User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I did wonder why she was holding onto Lindsey so much..(at the Musicares event)..
Maybe she is very jealous of his family she holds onto him on stage, in public view.
It’s almost as if she’s saying look, he really is mine, always was, always will be...no matter what.
No matter if he has three kids with you....And guess what I can even sack him, I have complete control...
I and I still believe all this began when Christine returned.
You know, this is a really interesting observation. I remember before Chris returned, how Stevie was always gushing about their friendship, talking about her in such a positive, loving way.
Then when Chris did come back, I remember seeing an interview and thinking, "ok, Stevie does not seem remotely as excited as I thought she would be." It just kind of struck me as odd at the time.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:28 AM

$he had a whole tour of it being about Christine and NOT her. It drove her so crazy that she had to end the show talking about how she brought Christine back with her spirit catcher... and sometimes included the collective fans wishing Christine back.

Then, they had the nerve to do an amazing album without her. 4 members making great music!

Then, they made a documentary about the making of the album. They looked so happy! No spirit catchers, no fighting about getting her hands in production, no singing fish, no Karen, just beautiful harmony and music.

Then............... THEY TOURED!!

When you DON'T have a family and your only life is your career... You have to validate your power position.

Keep in mind, they were touring BuckVie during the East/West. You know that didn't go over well. It's not that hard to figure out what happened here.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 01-30-2019 at 12:16 PM..
Old 01-30-2019, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
$he had a whole tour of it being about Christine and NOT her. It drove her so crazy that she had to end the show talking about how she brought Christine back with her spirit catcher... and sometimes included the collective fans wishing Christine back.

Then, they had the nerve to do an amazing album without her. 4 members making great music!

Then, they made a documentary about the making of the album. They looked so happy! No spirit catchers, no fighting about getting her hands in production, no singing fish, no Karen, just beautiful harmony and music.

Then............... THEY TOURED!!

When you DON'T have a family and your only life is your career... You have to validate your power position.

Keep in mind, they were touring BuckVie during the East/West. You know that didn't go over well. It's not that hard to figure out what happened here.
And she had to bring back the fact that Christine was absent for 16 years on every ****ing show. It was like: "and now you come back to ruin everything".

I always wonder why $he didn't leave the band if she was/is so successful on her own. I mean, if she wasn't jealous about BuckVie, then why didn't she let Lindsey do his thing while she did her thing and everybody's happy?

Seriously, all she has is her career. Which should be ok if that's all she cares about. But apparently not everything's so perfect as she claims to be on her interviews. And not everything's so perfect in Fakewood Mac without Lindsey now as she wished it was gonna be.

Still remember how they were late on stage while the Brits were waiting for them on the Classic East. When they finally hit the stage everybody around me were certain they had been fighting.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:11 AM
BigAl84
This message has been deleted by BigAl84.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah he did on that red carpet, definitely. at the time i ascribed it to his regular "serious" face he pulls for every photo, but knowing what we know now, it's pretty obvious he had a feeling something is cooking.

i think he was pissed at Mick and Stevie because they didn't want to work with him to accommodate his solo needs while he would always bend over backwards for band's needs... as he did in this case too - trying to find solutions that could work for everyone since they first told him they wouldn't postpone the FM tour for 2 months so he can fit in his solo dates. maybe he found out from Mick that nobody has ran the concurrent tours option by Stevie because they were afraid she'd go ballistic? whatever it was it looks like he knew they didn't want to compromise to find the workable solution. turns out he didn't know the half of it!

are you saying Stevie was hanging all over his arm to try and lull him into false security so she can kick him even harder when she pushed him down right after the event?

what do you think they did to him that would make him storm out? i mean he obviously flew in with his family to be at the event. why storm out?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
I did wonder why she was holding onto Lindsey so much..(at the Musicares event)..
The entire time she held onto his arm he looked miserable. When you hold onto someone like that you are usually offering them assurance over something. I think Stevie worried he might storm out of the event because one of our Ledgie's with inside info had told us how LB got angry with the band at a private corporate event and stormed off the stage and refused to return. The band finished the set without him. And I think Stevie did not want a repeat of that situation at Music Cares.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
The entire time she held onto his arm he looked miserable. When you hold onto someone like that you are usually offering them assurance over something. I think Stevie worried he might storm out of the event because one of our Ledgie's with inside info had told us how LB got angry with the band at a private corporate event and stormed off the stage and refused to return. The band finished the set without him. And I think Stevie did not want a repeat of that situation at Music Cares.
Wow. And he is the victim? Gag me with a spoon...
Old 01-31-2019, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
$tevie would NEVER pass the opportunity to see Lindsey making a fool of himself in front of his family. And to see his family reaction.

Funny how not a soul from that corporate event said a word about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Wow. And he is the victim? Gag me with a spoon...
The Queen is the victim. We all know that. Poor, poor Stevie! And it’s all Lindsey’s fault, of course. That’s why she’s out there giving interviews, taking about Lindsey while promoting her tour and interacting with fans. Because she’s innocent.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 02-01-2019, 09:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't imagine that Lindsey would be that unprofessional. I hope this isn't true.

Wonder what he would have been so mad about?

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Old 02-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe he's tired of her running the show?? And being a pain in the a**.

And maybe he was sick of her giving him a hard time, then making it look like she's all lovey dovey with him when we all know she'd put a knife in his back the minute he turned away?
Old 02-01-2019, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I can't imagine that Lindsey would be that unprofessional. I hope this isn't true.

