Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2008, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Article Recaps LB's Youtube Page

This is from the Sioux Falls Classic Rock station:

http://www.b1027.com/content/view/3652/74/

Lindsey Buckingham has launched his own page on youtube.com. The site includes a series of numbered video episodes which show Buckingham answering in-depth fan questions, performing during his soundchecks, and live on stage.

Buckingham has already posted an acoustic rendition of Donovan's "Try For The Sun" filmed in one of his hotel rooms. A studio recording of the 1966 folk classic was included on Buckingham's last album, 2006's Under The Skin. More filmed acoustic performances are expected to be added in the coming weeks.

Buckingham, who is a without a record label following the release of his latest live CD/DVD, Live At The Bass Performance Hall, says that major acts becoming "indie" artists seems to be the only way for some veteran performers to maintain their artistic integrity while continuing to produce new work: "The model of the large company on some levels is breaking down, and it's going to force people not only find other outlets because the kind of blanket support system that used to exist for the broad range of artists doesn't exist as much anymore. It's more of a bottom line mentality. But I think also, by virtue of that, you have people who have the freedom to make the choice to just do what they want to do -- and even if it reaches a smaller audience. I think that mentality is fairly prevalent right now."

Live At The Bass Performance Hall features such solo favorites as "Trouble," "Go Insane," and "Holiday Road," as well as Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac classics "Big Love," "Second Hand News," "Tusk," "Never Going Back Again," "I Know I'm Not Wrong," and "Go Your Own Way."

Buckingham is putting the finishing touches on a new studio album which he hopes to have out by this summer. Special guests include Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie on what Buckingham is calling a "straight ahead rock album." No release date has been set, but Buckingham is planning to tour behind the still-untitled album.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
This is from the Sioux Falls Classic Rock station:

http://www.b1027.com/content/view/3652/74/

Lindsey Buckingham has launched his own page on youtube.com. The site includes a series of numbered video episodes which show Buckingham answering in-depth fan questions, performing during his soundchecks, and live on stage.

Buckingham has already posted an acoustic rendition of Donovan's "Try For The Sun" filmed in one of his hotel rooms. A studio recording of the 1966 folk classic was included on Buckingham's last album, 2006's Under The Skin. More filmed acoustic performances are expected to be added in the coming weeks.

Buckingham, who is a without a record label following the release of his latest live CD/DVD, Live At The Bass Performance Hall, says that major acts becoming "indie" artists seems to be the only way for some veteran performers to maintain their artistic integrity while continuing to produce new work: "The model of the large company on some levels is breaking down, and it's going to force people not only find other outlets because the kind of blanket support system that used to exist for the broad range of artists doesn't exist as much anymore. It's more of a bottom line mentality. But I think also, by virtue of that, you have people who have the freedom to make the choice to just do what they want to do -- and even if it reaches a smaller audience. I think that mentality is fairly prevalent right now."

Live At The Bass Performance Hall features such solo favorites as "Trouble," "Go Insane," and "Holiday Road," as well as Buckingham's Fleetwood Mac classics "Big Love," "Second Hand News," "Tusk," "Never Going Back Again," "I Know I'm Not Wrong," and "Go Your Own Way."

Buckingham is putting the finishing touches on a new studio album which he hopes to have out by this summer. Special guests include Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie on what Buckingham is calling a "straight ahead rock album." No release date has been set, but Buckingham is planning to tour behind the still-untitled album.
Thanks for posting this Michele!
Old 04-16-2008, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe he'll sign with Authentik Music Group in Southern California.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-16-2008, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Buckingham is putting the finishing touches on a new studio album which he hopes to have out by this summer. Special guests include Fleetwood Mac bandmates Mick Fleetwood and John McVie on what Buckingham is calling a "straight ahead rock album."
hell yes!

do it up, liddybuck. i can't wait to hear it.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

straight ahead rock album. that sounds good.

Old 04-16-2008, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really hope nothing gets in the way of this new solo album coming out! (Here's looking at you, Mick.)
Old 04-16-2008, 06:28 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

Oh. Hells. YES!!! Let's go, Liddy Buck! Just got my tax return, I'm set for school tuition and funding to go to my friend's wedding in NY in August now, my work income is MIIIIINE and just waiting to be used on a tour!!!!!

