User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-18-2018, 07:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Yeah ..what she mentioned was that she cannot write the way she used to because she is no longer having tumultuous romances and partying like a rock star.The last album of mostly new material that she released was largely a co-write with Dave Stewart and for the Fleetwood Mac EP all she could kick in was an unlistenable update of a Buckingham/Nicks outtake. I'm afraid the well has pretty much run dry.

well, she should have LOADS to write about this year
after being a money grubbing backstabbing biaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Old 09-18-2018, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Funny how people can’t read, either. She has said she is not writing as much, and that she is not writing the same kind of sex and rock and roll songs, not that she has completely stopped writing.
“I don’t write as many songs anymore because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if they’re very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can,” Nicks said. “We don’t have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless you’re under 20 you’re not going to sell many records.”
https://www.axs.com/stevie-nicks-say...m-again-113345

:')
Old 09-18-2018, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel86 View Post
well, she should have LOADS to write about this year
after being a money grubbing backstabbing biaaaaaaaaaaaatch
Lol ikr. Probably the most dramatic thing that's gone on in her life in decades. But she's also old. In general I wouldn't fault someone in their 60s and 70s for not having the same creative streak as someone in their 20s and 30s. But the thing with Stevie is that she seems to talk about all the writing she does all the time and yet where is it? The last album she released was 4 years ago and it was a bunch of decades old demos rerecorded. If she has new material why does she seem to be afraid of actually releasing it.
Old 09-19-2018, 05:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It is really frustrating that she will not do more albums. Her last two received good critical acclaim, even if they did not sell millions. Shouldn't critical acclaim motivate her?
Old 09-19-2018, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
It is really frustrating that she will not do more albums. Her last two received good critical acclaim, even if they did not sell millions. Shouldn't critical acclaim motivate her?
Remember the book she was writing? She's been talking about that book since Wild Heart.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
“I don’t write as many songs anymore because with the internet, the way that kids listen to music, all the streaming, and the fact that if they’re very savvy, if they want to get it and not pay for it, they can,” Nicks said. “We don’t have the impetus to write 20 songs because we know that unless you’re under 20 you’re not going to sell many records.”
https://www.axs.com/stevie-nicks-say...m-again-113345

:')
Exactly. Read the first sentence. I. Don’t. Write. As. Many. Songs.

Not the same as “I no longer write.”

The second part is about quantity too.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lol ikr. Probably the most dramatic thing that's gone on in her life in decades. But she's also old. In general I wouldn't fault someone in their 60s and 70s for not having the same creative streak as someone in their 20s and 30s. But the thing with Stevie is that she seems to talk about all the writing she does all the time and yet where is it? The last album she released was 4 years ago and it was a bunch of decades old demos rerecorded. If she has new material why does she seem to be afraid of actually releasing it.
Hello? There is nothing unusual about this. Look at the years her records came out and notice the gaps. I know you are still in the throes of your tantrum but give me a break.
Old 09-19-2018, 09:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Remember the book she was writing? She's been talking about that book since Wild Heart.
And hasn’t she since said MANY times was not going to do it until everyone is even older than they are now, if it all?

People always talk about pipe dreams or potential projects. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don’t. Christine’s blues album, for example.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly. Read the first sentence. I. Don’t. Write. As. Many. Songs.

Not the same as “I no longer write.”

The second part is about quantity too.
I'm well aware that's what she said which is exactly what I was saying is quite obvious.
Old 09-19-2018, 11:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hello? There is nothing unusual about this. Look at the years her records came out and notice the gaps. I know you are still in the throes of your tantrum but give me a break.
I'm not in the "throes" of any tantrum at all and if you'd like a "break" a helpful idea would be to not bother replying to posts you don't like or disagree with especially when those posts aren't even engaging in discussion with you to begin with
Old 09-19-2018, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
When she was doing some of the press for the IYD movie she was talking about the sales of the album and how they disappointed her, she said something like "200 thousand is good if you're a smaller artist but not if you're Stevie Nicks" and talked more about how the internet is ruining everything. I think she really invested her hopes and dreams into that album and probably thought it would go platinum or something like that and then when it didn't it left a bad taste in her mouth about releasing new albums in this day and age.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
And hasn’t she since said MANY times was not going to do it until everyone is even older than they are now, if it all?

People always talk about pipe dreams or potential projects. Sometimes they happen, sometimes they don’t. Christine’s blues album, for example.
Exactly, Christine's blues album will come with $tevie's book.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Paris Jackson? I thought the photos were The Rose.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I'm not in the "throes" of any tantrum at all and if you'd like a "break" a helpful idea would be to not bother replying to posts you don't like or disagree with especially when those posts aren't even engaging in discussion with you to begin with
I saw you jumping up and down when you typed this.
Old 09-19-2018, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

No matter how nice you are or how much sense you make they will always say you are wrong and then make fun of you or say you weren't even being addressed...despite the fact that this is a board open to all members. This board is a total joke anymore. It is a place for miserable individuals to come be miserable together. I have tried and tried to stop this but the moderators don't care and often participate in these activities themselves. They make up the rules as they go along to fit their own agendas. its totally ridiculous. Sorry it is happening to you now.