Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2020, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
Could care less, not couldn't care less

I suggest you give the following a view...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om7O0MFkmpw

Personally, I couldn't care less.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 10-17-2020, 04:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Long time no see

I've been away from the board for a while but figured this article would stir up the same mess it's been stirring for a few years. Glad to see nobody has lost their touch! I'm in the camp that hopes an overly dramatic reunion is on the cards. Didn't think I'd get a chance to see the Rumours lineup but I did! And I'd pay to see them again. I'd be interested to see what kind of new music they'd be able to come up with, but nothing's getting crossed waiting for it.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://variety.com/2018/music/news/...it-1202977969/

“So why did Buckingham get forced out? Loeb & Loeb evidently decided the lawsuit was not the place to go there, even as they attempt to methodically knock down all the official explanations that Nicks, Fleetwood and the two McVies have offered up in interviews. But Buckingham did offer further theories or clues in an interview published by Rolling Stone Wednesday.”

So, the WHY wasn’t actually addressed in the lawsuit and all we have is our own theories.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-18-2020, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think there is a "why". I think it's like Lindsey said in the Sunday Morning interview. It was some kind of a coup. I think it was a power struggle between Stevie and Lindsey. Lindsey wanted the group to move forward and record new material. Stevie wants to stay in the past. She was pushing for doing the older material on the last tour, which I think was actually a good idea.

But it is still no excuse for what she did. And she can't really explain it. No one can. But I think Brett Tuggle did a pretty good job of putting it out there for us. Lindsey got the shaft.

I have changed, but you remain ageless

Last edited by sleepless child; 10-18-2020 at 08:46 AM.. Reason: word spelled wrong
Old 10-18-2020, 10:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
still no excuse for what she did. And she can't really explain it. No one can. But I think Brett Tuggle did a pretty good job of putting it out there for us. Lindsey got the shaft.
exactly.

which is apparently why some people all of the sudden crawled out of the woodwork and started posting again, to try to muddy the issue by throwing out some painfully strained selective arguments.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-18-2020, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly.

which is apparently why some people all of the sudden crawled out of the woodwork and started posting again, to try to muddy the issue by throwing out some painfully strained selective arguments.
Why anyone would condone, worship, or argue for her is beyond me. Brett confirming most of what we already knew saddens me.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-18-2020 at 11:05 AM..
Old 10-18-2020, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Why anyone would condone, worship, or argue for her is beyond me. Brett confirming most of what we already knew saddens me.
I don't think people here are condoning, worshiping, or arguing for her. They are indifferent to the firing and to Lindsey in general. Notice that they are not using particularly emotional language in discussing it.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I don't think people here are condoning, worshiping, or arguing for her. They are indifferent to the firing and to Lindsey in general. Notice that they are not using particularly emotional language in discussing it.
Agreed, there should be no emotion when discussing FMac.
Old 10-18-2020, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey JB, you KNOW that $tevie is the most popular member, right?

Good. Just checking!!!
Old 10-18-2020, 01:56 PM
mitzo
This message has been deleted by mitzo. Reason: Wrong link
Old 10-18-2020, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I posted a 1994 Street Angel interview (in the Stevie forum) with Stevie that I found very interesting. She is off drugs and very clear and actually proud of Street Angel (May 1994).
$tevie claims the rest of the band was jealous of her solo career and never complimented her on it. How Lindsey never listened to Bella Donna, etc.

OMG, does anyone really believe Stevie listened to Go Insane or Christine McVie. How come she never complimented her fellow Mac members on their solo careers. Why do they have to compliment her only. Ego? Or was it because she was more successful and feels they should be drooling over her.
Another point she wont bring up is how much she got paid touring with the Mac. After the solo tours and especially 1987, 1990, and 1997 and beyond, $tevie made so much more than the rest of the members. How come she never insisted on equal treatment in the band that made her famous. Good grief, I could see why the band never mentioned her solo career with that kind of attitude.
Old 10-18-2020, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I posted a 1994 Street Angel interview (in the Stevie forum) with Stevie that I found very interesting. She is off drugs and very clear and actually proud of Street Angel (May 1994).
$tevie claims the rest of the band was jealous of her solo career and never complimented her on it. How Lindsey never listened to Bella Donna, etc.

OMG, does anyone really believe Stevie listened to Go Insane or Christine McVie. How come she never complimented her fellow Mac members on their solo careers. Why do they have to compliment her only. Ego? Or was it because she was more successful and feels they should be drooling over her.
Another point she wont bring up is how much she got paid touring with the Mac. After the solo tours and especially 1987, 1990, and 1997 and beyond, $tevie made so much more than the rest of the members. How come she never insisted on equal treatment in the band that made her famous. Good grief, I could see why the band never mentioned her solo career with that kind of attitude.
I love you for always being the voice of reason.
Old 10-18-2020, 04:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post

you must have like 80% of people on The Ledge blocked if that's what you see in the posts here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-18-2020, 05:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
yep. they are no-drama-no-emotion band. never built their career on emotional response to their albums.

no fans ever discussed their private lives, felt or sided with one or the other band member.

(i wish that was not the case.)

Old 10-18-2020, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post

I take everything she said in 1994 with a pound of salt. The emotional floodgates were fully opened after eight years of being on a tranquilizer. Remember how the band scared her? (John was the only one who publicly said anything about it, and it was priceless.)

Still, their lack of support for her solo career and Mick not giving her Silver Springs for her solo compilation were complete BS. Mick appeared on TWH and her Red Rocks “concert” video, and WB had control over how that version of Silver Springs was released, not Mick, and she knew that. Stevie was free to record a new version of the song, which she also knew.

The real reason was probably because her management though staying in Fleetwood Mac without Christine or Lindsey would hurt her career, her brand. (I think she should have made Mick, John, Billy, and Rick the core of her solo band and billed as something like “Stevie Nicks featuring Fleetwood Mac” and she’d be the boss.)

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-18-2020, 07:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

you must have like 80% of people on The Ledge blocked if that's what you see in the posts here.
Hmm...

So, you’re saying that the majority don’t want to hear from a particular person’s views on something and find it easier just to go into radio silence?

How ironic.

THE Stephen Hopkins