Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-15-2004, 12:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Angry What a cheapskate!

I was shocked to read how little "The Donald" gave to charity considering all his wealth.

Even more shocking to me is that SOB didn't give one red cent to any 9/11 funds.

Take a look at this:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/doc_o_day/doc_o_day.html

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can't believe that!

I don't like rich people like that. In fact, I hope to not become rich and turn into someone who doesn't care about anyone else but themselves.

Even though not all rich people are like that, we are seeing that here with Donald.

(referring to the "Death Star" laser)
Dr. Evil- "...I thought we'd name it in his honor: The Alan Parsons Project."
Scott- "The Alan Parsons Project was a progressive rock band from 1982. Why don't you just name it Operation Wang Chung?"
Old 01-15-2004, 07:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

That sucks if that is all Trump donated on any level and to any organization. But, what is the "Donald J. Trump Foundation?" It could be that Trump donated via another company or individually; the article does not say and names only that one organization - Trump owns namy organizations. Interestingly, here is an article that appears to cast Trump in a more charitable light in general toward the end of the article - to wit:

A native of New York City, Mr. Trump is a graduate of The Wharton School of Finance. Involved in numerous civic and charitable organizations, he is a member of the Board of Directors for the Police Athletic League and United Cerebral Palsy. Mr. Trump also serves as a Chairman of the Donald J. Trump Foundation as well as Co-Chairman and builder of the New York Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial Fund. In 1995, he served as the Grand Marshal of the largest parade ever held in New York, The Nation’s Parade, which celebrated the 50th anniversary of the end of World War II.

Mr. Trump is a founding member of both the Committee to Complete Construction of the Cathedral of St. John the Divine and The Wharton School Real Estate Center. Mr. Trump was also a committee member of the Celebration of Nations commemorating the 50th anniversary of the United Nations and UNICEF. More recently, Mr. Trump was designated “The Developer of the Year” by the Construction Management Association of America. In June 2000, he received his greatest honor of all, the Hotel and Real Estate Visionary of the Century, given by the UJA Federation, and in 2003 was named to the Benefactors Board of Directors by the Historical Society of Palm Beach County.

http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Apprentic..._J._Trump.html

In any event, I am not defending "The Donald" - I am just shocked as you are that the "Donald J. Trump Foundation" -whatever that is - gave so little and hope that The Donald gave more via other methods.

save the cheerleader - save the world

Last edited by strandinthewind; 01-15-2004 at 08:15 AM..
Old 01-15-2004, 09:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is what my mom's always used to say about rich/cheap people, "Well, how do you think they keep all their money?" Or something to that effect lol....still I don't understand it....but you see it again and again, rich people are the worst tippers etc...it's really a shame...all that money, you might as well do something useful with it!!