban mother of two. If it goes well, it should be on the network's fall schedule.

Q. Is it true that Oliver Stone is making a movie about the presidency of George W. Bush? - N.F.

A. No; Stone, who has ventured into presidential films before with JFK and Nixon, is making a film about Bush, but it's about his formative years, not his presidential ones. Josh Brolin has been chosen to portray W., with Elizabeth Banks as Laura, Ellen Burstyn as his mother, Barbara, and James Cromwell as George H.W. Bush. The film starts shooting later this month, and Stone has promised to have it in theaters in time for the election.

Q. What is actor Tobey Maguire doing next? Is he making another Spider-Man? - N.J.

A. There are no new Spider-Man movies yet, but another installment of the blockbuster franchise is always possible. Next up for Maguire: a cameo in the comedy Tropic Thunder; the war drama Brothers, with Natalie Portman and Jake Gyllenhaal, due out in December; the romantic comedy Quiet Type; and the crime drama Tokyo Suckerpunch, now in production. He is also producing and might star in Afterburn, a comic-book adaptation.

http://www.journalnow.com/servlet/Sa...=1037645508976
Old 04-17-2008, 07:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought this was a thread about last nights Rockline.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:09 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
If the shoe fits.....
Old 04-17-2008, 08:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1LiddyBuckFan View Post
ROTFLMAO

save the cheerleader - save the world