The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-21-2005, 08:42 AM
trackaghost trackaghost is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,792
Default

I managed to get a list of the Fleetwood Mac releases from Warner, and, in the UK anyway, The Dance was never available on vinyl.

I still think this may not exist and that Deanna was mistaken because I've been searching high and low for evidence of it and, while I've found stuff on a whole host of obscure titles, so far I've found nothing on a vinyl version of The Dance.

So I'm asking Ledgies once again: anyone here have a copy?
__________________
"I want to come back as a Yorkshire Terrier, owned by me." - Stevie Nicks
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-21-2005, 09:20 AM
msLinds's Avatar
msLinds msLinds is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,062
Talking Was The Dance ever on LP vinyl ?

I have two copys of a 12 inch LP vinyl, of the Fleetwood Mac song Landslide recorded during The Dance tour.The cover has a photograph of Stevie and Lindsey hugging on it. On the backside of the vinyl cover it says, side one, Remix, String Mix. Side 2, Analog mix, Live album version. I bought
them at a used record store.



Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-25-2005, 02:57 PM
Villavic's Avatar
Villavic Villavic is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Lima Peru
Posts: 2,870
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I managed to get a list of the Fleetwood Mac releases from Warner, and, in the UK anyway, The Dance was never available on vinyl.

I still think this may not exist and that Deanna was mistaken because I've been searching high and low for evidence of it and, while I've found stuff on a whole host of obscure titles, so far I've found nothing on a vinyl version of The Dance.

So I'm asking Ledgies once again: anyone here have a copy?
Vinyl records are not commercial anymore, since I don't think there is not many people with turntables. Where can you find needles these days? So vinyl records are not a good idea for business, then record companies are not interested anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-25-2005, 06:20 PM
msLinds's Avatar
msLinds msLinds is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: California
Posts: 1,062
Talking Was The Dance ever on LP Vinyl ?

I like to buy old vinyls sometimes as collector items.Also for alot of the cool art work on the covers.I don't put them on old record players to play them very often, so I don't need to worry about finding needles.I have seen catologs and places that sell new stereo systems with old vinyl record players on them, so there has to be places to still get the needles for them and to get repaired, etc.



Its important to remember that nobody falls into a simple
set of labels.

Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-26-2005, 11:25 AM
seeker007nmss's Avatar
seeker007nmss seeker007nmss is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: in the shadows, running
Posts: 3,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by msLinds
I like to buy old vinyls sometimes as collector items.Also for alot of the cool art work on the covers.I don't put them on old record players to play them very often, so I don't need to worry about finding needles.I have seen catologs and places that sell new stereo systems with old vinyl record players on them, so there has to be places to still get the needles for them and to get repaired, etc.


I miss the posters/stickers and other goodies that use to come with vinyls.
__________________
.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-27-2005, 10:01 PM
Mr. Wonderful Mr. Wonderful is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Auckland, New Zealand
Posts: 69
Default Canadian pressing of Rumours - special in any way?

Hi All,

I thought this was probably the best thread in which to ask this. There's a Canadian pressing of Rumours up for sale on this auction site I frequent:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=26401842

My question is: is it worth buying this Canadian pressing? Is there anything different/special about it?

Thanks,
Hugh. :-)
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-30-2005, 07:27 AM
GODDESS6's Avatar
GODDESS6 GODDESS6 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Somewhere out on that horizon~
Posts: 5,721
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I wish Street Angel and TISL were released on vinyl. I have all her other ones still sealed and it sucks that it is missing two of them. I have to say though that the cover art is ten times better on vinyl than CD.
i agree & when i was in highschool, (now i am aging myself) , c.d.'s were just coming out so not all released music came out on c.d, but that was fine w/ me, cuz fm & stevie's albums had the coolest pics & such compared 2 the c.d. released versions i bought later on~ i would always go 2 the record store the day fm or stevie's music was released & buy the cassette & the l.p., i always had 2 have the l.p. 4 the coolness of them all, the stuff on the insides of the tusk 2 lp set r my fav!!!~
__________________
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-30-2005, 12:25 PM
David's Avatar
David David is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: California
Posts: 13,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeker007nmss
I miss the posters/stickers and other goodies that use to come with vinyls.
With some of those old albums, you used to get enough paraphernalia to redecorate your whole house.
__________________
The Filmic I: Movie Notes
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-30-2005, 07:58 PM
seeker007nmss's Avatar
seeker007nmss seeker007nmss is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: in the shadows, running
Posts: 3,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wonderful
Hi All,

I thought this was probably the best thread in which to ask this. There's a Canadian pressing of Rumours up for sale on this auction site I frequent:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.asp?id=26401842

My question is: is it worth buying this Canadian pressing? Is there anything different/special about it?

Thanks,
Hugh. :-)
Most of the time, the different country pressings only difference is a line or two saying.."Made in ......". No music difference. Only on rare occasions is there actual graphics changes (Like the austalian B/N). So depends on how much of a completest you wish to be. (Will drive you nuts though to find some of them though).
__________________
.

Watching the drama of the Ledge since 2001.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 3 pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO pictureRICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2
$39.99
RICK VITO SIGNED 8X10 PHOTO 2 pictureOriginal B&W Glossy Promo Photograph Rick Vito Atlantic Records 1992 M5507
$11.99
Original B&W Glossy Promo Photograph Rick Vito Atlantic Records 1992 M5507 picture1970's Vintage Press photograph RICK VITO - Atlantic Records -Photo
$9.99
1970's Vintage Press photograph RICK VITO - Atlantic Records -Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved