The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-08-2014, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it matters that he worked with Trent Reznor and these other people. Lindsey has it in his head that he wants to do a Fleetwood Mac album and that's what he is going to do. And now with Christine apparently on board, it looks like he will get his wish.
Old 02-08-2014, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
I don't think it matters that he worked with Trent Reznor and these other people. Lindsey has it in his head that he wants to do a Fleetwood Mac album and that's what he is going to do. And now with Christine apparently on board, it looks like he will get his wish.
you are probably right.

pure speculation here: i don't think he's the type of person who initiates things with other people, unfortunately for both him and us. all the therapy still probably didn't change that. his wife may have done some networking for him, but he doesn't seem to be the one to approach people he would like to work with (he could easily send Azoff to do it for him though!). SN pulled him into songwriting, he didn't want to do it. Mick pulled him into FM. Apatow pulled him into This is 40 thing. Cavallo pulled him into Delta Rae thing. Trent probably pulled him into doing HM and the grammy thing. hopefully Trent will pull him into some more projects. and we can only hope some others do too.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-08-2014, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
He seems really excited about working with the old chemistry. After watching DR, maybe this time he'll have more support and help. I was floored how much he took on for SYW. I've spent many hours in the recording studio and it can make a person insane.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
He seems really excited about working with the old chemistry. After watching DR, maybe this time he'll have more support and help. I was floored how much he took on for SYW. I've spent many hours in the recording studio and it can make a person insane.
you mean with Christine there with him? yeah, should be some nice constructive input.

according to both of them their chemistry was back at those meetings and dinners last year. it will be interesting to see what comes out of it in the studio.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Interesting comments from all! It does seem that CM’s return, and being able to work with new material from CM and SN, is creatively interesting/exciting for him.
I do wonder also if just a small part of his enthusiasm might also be about the fact that CM’s fortuitous return means that Lucky Lindsey will get his way after all - that is, it will give him the chance he had wanted, that SN I guess denied him on the last go-round, to ‘prove’ that he too can, similar to IYD/Dave Stewart, provide a good studio experience - joyous, spontaneous, collaborative, fun (unlike the stressy DR, which, as you say, was a massive undertaking).
So, was thinking on some level, there could be just a sprinkling of the same old same old motivation, on his part anyway - LB and SN continuing in their kind of challenge and response mode to prove something to each other??
In any event, it should make for an interesting ‘making of’ doc – and I hope they plan on doing one--
Old 02-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
Interesting comments from all! It does seem that CM’s return, and being able to work with new material from CM and SN, is creatively interesting/exciting for him.
or more accurate, people here think that it is? (although i do agree, for the most part.)

i think working with SN in a creative and peaceful way, with Mick and John there to complete the FM, was interesting to him also, and that's what he wanted to do since 2009. but SN was not interested in that, so.... . i'm happy he' and Christine will get a chance to collaborate again. which takes me to your next point:
Quote:
Originally Posted by juniper View Post
chance he had wanted, that SN I guess denied him on the last go-round, to ‘prove’ that he too can, similar to IYD/Dave Stewart, provide a good studio experience - joyous, spontaneous, collaborative, fun (unlike the stressy DR, which, as you say, was a massive undertaking).
So, was thinking on some level, there could be just a sprinkling of the same old same old motivation, on his part anyway - LB and SN continuing in their kind of challenge and response mode to prove something to each other??
why does he have to prove this? do we know he has not had good collaborative experiences in the past? he and Christine seemed to be able to work nicely together and respect each others' knowledge and opinions, from the start. other people, outside of FM, that he's worked with over the years, whether as a producer or collaborator, loved him. why are we so ready to automatically jump to the conclusion that he is the [only] one to blame in this LB-SN weird lifetime of push-pull working relationship that always seems to be bogged down by their interpersonal issues?