The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-25-2013, 05:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just found the show on TVFreeload.I'll download it later.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[There's a video clip with Sarah Paulson on the After Ellen site]

http://www.afterellen.com/afternoon-delight-8/10/2013/

American Horror Story: Coven star Sarah Paulson dished on her new film 12 Years a Slave and playing a “very un-Sarah Paulson-esque person.”

And, in case you’re wondering, Stevie Nicks is “comfortable” with how she and her music are being referenced in AHS: Coven. I always want Stevie to be comfortable, so this info makes me happy.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank goodness for the internet. I just played a couple minutes of AHS .I think I'm going to like this show.I guess the producers and the writers were fans of David Lynch too beside being a Stevie fan too.

I'll watch more this weekend.

Old 10-26-2013, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally want a Stevie cameo. She could give Jessica Lange a run for her money. Supreme, watch out.
Old 10-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I totally want a Stevie cameo. She could give Jessica Lange a run for her money. Supreme, watch out.
I thought the same thing! But like a good witch, an archnemesis.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Except that Jessica is a two time Academy award winning actress and Stevie cannot even convincingly play herself..

Old 10-30-2013, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love this season of AHS, as I did the other 2. But I'm actually a bit disappointed in the use of Stevie's music so far though. I want deeper cuts, darker subject - GDW, Moonlight, SOTM, TISL. I fear they will only use her hits & it could be so much better with the "witcher" songs. Rhiannon was a no-brainer, but Edge? I don't get any connection there. Even Sara was a huge stretch, although it was in a scene with Misty & Kyle.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I love this season of AHS, as I did the other 2. But I'm actually a bit disappointed in the use of Stevie's music so far though. I want deeper cuts, darker subject - GDW, Moonlight, SOTM, TISL. I fear they will only use her hits & it could be so much better with the "witcher" songs. Rhiannon was a no-brainer, but Edge? I don't get any connection there. Even Sara was a huge stretch, although it was in a scene with Misty & Kyle.
While I too have been hoping for deeper cuts, I can't disagree with the tracks used so far, and the ways in which they were used.

Edge Of Seventeen is somewhat about being fierce in the face of death & adversity... so Misty reviving the poached gators, and then those revived gators taking out their poachers, was pretty appropriate in my eyes.

We knew Rhiannon had to be used... after all, like Misty said, it was Stevie's anthem. And the song definitely alludes to a witchy woman. They couldn't NOT use Rhiannon.

Regarding Sara... I thought it's usage was brilliant. The song is about an intense, short-lived love. One that might possibly be rekindled, but is definitely gone. That's pretty much exactly what happened with Misty & Kyle... Misty was falling for him, but Zoe came back to claim Kyle, leaving Misty heartbroken. I thought the implementation of Sara was beautiful, reverent, & unexpected, I loved it!

I'm looking so forward to tonight's episode. I'm sad to say, this has become the highlight of my week! The only way American Horror will disappoint me with their Stevie song choices is if they don't implement Sisters Of The Moon.
Old 10-30-2013, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Halloween show write up:

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...orward-to.html

•No Stevie Nicks this episode. Shame. But we do get Alexandra Breckenridge, so that's fun.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Stevie makes a cameo, I think it will be very brief and would certainly involve misty. Perhaps Misty will meet her end, and stevie appears as the white witch to take her away? (Cue SOTM song). hahaha
Old 10-31-2013, 03:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
While I too have been hoping for deeper cuts, I can't disagree with the tracks used so far, and the ways in which they were used.

Edge Of Seventeen is somewhat about being fierce in the face of death & adversity... so Misty reviving the poached gators, and then those revived gators taking out their poachers, was pretty appropriate in my eyes.

We knew Rhiannon had to be used... after all, like Misty said, it was Stevie's anthem. And the song definitely alludes to a witchy woman. They couldn't NOT use Rhiannon.

Regarding Sara... I thought it's usage was brilliant. The song is about an intense, short-lived love. One that might possibly be rekindled, but is definitely gone. That's pretty much exactly what happened with Misty & Kyle... Misty was falling for him, but Zoe came back to claim Kyle, leaving Misty heartbroken. I thought the implementation of Sara was beautiful, reverent, & unexpected, I loved it!

I'm looking so forward to tonight's episode. I'm sad to say, this has become the highlight of my week! The only way American Horror will disappoint me with their Stevie song choices is if they don't implement Sisters Of The
Moon.
YES. YES TO ALL THIS^^^
Old 10-31-2013, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm looking so forward to tonight's episode. I'm sad to say, this has become the highlight of my week! The only way American Horror will disappoint me with their Stevie song choices is if they don't implement Sisters Of The Moon.
I'll give you Sara, but I still disagree on Edge.

I feel that if Misty truly is all alone in the swamp, listening to Stevie all day & being an obsessed fan, she'll listen to deeper stuff, especially songs with darker themes. It feel almost like a disservice to make her such a superficial fangirl.
Old 10-31-2013, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was there any Stevie in the latest show.

BTW . They are not going to use songs that the general public does not know. They probably will stick with her popular tunes.So we are do to hear Rhiannon ,Landslide and so on.

Or we might get surprised.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I feel that if Misty truly is all alone in the swamp, listening to Stevie all day & being an obsessed fan, she'll listen to deeper stuff, especially songs with darker themes. It feel almost like a disservice to make her such a superficial fangirl.
I agree with you wholeheartedly. That being said, I'm just thrilled they're featuring Stevie in such a hot show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Was there any Stevie in the latest show..
No Stevie songs were in this past episode, but it was still great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
BTW . They are not going to use songs that the general public does not know. They probably will stick with her popular tunes.So we are do to hear Rhiannon ,Landslide and so on.
This.
Old 10-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with you wholeheartedly. That being said, I'm just thrilled they're featuring Stevie in such a hot show.

No Stevie songs were in this past episode, but it was still great!

This.
Thanks Louie.

I'll probably watch it online later anyway.