Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Post-Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mick is a new Board of Director at Maui Medical Center

Maui resident Mick Fleetwood, legendary drummer and co-founding member of Fleetwood Mac, has been elected to join the Maui Memorial Medical Center Foundation (MMMCF) board of directors.
“We are thrilled with the addition of Mick to our already illustrious board,” said MMMCF Board President Saedene Ota. “His creativity and enthusiasm for giving back to our Maui community will be a great asset, for not only the board, but for healthcare on Maui as well.”

“I am honored to be elected to the Maui Memorial Medical Center Foundation Board and to serve with such a great group of civic leaders,” said Fleetwood. “MMMC has made great changes and additions recently, and plans more to serve our community. I am committed to help bring awareness and support here, and in my own small way, contribute to bring healthcare to the next level on Maui.”

In addition to Fleetwood, five other new MMMCF board members were also announced: American Savings Bank Vice President Rian P. DuBach; CPA Patrick L. Ing, president and owner of Patrick L. Ing CPA Inc.; Galen Nakamura, Bank of Hawai‘i’s senior vice president and manager of commercial banking on Maui; Kimberly A.B. Sloper, Esq., deputy Corporation Counsel, Department of the Corporation Counsel - County of Maui; and CPA Trevor N. Tokishi, executive vice president of Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union.

“We are extremely proud and pleased to welcome all of our new board members to the hospital,” Ota added.

http://www.mauiweekly.com/page/conte....html?nav=5014
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder what this means for Mick? Does he have to do fundraisers to earn money for the Hospital? Is he responsible for any type of office work? Does he have an office? What might he offer as suggestions to efficiently run the Hospital budget better?
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I wonder what this means for Mick? Does he have to do fundraisers to earn money for the Hospital? Is he responsible for any type of office work? Does he have an office? What might he offer as suggestions to efficiently run the Hospital budget better?
Maybe he doesn't have to do anything. Some "community offices" are given to "token celebrities" to add a face to their campaigns and nothing more. He may just be the image of the mechanism with basic powers.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

WAILUKU — Mick Fleetwood, legendary drummer, co-founding member of Fleetwood Mac and a Maui resident, was recently elected to join the Maui Memorial Medical Center Foundation (MMMCF) Board of Directors.

“We are thrilled with the addition of Mick to our already illustrious board,” said Saedene Ota, MMMCF board president. “His creativity and enthusiasm for giving back to our Maui community will be a great asset for not only the board, but for healthcare on Maui as well.”

“I am honored to be elected to the Maui Memorial Medical Center Foundation board and to serve with such a great group of civic leaders,” said Fleetwood.

“MMMC has made great changes and additions recently and plans more to serve our community. I am committed to help bring awareness and support here, and in my own small way, contribute to bring healthcare to the next level on Maui.”

In addition to music projects, Fleetwood manages his own wine enterprise, Mick Fleetwood Private Cellar, and is scheduled to open a new restaurant, bar and nightclub on Maui, Fleetwood's on Front Street, during the summer of 2011.
In addition to Fleetwood, five other new MMMCF board members were also announced: Rian P. DuBach, vice president, American Savings Bank; Patrick L. Ing, CPA, president and owner of Patrick L. Ing CPA Inc.; Galen Nakamura, senior vice president and manager of commercial banking on Maui for Bank of Hawaii; Kimberly A.B. Sloper, Esq., deputy corporation counsel, Department of the Corporation Counsel, County of Maui; and Trevor N. Tokishi, CPA, executive vice president, Valley Isle Community Federal Credit Union.

“We are extremely proud and pleased to welcome all of our new board members to the hospital.” Ota added.

http://www.lahainanews.com/page/cont...ood.html?nav=8
Old 12-30-2010, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Maybe he gets final approval over Maui medical procedures

Michele
Old 12-31-2010, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Congratulations Mick!!

Happy New Year to all!!
Old 01-03-2011, 01:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I've been on a board of a non-profit before. Basically such boards are responsible for budgets, fund raising, choosing key salaried figures within the organization, etc. Mick is absolutely disastrous with money and decision making, so obviously like Silver Springs suggested, he's just a poster boy for this organization to give it notoriety and in turn, attract funds and talent. Board members usually have time-limited terms too, and thus non-profit organizations are always looking for key figureheads within their own community to bring weight to their cause.

Last edited by louielouie2000; 01-03-2011 at 01:47 AM..