Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Smile Hard game for ledgies

Ok, I was in the shower yesterday and got this cruel idea..

Let's suppose Fleetwood Mac goes again with a very short tour in 2005. Kind of "One Nigh Only" shows (one concert per continent). That's because Christine accepted to rejoin with a new studio album, but doesn't want the pressure of a long tour, and doesn't want to leave England for long time.

And the band looks for their die hard fans to invite them to first row seats, with backstage tour and a special dinner. So they found the best fans at the Ledge. The invitation includes everything (hotel, meals, air ticket, entrances, show merchandise, etc).

So.. please propose 4 ledgies (you can't include yourself, he he) to the band for the nearest show from your hometown. This list is your vote to the band so it will help them to decide who are invited.

Your votes should include the reason why you suggest those ledgies (good fellows, addicted fans, longtime ledgies, wisedom about the band, etc).

DON'T say why you don't choose someone. You just mention 4 names and why you choose them. This is game, no offenses please.
Old 09-06-2004, 05:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Chris (gldstwmn)- Because I <3333333333333333333 her completely.
Jason (strandinthewind)- Because I <33333333333333333333333 him, too.
Gerald (shackin'up)- Just because he's a huge Lindsey fan and a great guy.
Carne- He could scare Stevie into putting some oomph in her performances and possibly stop droning and instead sing in a higher register.

Old 09-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Countess Merfessa, since this year's sucky so far for her<333
Marisster, since her & Merf are a package deal
David, for his general quirkiness and insane knowledge about the band
Gaius, because he has the ability to make me giggle like a schoolgirl in sex ed.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Estranged4life (Brian J.) Because he has had such a bad year and he truly deserves it! Not to mention where would we be without him for Mac 'goodies".

GreatDarkWing (Alex N) Because he was my travel buddy for Madison and Champaign and without him I would have ended up in Canada someplace. He also looks so darn happy at the concerts and he is a good friend.

Wondergirl (Christy) She just seems like such a nice genuine Lindsey fan that she just has to get to meet him someday.

Livia- Because she is the Ticketmaster Guru and posts to alert us when she sees good seats being released.
Old 09-06-2004, 06:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Pretty cruel

This is a really bizarre but nice idea for a game (I'm getting a little tired of the Survivor stuff, can you tell?). A lot of people initially occurred to me as deserving of this honor, including:

SARARHIANNON
SHACKIN' UP GERALD
VIANNA
ALI P
VILLAVIC
BELLA FIGURA
WETCAMELFOOD
LIVIA
SUGAR
DREAMSUNWIND KATE
JBROWNSJR

But after more careful consideration, I settled on a group of six Ledgies. The ONLY qualities I weighted with any importance in this matter were as follows:

* I'd eliminate anyone who has seen Fleetwood Mac an ungodly number of times this past tour. For people who went 150 (or God knows how many) times -- do they really need to have seen FM play 151 times? Nothing personal to comrades like Tiff, Patti & Torri, so I hope they understand my reasoning.

* They must exhibit a general level of friendliness & civility, which includes adhering to the rules of Internet communication. I would not send driveling brats whose signatures measure fully 6 inches in height or more. These are selfish people who, as far as I'm concerned, don't deserve such an honor. Brian J. exemplifies friendliness & deserves to go see Mac.

* They must love the entire band, to varying degrees at least. Many fans love Stevie or love Lindsey or love John or whomever ... but don't think all that much of the other members. That's fine, but let them buy their own tickets. I want to send people who'd be thrilled to be seeing the GROUP. Ledgies like Mike B. & Joe come to mind.

* They must be excited as opposed to merely belligerent about seeing Fleetwood Mac. In my 25+ years of paying very close attention to other FM fans, I have learned how to distinguish the merely noisy fans from the truly enthralled. Christy, for example, yelps a great deal about Lindsey, but it's obvious to all of us by this point that she genuinely loves Lindsey & the rest of the band. When she goes to see LB in concert, her pulse rate probably accelerates exponentially.

* They must all be able to get along as a group, because I'd send them all together. I think the group I picked would have a blasting good time together.

* Anyone who's ever maliciously trolled Usenet wouldn't get my vote. That eliminates Ginny, Jim, Andie, kyle, John Weir & Aquanet. Oh, & Swill.

* I couldn't in good conscience send anyone who may be in mental distress or psychological disequalibrium. In those cases, money & time are better spent on psychotropic medication & therapy. Once again, this would eliminate Ginny.

* Finally, if I've lost touch with otherwise great, fun, with-it fans -- like Doug Lefeve, Chris Small or Ann Sissom -- they don't get to go.

So, my final group is:

[drum roll]

MIKE B.
JUDY L.
CHRISTY WONDERBRA
JOE (NY)
LES
ESTRANGED4LIFE BRIAN

Sorry for the book!
Old 09-06-2004, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic
Ok, I was in the shower yesterday and got this cruel idea..

Let's suppose Fleetwood Mac goes again with a very short tour in 2005. Kind of "One Nigh Only" shows (one concert per continent). That's because Christine accepted to rejoin with a new studio album, but doesn't want the pressure of a long tour, and doesn't want to leave England for long time.

And the band looks for their die hard fans to invite them to first row seats, with backstage tour and a special dinner. So they found the best fans at the Ledge. The invitation includes everything (hotel, meals, air ticket, entrances, show merchandise, etc).

