Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:37 AM
Ledgie

Default Wembley last night

Massive thanks to the two very kind women who let me stand right at the front. Quite a gig. Christine was in the crowd, Stevie dedicated Landslide to her.

Some pics:

Just a brilliant end to the UK tour
Old 11-07-2009, 05:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Massive thanks to the two very kind women who let me stand right at the front. Quite a gig. Christine was in the crowd, Stevie dedicated Landslide to her.

Some pics:

Just a brilliant end to the UK tour
Hey.... I think you were standing right next to me! I've got some pictures to add later
Old 11-07-2009, 05:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Hey.... I think you were standing right next to me! I've got some pictures to add later
So Pip, was this better than last Friday's show we were at would you say?
Old 11-07-2009, 05:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
So Pip, was this better than last Friday's show we were at would you say?
Pretty much the same. Both were fab!
Old 11-07-2009, 05:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Pretty much the same. Both were fab!
I didnt think they had any luxury boxes there in Wembley. Do you suppose Christine was sitting in with the rest of the crowd?
Old 11-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidMn View Post
I didnt think they had any luxury boxes there in Wembley. Do you suppose Christine was sitting in with the rest of the crowd?
I was told she was in the tiered seats to Stevie's right
Old 11-07-2009, 07:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

If that was Christine in the stands to Stevie's right, I saw her. I couldn't recognize the face, but her hair was, you know how you have one ponytail to the side (like Suzanne Somers wore and like Chris wore in that one picture with her hand on her hip). That's how her hair was and she had a colored scarf in it and she was practically jumping up and down in her seat. That's the woman everyone told me was Christine, but I didn't really believe it.

I did see both Lindsey and Stevie look over there, but I thought Stevie was looking at the crowd and Lindsey was looking over and grinning and I figured maybe he was looking at Brett. I don't know . . .

Stu, that's great you got a guitar pick. I saw Lindsey hand them out.

Michele
Old 11-07-2009, 07:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

It was a fantastic night, standing right by Stevie she looked great, she seemed happier than last Sat night and held some good notes. I took some paper flowers my daughter made and wrapped them in lace, and Stevie came over at the end and took them from me with a big smile and said thank you - wow

I don't know where Christine was situated.

The acoustics last night were better than last Sat night, and there seemed to be more energy on stage.

Great to see Silver Springs and where Stevie takes that song at the end is wonderful.

Just didn't want it all to end!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 08:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
It was a fantastic night, standing right by Stevie she looked great, she seemed happier than last Sat night and held some good notes. I took some paper flowers my daughter made and wrapped them in lace, and Stevie came over at the end and took them from me with a big smile and said thank you - wow
Oh, I saw Stevie take those paper flowers and also some roses in cellophane. How exciting that you saw her with your gift. Michele
Old 11-07-2009, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems like it was a realy great send of the European tour last night! Thanks for the pics!
And how cool that Chris was in the audience!

Old 11-07-2009, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

i am so happy you guys had fun!!!~ & happy to know christine was there~ i hope someone recorded landslide~
Old 11-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Senior Ledgie

I hope so too. I had a nightmare first with British Rail missed the first train, then the train i got on broke down and then when i got off to change trains it was pouring with rain got completely soaked, my handbag broke and fell on the floor. Then when I got to Wembley took my camera out of my bag and it had got broken in my bag - so no photos, videos from me

There was a man going around to people who were recording in the front telling them to stop - don't know who he was, and people did just stop recording.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liza View Post
There was a man going around to people who were recording in the front telling them to stop - don't know who he was, and people did just stop recording.
Yes, I wasn't recording, but the guy told me my camera was too big. He showed me his badge and said he was with the band. His badge just said "all access." My camera is an all in one. It's not a professional camera. The lens is not removable and although it is thicker than most cameras depth wise, it is the same length and width as all the pocket cameras everyone was freely using. I wasn't using a flash and I wasn't videoing anything. Plus, I was off to the side. I don't know what kind of infringing use he thought I could possibly get out of the pictures I was taking. I was nonplussed.

That's a shame about your camera. I let mine get rained on and I was afraid it would malfunction. And it's just Murphy's Law that your handbag would break at just that moment.

I tried to take a taxi to the event because other Ledgies had reported construction that slowed down the train and I wanted to avoid that. But the cab driver acted like I was harassing him by offering him to pay 40 pounds or whatever else it would have cost to get me there. He said, "I have things to do tonight." Apparently, his job wasn't one of those things. I told him I didn't want to try to learn the train route at the last minute. He told me to brace up and try to conquer that mental challenge. "All you have to do is tell them you want a ticket on the Metropolitan line. There's only one stop before Wembley. You can't get lost."

He dropped me off at the Baker station (practically forced me out) and I got there in time, but was wearing sneakers and my feet were soaked. Achoo!

Michele
Old 11-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I wasn't recording, but the guy told me my camera was too big. He showed me his badge and said he was with the band. His badge just said "all access." My camera is an all in one. It's not a professional camera. The lens is not removable and although it is thicker than most cameras depth wise, it is the same length and width as all the pocket cameras everyone was freely using. I wasn't using a flash and I wasn't videoing anything. Plus, I was off to the side. I don't know what kind of infringing use he thought I could possibly get out of the pictures I was taking. I was nonplussed.

That's a shame about your camera. I let mine get rained on and I was afraid it would malfunction. And it's just Murphy's Law that your handbag would break at just that moment.

I tried to take a taxi to the event because other Ledgies had reported construction that slowed down the train and I wanted to avoid that. But the cab driver acted like I was harassing him by offering him to pay 40 pounds or whatever else it would have cost to get me there. He said, "I have things to do tonight." Apparently, his job wasn't one of those things. I told him I didn't want to try to learn the train route at the last minute. He told me to brace up and try to conquer that mental challenge. "All you have to do is tell them you want a ticket on the Metropolitan line. There's only one stop before Wembley. You can't get lost."

He dropped me off at the Baker station (practically forced me out) and I got there in time, but was wearing sneakers and my feet were soaked. Achoo!

Michele
Michele, didn't security tell people at the first Wembley show that the Band welcomed people taking pictures? I thought that odd at that time when someone wrote that. Maybe they didn't like their online photos. Your story is an interesting one. That cab driver was strange. Too bad you couldn't find another one. How did you get home from the show? Have you met up with any Ledgies today?
Viv
Old 11-07-2009, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Michele, didn't security tell people at the first Wembley show that the Band welcomed people taking pictures? I thought that odd at that time when someone wrote that. Maybe they didn't like their online photos. Your story is an interesting one. That cab driver was strange. Too bad you couldn't find another one. How did you get home from the show? Have you met up with any Ledgies today?
Viv
That security person didn't have problems with all cameras. He just told me mine was too big. Mine has a big lens (not one of the detachable ones that photographers use), but the body of the camera isn't big.

I got a cab home. I went to Wembley station, but all of us were leaving at the same time, so it was really crowded. So, I saw a cab dropping someone off and I got in. The traffic on the way back wasn't as bad as on the way there.

Michele