Wonder what he would have been so mad about?
Why would it be true when all the other things people with sources have been saying for the past year are untrue?
Old 02-01-2019, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Maybe he's tired of her running the show?? And being a pain in the a**.

And maybe he was sick of her giving him a hard time, then making it look like she's all lovey dovey with him when we all know she'd put a knife in his back the minute he turned away?
Seriously. Just because she held onto his arm it doesn't mean she's a saint and he's a monster. He ended up being fired by them.
Old 02-01-2019, 06:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The entire time she held onto his arm he looked miserable. When you hold onto someone like that you are usually offering them assurance over something. I think Stevie worried
yes, that must be it. because Stevie has always been such calming influence on Lindsey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
maybe he was sick of her giving him a hard time, then making it look like she's all lovey dovey with him when we all know she'd put a knife in his back the minute he turned away?
sounds more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Why would it be true when all the other things people with sources have been saying for the past year are untrue?
haha right - where is the source? sounds like someone dreamed up something completely nonsensical.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2021, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

2018 Musicares now entering notoriety -

https://www.ajc.com/life/music-blog/...OKU77K2B2R644/

MusiCares goes on a ‘Mission’ with virtual event featuring BTS, H.E.R., John Legend and others
Jhené Aiko sings during the March 12, 2021 virtual event, "Music on a Mission," produced by MusiCares.

Credit: Courtesy of MusiCares
Atlanta Music Scene
| March 12, 2021
By Melissa Ruggieri, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

In a normal year, the annual MusiCares Person of the Year benefit – traditionally the Friday night before the Grammy Awards – recognizes an artist or band for musical and charitable contributions.

In January 2020, all eyes were on honorees Aerosmith, who only days early had possibly, maybe, perhaps booted drummer Joey Kramer from the band (the veteran sticksman took a bow with Aerosmith that night, but did not play during their performance).

The year prior, Dolly Parton earned the honor and, notably, the 2018 feting of Fleetwood Mac was the impetus for Stevie Nicks’ furor at Lindsey Buckingham (he gently mocked Nicks behind her back as she was addressing the crowd), resulting in his departure from the storied songsmiths.

It’s also always a ritzy fundraiser for the charitable arm of the Recording Academy, which typically assists musicians who need financial aid for health crises or other emergencies.

But in our still-pandemic lives, the blah-ness of a virtual world remains and this year, rather than spotlight an honoree, MusiCares tweaked its focus to “Music on a Mission.” The online event paid tribute to the resilience of the music industry while also reminding people of the dire needs of so many musicians, crew members and others within the live music community whose livelihoods have been decimated by COVID-19.

In the past year, MusiCares has distributed more than $24 million to about 30,000 music professionals.

On Friday night, a $25 donation provided viewers an opening set from DJ D Nice in his “Club Quarantine” (fittingly, his first tune was Sister Sledge’s “Lost in Music”) and slightly more than an hour of pre-taped current performances, clips from the MusiCares vault and affirmations from artists including Gloria Estefan, Elton John, Ringo Starr and Lionel Richie about the importance of the organization. (Those who purchased a ticket can view the production through March 19.)
H.E.R. performs "Fight for You" during the 2021 MusiCares "Music on a Mission" livestream.

Credit: Courtesy of MusiCares

All proceeds from the event will be distributed to music industry people in need; at its peak – pre-BTS performance – the livestream nabbed almost 19,000 viewers.

Beamed in from their respective sound stages or, in the case of John Legend, impeccably appointed living room with a fire flickering in the background, a lineup that also included Jhené Aiko,, Haim, H.E.R. and BTS unfurled their respective hits, including “Love” (Aiko), “Fight For You” (H.E.R.) and “Dynamite” (BTS, who utilized an empty theater and stationed JK – aka Jungkook – behind a drum set for a bit).

While well-intentioned, the current performances interspersed with caffeinated throwback videos mostly made us long for the types of packed audiences and shared electricity among music lovers shown in the old footage.

From Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band (the 2014 honorees) to Usher (saluting Lionel Richie in 2016 with a pitch-perfect rendition of The Commodores’ “Lady”) to Nicks with friend Tom Petty (the subject of 2017′s tribute only months before his untimely death) duetting on “Stop Draggin’ My Heart Around,” MusiCares has undoubtedly created many a stirring musical moment.

Let’s hope for that collective experience in 2022.

Follow the Atlanta Music Scene on Facebook and Twitter.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-28-2021, 11:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Still not sure what the the smirk was. I was there. Maybe it was when she said Lindsey and she joined FM at 17 and 18, which she corrected.
I can tell you when Stevie was walking up to the microphone the cheering was thunderous. As it was too when President Clinton said he brought a date.
Mick and Christine started to dance like they were at a formal.
Then, I remember Lindsey put his hand out for John to dance, John laughingly shook his head. Then Lindsey did a twist with his leg.

I mean Stevie had her arm around Lindsey's while they were standing on stage during the speaking part.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The princess found a pea(smirk).

What a child $he is.
Old 03-28-2021, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
The princess found a pea(smirk).

What a child $he is.
You ever wonder if she got him tossed because he wanted FM to create new music and she didn't?

If you read one of Dick's new interviews, he said he wishes the group made an album after SYW.