So.. please propose 4 ledgies (you can't include yourself, he he) to the band for the nearest show from your hometown. This list is your vote to the band so it will help them to decide who are invited.

Your votes should include the reason why you suggest those ledgies (good fellows, addicted fans, longtime ledgies, wisedom about the band, etc).

DON'T say why you don't choose someone. You just mention 4 names and why you choose them. This is game, no offenses please.
Sounds like your imaginations good as mine, only in my story i win lotto and invite all the ledgies, plus guests...so i would pick
Dark Linen Suit
Enchanted SLN
Golden Braid
someone will already invite Diss, and he didn't invite me, so...
also, same for Carne, who i'd like to meet...so...
Gaius - wait, someone already invited him, so.. Patti
AMber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 09-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David

* I'd eliminate anyone who has seen Fleetwood Mac an ungodly number of times this past tour. For people who went 150 (or God knows how many) times -- do they really need to have seen FM play 151 times? Nothing personal to comrades like Tiff, Patti & Torri, so I hope they understand my reasoning.

No offense taken. Besides I would have expected my invitation from Mr. Buckingham already.
Old 09-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation Hmmm...

let's see, I can think of 7:

Livia (The first Ledgie I have ever met)

David (Mr.Knowledge...Nuff said!)

WelshWitchPMD (Pattie, THE Front Row Queen..."I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!")

shackin' up (Gerald, that crazy Linds' worshiping Dutch dude for surviving the Oklahoma heat in 2003 for his first FM show!)

wondergirl (Christy, For being a cool person and such a DIEHARD Linds' fan!)

Seteca (For being a cool guy & fellow guitarist!)

& Marty (Because without his website WE all wouldnt be having as much fun as we do!!!)

Brian "Still not dead yet, but fearing the stress test on Friday morning!" j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 09-07-2004, 12:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lmao!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
* They must be excited as opposed to merely belligerent about seeing Fleetwood Mac. In my 25+ years of paying very close attention to other FM fans, I have learned how to distinguish the merely noisy fans from the truly enthralled. Christy, for example, yelps a great deal about Lindsey, but it's obvious to all of us by this point that she genuinely loves Lindsey & the rest of the band. When she goes to see LB in concert, her pulse rate probably accelerates exponentially.

So, my final group is:

[drum roll]

MIKE B.
JUDY L.
CHRISTY WONDERBRA
JOE (NY)
LES
ESTRANGED4LIFE BRIAN

Sorry for the book!
I am dying over here! Thanks David! Wonderbra...oh, if only. LOL Yes, I genuinely love Lindsey more than words can express, but I just love this band to the point of sickness. I do love some members more than others, but I've never had the euphoria (and I've been to many, many concerts) like seeing FM in concert in 2003-2004. May they rock on....forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life
wondergirl (Christy, For being a cool person and such a DIEHARD Linds' fan!)

Seteca (For being a cool guy & fellow guitarist!)
Thanks Brian!! Agree with Seteca. My list would be difficult, because there are SO many deserving Ledgies.

My list:

Seteca (One guitar great meeting another guitar great.)

Estranged4life (Seriously folks, too much bad stuff should not happen to one family. )

Wetcamelfood (John needs to see this band that he diligently pays so much attention to. Collecting, working on the discog, the knowledge...etc.)

Shackin' Up (Anyone who gets choked up at seeing one of their idols deserves to meet them in person. Gerald's a way cool guy.)

Last edited by wondergirl9847; 09-07-2004 at 01:00 AM..
Old 09-07-2004, 05:15 AM
trackaghost
This message has been deleted by trackaghost.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default My turn to play

Lauren - ledgie since the beginning, a true fan and nice lady
Johnny Stew - for his really good posts and knowledgeabout the band
darkenlinensuit - or Jake, also for his gessed right posts
Vianna - another mac fan full of friendliness!

and all they are true mac fans (though every ledgie is!).
Old 09-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy Too difficult...

This is way too difficult because I feel bad about leaving lots of deserving people out!! There are quite a few more people who I'd choose to go...including Miss Pip, Neil, Les, Johnny Stew and of course, Marty and Lisa to name just a few.

I think it would be awesome if the fan club had done some sort of meet and greet for people through a contest. I know they are busy, but that would have put them on the great to their fans list. I think many would have written an essay as to why they love the band so much and they could have chosen the top 5 or 10 to go backstage at their show.
Old 09-07-2004, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Finland, the country where polar bears walk on the streets singing "Silver Girl"
4Buck.
Arizona Ranger.
Lux.
Mari.

Throw me in the mix and witness WWIII.

Honorary mentions to nearly every Ledgie you've mentioned earlier. <3 to Gweggo, AMber and Sharon.

^ - "a selfindulged, but funny butthead of a Fin" - Shackin'up
Old 09-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Gaius I'm going to kill you ROTFLMAO...
Old 09-07-2004, 12:22 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it's pretty obvious that in in a popularity contest I would be the unique contestant to receive negative votes.

Lux, don't you remember Arizona?
Old 09-07-2004, 12:34 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 09-07-2004, 12:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I can't argue that.
Gaius, I am SO going to kill YOU!

pst, Lux, we could of course team up on Face, together