User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_drifter333 View Post
I think that's why the magazine went after Brett. The media has been trying to get to the truth since the firing. While the whole 1st part of the article is interesting, they went for the kill at the end with all the difficult questions that everyone's been dying to know, and Brett didn't disappoint. I do feel that he tried to be neutral with his answers, but the facts are the facts.
And I couldn't help but thinking while reading, that even IF Lindsey ever came back(which I don't ever want to see), that Brett probably shot his own chances of returning in the ass, for daring to tell the truth about the old hag. $he's bitter, and holds a grudge like nobody's bidness.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
And I couldn't help but thinking while reading, that even IF Lindsey ever came back(which I don't ever want to see), that Brett probably shot his own chances of returning in the ass, for daring to tell the truth about the old hag. $he's bitter, and holds a grudge like nobody's bidness.
Totally thought the same thing. Even if Lindsey returns, he can never bring Brett back. You burned your bridges Brett. She wants you as dead as Ken Caillat's dog.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Totally thought the same thing. Even if Lindsey returns, he can never bring Brett back. You burned your bridges Brett. She wants you as dead as Ken Caillat's dog.
Yeah, but god I love him for being the only one willing to tell the truth!
Old 10-15-2020, 10:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Something I think when I read these articles is that if SN was telling the truth why did she refuse to answer any questions about his firing when this all went down initially? It was like she knew she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if a reporter with any real interest or knowledge in the bands legacy etc brought up things like the 2012 tour delay, her refusal to make new music, etc.

I guess she figures since FM may never play again she can say whatever suits her becuase in her eyes she won the game.
Old 10-15-2020, 10:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post

I know Stevie wrote a letter to him after his heart attack …
No.

She told the L.A. Times that she did.
Her assistant may have sent something to Kristen [Buckingham], I don’t know. Lindsey was disappointed he didn’t hear anything from the band. They’re still family.

It would be great if you and Lindsey tour next year.
Stranger things have happened, my friend. I’d like to see that happen. What’s mind-blowing is that Lindsey has been so great about his attitude towards this. I know he’s been hurt. At the same time, he’s remained open about going back. He’s tried to reach out. He gets radio silence, but he’s trying. He may not always be as sensitive as they want him to be, but I know that he is open to working with them again.

If his wife had anything to say about it, he’d probably never go back. That’s because of all the pain that’s been caused. At the same time, I know that Lindsey, deep down inside, wants to have a chance to finish that legacy the right way, with him involved. I know he’d be up for it.

This sounds to me like Karen may have had the decency to realize something should be sent that acknowledged what happened to LB, and if she did she did not do it at the behest of Stevie; possibly she suggested it to Stevie or possibly she even just sent it from herself. What is clear is that there was no direct note from Stevie or order from Stevie to Karen to send something on her behalf.

Also interesting to note that in her "Karen" role for LB Kristen is righteously pissed off (which of course we saw via her social media posts). LB is the 'weak link' in that Brett makes it sound like he (LB) could be lured back if left to his own devices (one kind of got a sense of this from LB's tv interviews post firing). It's almost being set up like LB is caught between two women in his life-- his old girlfriend who dumped him twice (70s and now) once she got to a point where she didn't need him anymore, and his wife who has stuck it out and clearly taken the lead role in raising their 3 kids. Hopefully he stops looking backwards with any sort of nostalgia and accepts the reality that she's a narcissistic twat.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-15-2020 at 10:57 PM..
Old 10-15-2020, 11:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I do not like the term “redemption” for Lindsey. He did nothing to be forgiven for.

If Brett had allowed me to write the email, it would’ve stated “I hope one day there will be some vindication for Lindsey.”
Subconsciously revealing it WAS Lindsey's fault.. He can't well say his employer was to blame.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Something I think when I read these articles is that if SN was telling the truth why did she refuse to answer any questions about his firing when this all went down initially? It was like she knew she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if a reporter with any real interest or knowledge in the bands legacy etc brought up things like the 2012 tour delay, her refusal to make new music, etc.

I guess she figures since FM may never play again she can say whatever suits her becuase in her eyes she won the game.
What was the 2012 tour delay?
Old 10-15-2020, 11:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
Something I think when I read these articles is that if SN was telling the truth why did she refuse to answer any questions about his firing when this all went down initially?
I’m guessing legal told them not to say anything beyond what they said.

Quote:
It was like she knew she wouldn't have a leg to stand on if a reporter with any real interest or knowledge in the bands legacy etc brought up things like the 2012 tour delay, her refusal to make new music, etc.
I doubt any journalist would try to whatabout Stevie’s mainstream solo career to Lindsey’s specialty solo projects. All she would need to say about 2012 is that she wasn’t ready to deal with the drama of Fleetwood Mac that soon after the death of her mother. Furthermore, John was the oldest member at 66 in 2012 while Christine was the oldest at 75 in 2018, not to mention John had had a cancer scare, so it wasn’t the same equation.

As for not doing the new record, all she would need to say is that she didn’t like recording albums with Lindsey and that life’s too short. It’s not like that was a deep secret. She could even have said that they were free to fire her if they had wanted.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2020, 11:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
What was the 2012 tour delay?
She decided to extend the “In Your Dreams” tour with Rod Stewart.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnystorms View Post
Subconsciously revealing it WAS Lindsey's fault.. He can't well say his employer was to blame.
What was Lindsey's fault? No one has given any other excuse for his firing except Musicares and Brett's description of events is identical to what we'd already heard. It's not like he's been shielding Lindsey. If Lindsey did anything else besides get mad at the intro music and, possibly, smirk, then in the 1000 times people have had the opportunity to describe what else he might have done, no one has. He's not protecting his "employer." The objective facts protect his employer.

