User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-09-2002, 06:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Question Unreleased Christine McVie/Dennis Wilson

Greetings ...
Does anybody out there have any further details on the 'supposed' late 70's compositions by Christine McVie and her then-boyfriend Dennis Wilson (late of The Beach Boys) ?
According to various BB sources the twosome worked on a number of songs during their somewhat turbulent "Tusk-era" relationship (Dennis appears in a couple of small pix on the "Tusk" inner-sleeves) but nothing appears to have ever come to light ... at least not on the BB circuit. Anything doing the rounds on the Mac circuit ???
Thanks !
Old 05-09-2002, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I've heard rumors in BB forums about some collaborations too. I've never heard of anyone who had them, if they do indeed exist. The story I'd heard was that Christine has them in her possession and they are personal belongings that she simply doesn't want to make public. Sorry I can't help.
Old 05-09-2002, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Christine is obviously singing harmonies on the Dennis Wilson penned Beach Boys tune "Love Surrounds Me" from the Beach Boys' "The Light Album". An amazing blend of voices between Dennis, Carl & Christine (and maybe Al Jardine &/or Bruce Johnston, too)
Old 05-15-2002, 01:34 PM
Junior Ledgie

Thumbs up

Thanks for the replies guys !
I guess we may never know the full extent of Christine & Dennis's collaborations but, as you quite rightly state, "Love Surrounds Me" (from the BB's "L.A. Light Album") is a fine example of how they possibly worked and blended together in the studio.
Seeing that this great tune (co-written by Dennis) originated out of the sessions for Dennis's unfinished second solo album ("Bamboo") there's every possibility that Christine also appeared on other tracks from these sessions ... all of which circulate quite freely amongst BB collectors. She may not be instantly recogniseable amongst the unfinished songs-in-progress but they're all worth a listen for those of you out there who remain unfamiliar with DW's work ... Check 'em out !!
Old 05-15-2002, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Just an FYI...

That Beach Boys' "Light Album" also contains Carl Wilson's song "Angel Come Home" (lead vocals by Dennis). Billy Burnette & Lindsey collaborated on a cover version for Mick Fleetwood's Zoo's "I'm Not Me" album (a version so good, that it's one of the few "covers" that comes close to outdoing the original...but then I AM biased that way

Old 05-15-2002, 02:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Cool

Yes, I do recall hearing that Billy/Lindsey version of "Angel Come Home" sometime in the past (tho' I don't actually own a copy myself) but being an avid BB collector - and more of an 'interested' Fleetwood Mac listener - I personally have to stick by the Beach Boys version ! You simply cannot topple a Dennis & Carl Wilson collaboration !!!!
In a similar BB/Mac vein, what's the general feeling amongst Mac fans of their take on big brother Brian's song "Farmer's Daughter" ??? And why hasn't the double 'live' album it appeared on ever appeared on CD ?? (or has it, and I simply missed it ...). And finally, of course, lest we not forget Lindsey's wonderful tribute to Dennis with his "DW Suite" and Christine's inspirational "Only Over You" ...
Have I missed anything ??!!
Old 05-15-2002, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Some really interesting information I'm reading here about Dennis, Christine & the Beach Boys!!!!!! Wow!

Anyway, yes, Fleetwood Mac's Live double album IS on cd as well.....I own it.....it's a 2-cd set......it doesn't seem to be as easy to find as all of the other albums though.

And I personally LOVE the Mac's Farmer's Daughter.......I think Stevie's, Lindsey's & Christine's harmonies together are wonderful....one of the best!!!! Love it, love it!!!!

Stephanie

He fell for her again...she watched it happen...every day...day by day...but MORE important...NIGHT BY NIGHT!!--Thrown Down
Old 05-16-2002, 03:17 PM
Junior Ledgie

Exclamation

Hey - shame on me ... I missed out one BB/Mac collaboration !
That being the joint composition & production by Brian Wilson & Lindsey Buckingham "He Couldn't Get His Poor Old Body To Move", released as a flip-side to BW's "Love & Mercy" single in 1988. Tho' the 45 is not always easy to find today the track can still be located as a 'bonus' offering on the Rhino Records re-issue of Brian's debut solo album.
"Good Vibrations" it isn't ... "Go Your Own Way" (or even my personal favourite, "Trouble") it isn't ... but hey, it's dumb and it's fun !
Old 05-16-2002, 04:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by chiliD
Just an FYI...

That Beach Boys' "Light Album" also contains Carl Wilson's song "Angel Come Home" (lead vocals by Dennis). Billy Burnette & Lindsey collaborated on a cover version for Mick Fleetwood's Zoo's "I'm Not Me" album (a version so good, that it's one of the few "covers" that comes close to outdoing the original...but then I AM biased that way

I didn't know Lindsey appeared on Angel Come Home, I thought he only appeared on I Want You Back.
But after downloading Angel from audiogalaxy, I am sure I can hear Lindsey in the vocal harmonies.

Did Lindsey appear on any of the other tracks on I'm Not Me?

http://stillgoinginsane.fleetwoodmac-uk.com
Still Going Insane - A Lindsey Buckingham Resource