(Seriously, I've been planning since last year for this. )

Follow me "on tour" this fall! www.ladylucky49.wordpress.com. Bloggin' the Seeds We Sow tour, from the view of a traveling fan.

http://baublesandbeadles.etsy.com ~*~Handmade Beaded Jewelry And Accessories

~~~The hurt that you feel makes you strong... Lindsey Buckingham~~~

Dancin' Across The USA: Lindsey Tour '06-'07
Ten shows. Ten thousand miles. My favorite song in the setlist. Hugs, kisses, and handshakes. Heaven.
Old 04-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So excited for more mentions of a new album and tour!

It's also interesting to see a few more comments about having no label. Some people may laugh at this but if anyone has any further interest in seeing what it's like for established artists working for a label that is not willing to back up their ideas, Hanson created a documentary called "Strong Enough to Break" that follows the creation of their third studio album, which started out on a major label and ended up being independently released. The documentary is available on YouTube and as a free podcast on itunes. I enjoyed it as a Hanson fan, of course, but also found it fascinating to see the struggles they went through as they tried to stay true to what they wanted. It's really quite interesting and eye-opening, and if anything, adds to the frustration we as fans may also have with the music industry when our favorites are thwarted or trying to be forced in a direction that they do not want to go. Ultimately, Hanson scored the #1 Independent album, still had singles on the top of the charts and were able to focus more on being creative both with their music and their means of releasing it. I think at this point in the game, sometimes people like Lindsey are better off without a label, so long as they still have the means to get their product created and released, which I am sure he does.
Old 04-17-2008, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucklind17 View Post
It's also interesting to see a few more comments about having no label. Some people may laugh at this but if anyone has any further interest in seeing what it's like for established artists working for a label that is not willing to back up their ideas, Hanson created a documentary called "Strong Enough to Break" that follows the creation of their third studio album, which started out on a major label and ended up being independently released.
Those kids are talented.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2008, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

and - out in a few months!

I wonder what the arrangements will be. Will there be those in the TITN/ISA genre of long solos in the middle/end? Maybe some blistering GYOW kind of thing as well. It is all very enticing.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-17-2008, 01:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
and - out in a few months!

I wonder what the arrangements will be. Will there be those in the TITN/ISA genre of long solos in the middle/end? Maybe some blistering GYOW kind of thing as well. It is all very enticing.
I guess it'll be GOS, TOF, Shuffle Riff, Hopefully Given Thing and 6 new tracks with his touringband. I just hope for some steady rockin, melodic IKINW-live-style 4-minutetracks and some rawness in production. No endless solo's on slowbluespatterns.

A few months is at least 6 in Buck's life....

Old 04-17-2008, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^

It would be nice to see another TITN esq. track. In a way, Miranda had some rocking parts to it as well.

I cannot wait for it to drop.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 04-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope it will be a song in the BLUE LETTER vein, played over & over again, reminding one & all of the Eagles together & solo, with & without Don Felder & Joe Walsh, with bits of Bob Glaub thrown in for good measure, pun intended. I also hope it brings up all the romantic past of Lindsey & Stevie & perhaps even Les Dudek & his bumpkin pal Jimmy Olsen, along with some Rhiannon movie demos that are rearranged in the Buckingham manner with pipes of pan & guitars FX'd to mimic the sound of the surf in Pismo Beach & a good chase by Dog the Bounty Hunter across Hawaiian lava fields, both aa & pahoehoe, & Stevie Nicks on Fender Rhodes suitcase model with some of the tines broken right off around middle C.

SUITE: STEVIE BLUE LETTER

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 04-17-2008, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

YESSSSSSSS !!!!!!!

Dosent that whole article just sound so positive. I cant wait, I cant wait. Full on Rock just sounds soooo good to me right now. Thats all i want to hear from him for a while. Just him Mick and John, christ this is going to be good.
As for the tour....well I dont care if he dosent come to Europe, because America Here I come.............I will be at at least three shows.

Bring it on Lindsey, show us what's left in that Model 1
Old 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

Four great words all in a line!!! yay...it's what I was hoping to hear ...can't wait.