Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-12-2014, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard, by Erin Strecker, 10/11/14

http://www.billboard.com/articles/62...we-want-to-see

From a list of Five Things Fans Want to See Bill Hader do on SNL:

2. An incomplete list of skits and impressions we want to see from Hader: An American Horror Story spoof, a Gone Girl spoof, a Stefon appearance, a return of "Keith Morrison" (arguably his funniest impression), and -- please please please -- with Fleetwood Mac back in the news this week, perhaps a return engagement for Lindsey Buckingham?
Old 02-27-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Bill Hader to host SNL

https://www.avclub.com/upcoming-snl-...g-k-1823178111

Newswire
Upcoming SNL hosts include Charles Barkley, Sterling K. Brown, and Bill Hader

This morning, Saturday Night Live announced the next three hosts who will be stopping by the sketch comedy institution, with the ever-divisive Charles Barkley kicking things off after the winter break on March 3 with Migos as the musical guest. The following week, Sterling K. Brown will almost certainly appear in a This Is Us sketch when he hosts, and then Bill Hader will hopefully do his best to resurrect as many recurring bits as he can when he hosts on March 17. Stefon seems like an obvious choice for another appearance, but it would be a shame if he didn’t do another “What’s Up With That” with Kenan Thompson. After all, Hader’s Lindsey Buckingham always had so many interesting things worth sharing—when there was time.

James Bay will be the musical guest for Sterling K. Brown’s episode, and Arcade Fire will stop by Studio 8H for Bill Hader’s episode.

Bill Hader episode will air March 17.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2020, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

what's up with that was back on SNL last night after several years!

this was at-home version, with "LB" losing his zoom connection -

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-26-2020, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

apparently it's been 7 years!

Old 04-26-2020, 03:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I haven't watched SNL for YEARS, and I was giving it a chance last night.

The LB bit was straight out of the gate, and I thought the whole bit was so annoying that I turned it off when the LB character didn't get to say anything.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I haven't watched SNL for YEARS, and I was giving it a chance last night.

The LB bit was straight out of the gate, and I thought the whole bit was so annoying that I turned it off when the LB character didn't get to say anything.
like, that's the whole point of the gag.

The show host is so blabby and full of himself he never gets through his roster of guests. Sometimes he only gets to one, sometimes two, but never the third guest.

For some reason Hader decided to play LB as the third guest, who never, ever gets his turn at bat. LB actually showed up for one show. Sadly they didn't actually have Hader on this time but when they were live he would have a good grasp of Lindsey's various mannerisms and facial expressions. Sure, not the funniest sketch they've ever done, but for an LB fan the fact he had clearly studied the real character along with the idea that LB being shut out of speaking had a certain humor to it.
Old 04-27-2020, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

The show host is so blabby and full of himself he never gets through his roster of guests. Sometimes he only gets to one, sometimes two, but never the third guest.

For some reason Hader decided to play LB as the third guest, who never, ever gets his turn at bat. LB actually showed up for one show. Sadly they didn't actually have Hader on this time but when they were live he would have a good grasp of Lindsey's various mannerisms and facial expressions. Sure, not the funniest sketch they've ever done, but for an LB fan the fact he had clearly studied the real character along with the idea that LB being shut out of speaking had a certain humor to it.
No, I GOT it. I thought the entire thing was just stupid.

I read comments from "average Joe's" on FB that are funnier than that skit. For me, it was far more annoying than funny.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

my theory is that it was Fred Armisen's idea. he's a big music fan and connoisseur, plays a few instruments himself, and i think he must be a big Lindsey fan.

Bill Hader was just the one chosen to play LB. idea came from Fred. it's been great for popular culture exposure to Lindsey's name.

Old 05-01-2020, 09:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Post In my opinion

this skit should have been retired (which I thought they would do) when Lindsey finally appeared in it. It's just not funny anymore if it ever really was.

Lee