The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-10-2018, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They FIRED Lindsey and we are worrying about him saying the wrong thing in the interview?????????
Old 12-10-2018, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
They FIRED Lindsey and we are worrying about him saying the wrong thing in the interview?????????
Ironic, isn't it?
Old 12-10-2018, 07:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He is being SO honest in interviews lately. No canned responses and I LOVE it.

BUCKINGHAM: I did this thing with Christine last year, which was actually a really nice album. We had a ball taking it out on the road. Initially, the idea was that maybe we do a Fleetwood Mac album. She was still not in the band, but Mick and John and I had gone in with Mitchell Froom and cut some songs. So a few of the things of mine were already there, and of course when we got to that point and tried to engage Stevie in that idea, she didn’t want to do it.

STEREOGUM: Didn’t want to do an album?

BUCKINGHAM: No. And I’m the one who gets fired, right?

STEREOGUM: I read you haven’t spoken to any of them since then.

BUCKINGHAM: I haven’t spoken to any of them. Once we signed some papers a few weeks ago, I did hear from Christine in an email, as I expected to. I know Mick would probably like to, but I think he’s too embarrassed and just a little too weak-willed to do it. I won’t hear from Stevie because it was all her trip anyway. Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Totally agree. He’s got nothing to hide, no need to sit on edge awaiting a response. He’s successfully refuted the bands comments from April about why he’s not with them. In settling the lawsuit, and these 2 recent interviews has successfully answered the question, and the lawsuit getting settled refutes the bands claims. His mentioned comments specifically made by people (Azoff) so clearly he’s aware if any of his (LB) comments are untrue, he’s going to hear from band management. He’s pushed the envelope a bit with some of his remarks, good for him. He seems to be in a settled place and I am almost wondering if his not trying to “get” the band to actually respond to him
Refreshing to see a multidimensional perspective on the whole saga too.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:53 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
BUCKINGHAM: Again, I just have to forgive them because it’s really just Stevie being so needy for a certain kind of attention and maybe not wanting to compete with the vitality that I have.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Again, he should not muse publicly about Stevie's motives, personal feelings, or insecurities. Unlike with Anthony Mason, this time he was not even asked to do so.

If you're going to take the high road, take the high road.

My concern with remarks like these is not so much Stevie but rather how Lindsey comes off.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:31 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Again, he should not muse publicly about Stevie's motives, personal feelings, or insecurities. Unlike with Anthony Mason, this time he was not even asked to do so.

My concern with remarks like these is not so much Stevie but rather how Lindsey comes off.
Absolutely.

On one hand his comments kinda make sense, because this whole thing surely must've hurt him. On the other hand, I worry that the things he is saying will keep any chance of him returning at zero.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

The man was fired and lied about by her on national TV, and dropped from all contact with them. I'd suggest he can say what he likes; as it happens, he's just speaking (what he sees as) hard truths that no one else would dare tell her, and with no other way to get through to her. He's like Harry truthspeaking to Voldemort at the end, trying to save his soul. But more importantly, he's defending and asserting himself, so good for him.

He comes off as someone who was wronged, is looking for answers in the time that's left, and above all is (inexplicably) forgiving. But I guess he's done with being a reticent pushover in terms of the public record.

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-10-2018 at 08:42 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 08:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Absolutely.

On one hand his comments kinda make sense, because this whole thing surely must've hurt him. On the other hand, I worry that the things he is saying will keep any chance of him returning at zero.
All else aside, if you have to qualify the statement with "maybe" or "possibly" then there's no way you should be making it publicly.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
The man was fired and lied about by her on national TV, and dropped from all contact with them. He can say what the hell he likes, and he's just speaking hard truths that no one else would dare tell her, and with no other way to get through to her. He's like Harry truthspeaking to Voldemort at the end, trying to save his soul. But more importantly, he's defending and asserting himself, so good for him.

He comes off as someone who was wronged, is looking for answers in the time that's left, and above all is (inexplicably) forgiving.
Agreed, this was easily the most interesting and honest interview we have read from a current or past member of Fleetwood Mac in a long time.

Lindsey has been slandered, had his contributions to the band marginalised, and has for close to 16 years since SYW had Stevie trash him in the press; without ever stooping to that level. Quite frankly, everything Lindsey is quoted as saying or waxing lyrical about are ideas that have been floated by the FM fan community. If anything, this goes someways to justifying some of the opinions held around these parts. Furthermore, if the band had not froze him out do we really think he would be making these claims? They brought this all on themselves.

This article feels like Lindsey is talking to us his fans! I'm sure his detractors will whine loudly, but he will walk away “so fast that palm tree tops will fall on his head”
Old 12-10-2018, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
All else aside, if you have to qualify the statement with "maybe" or "possibly" then there's no way you should be making it publicly.
lol really?? The notion that Stevie is "so needy for a certain kind of attention"?

Yeah, definitely need to phrase that with a "maybe"! (<-- sarcasm!)

Plus, you think that Lindsey, after all these decades with Stevie since high school, wouldn't have insight into some basic hallmarks of her psyche??

If you're referring more about the "vitality" remark, that just comes across as Lindsey-speak for his creative output etc., in the context of telling the musical world that they were all doing a Fleetwood Mac album but Stevie refused to contribute, and then proceeded to orchestrate his removal, replace him with her best buddy, and pin the blame for it on him Lindsey. Considering this explosive context, the man is being restrained in his discourse.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Absolutely.

I don't even want him to go back. Screw them!!!! You know who comes off badly in this??? Stevie that's who.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know who comes off badly in this??? Stevie that's who.
All the more reason to draw a contrast. His legacy (and his power) only suffer with public musings on these matters, however well informed. He needs to win the public relations battle in a rout.

Last edited by cbBen; 12-10-2018 at 08:59 PM..
Old 12-10-2018, 09:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

**** public opinion, Lindsey is about his fans and only his fans.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
All the more reason to draw a contrast. His legacy (and his power) only suffer with public musings on these matters, however well informed. He needs to win the public relations battle in a rout.
We live in a brave new era of truth-telling and not tolerating bullying.
I say let the victims have their moment.
He's clearly keen to move on when the time comes (for himself that is; for Fleetwood Mac he seems keen to not wave the white flag at her scorched earth approach to their legacy, which should be good news for any fans on this Rumours forum).

Last edited by DownOnRodeo; 12-10-2018 at 09:16 PM..