Did Lindsey annoy Stevie? No doubt. Did he do anything to justify what happened to him? No. Failing to bow down to someone who is your peer, despite the fact that she sees herself as your queen, does not justify getting fired from the band you made iconic.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Also interesting to note that in her "Karen" role for LB Kristen is righteously pissed off (which of course we saw via her social media posts). LB is the 'weak link' in that Brett makes it sound like he (LB) could be lured back if left to his own devices (one kind of got a sense of this from LB's tv interviews post firing). It's almost being set up like LB is caught between two women in his life-- his old girlfriend who dumped him twice (70s and now) once she got to a point where she didn't need him anymore, and his wife who has stuck it out and clearly taken the lead role in raising their 3 kids. Hopefully he stops looking backwards with any sort of nostalgia and accepts the reality that she's a narcissistic twat.
Right. it's been clear to me that Lindsey wants back. His fans may hope he's moved on, found contentment, just wants to do his own thing. I think that he's done no such thing. What can you do? To paraphrase a demon, if I was the one to watch over his thinking, he would never be tempted.. at all.

To be clear, I feel the lure myself. I wanted things to end differently. I'm heartbroken anew every single day since this happened. I regret it every time I hear an FM song. The harmonies of falling, falling, falling, fell me. I loved them and loved them together. I always wanted to say goodbye to him in a crowd of thousands of people. Not in an auditorium that seats 300. However, his groveling, giving in, and yearning for people who should be seeking his forgiveness is not the price I'm willing to pay for that to happen.

Last edited by michelej1; 10-16-2020 at 12:17 AM..
Old 10-16-2020, 12:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Right. it's been clear to me that Lindsey wants back. His fans may hope he's moved on, found contentment, just wants to do his own thing. I think that he's done no such thing. What can you do? To paraphrase a demon, if I was the one to watch over his thinking, he would never be tempted.. at all.

To be clear, I feel the lure myself. I wanted things to end differently. I'm heartbroken anew every single day since this happened. I regret it every time I hear an FM song. The harmonies of falling, falling, falling, fell me. I loved them and loved them together. I always wanted to say goodbye to him in a crowd of thousands of people. Not in an auditorium that seats 300. However, his groveling, giving in, and yearning for people who should be seeking his forgiveness is not the price I'm willing to pay for that to happen.
I agree, and it makes me sick.

He was THE ONE with the backbone. The one who stood up for his own artistic integrity. And now he's going to fold like a cheap lawn chair, and go rejoin $tevie Nick's Fleetwood Mac Fajita Roundup????? If he does, that's just f*cking PATHETIC!

Give in to that narcissistic old $%&*#???? I hope Kristen is able to talk some sense into him!
Old 10-16-2020, 12:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

We still don’t have an answer to what “that” is. What was “that” issue?

The only question that got answered is who the first singer was, and it sounds like Neil was the first choice from the outset.

“There were some key things”

Like what?

“There had been some meetings that didn’t go well and people would walk out. There was some pretty upset people at other people. A lot of this was coming from Stevie and Lindsey’s differences about how they viewed this next tour.”

What were those differences???

“But there were a couple of bad exchanges in meetings and other things that lead to some high drama with Stevie.”

What was the nature of those bad exchanges? What were the other things?

“After the Pretenders tour and the success of that, she had gotten to a place where she wasn’t going to bend on things. She wanted it to be her way more than the rest of the people did in the band.”

What things? What’s “it?”

“It was really between Lindsey wanting time for a little short run of his solo work and then get back to the Mac.”

So, he wanted a delay from what they were planning? Isn’t that basically what the band said? I guess I’m not seeing the lie. Maybe an exaggeration on time on Stevie’s part, but that’s hardly new for her.

Quote:
But tensions were building, Fleetwood said, because Buckingham would not sign off on a new tour they'd been planning for a year and a half.

"It became just a huge impasse and hit a brick wall, where we decided that we had to part company," Fleetwood said.
Quote:
"This team wanted to get out on the road. And one of the members did not want to get out on the road for a year," Nicks said. "We just couldn't agree.
The accounts line up surprisingly well.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-16-2020, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Just you wait. Now, Carlos will give an interview and say that Lindsey is scum of the earth. Battle of the back up musicians.

I love the way Brett described Lindsey's work on the songs, so you didn't even realize what instruments were really being used, the way he sped up or slowed down. Mick made me laugh when he said you'd have to beg the guy to stop trying to make his guitar sound like a violin. Brett reminded me of that.
Old 10-16-2020, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What was Lindsey's fault? No one has given any other excuse for his firing except Musicares and Brett's description of events is identical to what we'd already heard. It's not like he's been shielding Lindsey. If Lindsey did anything else besides get mad at the intro music and, possibly, smirk, then in the 1000 times people have had the opportunity to describe what else he might have done, no one has. He's not protecting his "employer." The objective facts protect his employer.

Did Lindsey annoy Stevie? No doubt. Did he do anything to justify what happened to him? No. Failing to bow down to someone who is your peer, despite the fact that she sees herself as your queen, does not justify getting fired from the band you made iconic.
YEARS of belittling and minimizing Stevie. go back to kicking her onstage in Australia!! She's supposed to forget that?