Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-08-2002, 09:36 PM
Ledgie

Default What tour....?

Hey i just downloaded a version of GYOW on AG and its says its live in new britain its like the best version of the song that ive heard and i was wondering what tour it was from
Old 05-08-2002, 09:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's from Lindsey's '92 Out of the Cradle Tour. You're right, it's a pretty damn good version. Although, I am still for some reason partial to the Mirage Tour Video version. Rumor has it that the Rosebud version and the last BTM 1990 show in LA where Lindsey re-joined the band are some of the best performances of Go Your Own Way ever. I've heard neither, so I still stick with the Mirage video for now!!!! But if anyone wants to send me one or both of the other two, I might change my mind!
Old 05-12-2002, 10:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

i love GYOW on Mirage, especially Stevie's little bits what she adds in and I also love the close-ups of her, she looks stunning!
Old 05-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Mirage version of GYOW is definitely my favorite live version. It's just filled with so much passion and tension!

Michelle

~long live the queen... under the skin~
Old 05-12-2002, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

<>

I agree Michelle, in particular: "baby, i'd give you my world...everything's waiting for you" - Lindsey just really nails those lines on the Mirage vid. I'm also partial to Stevie's "another lonely-'s" and how she kind of takes over the last verse. To me that version just rocks. In fact, that whole video just rocks!
Old 05-12-2002, 09:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default have to agree with everyone

Mirage is THE best. My favorite thing is Lindsey's everything TURNED around. SO much emotion. And of course stevie's added stuuff. And to me Rosebud is highly over rated. It seems like it's THE Go Your Own way sometimes, and it doesn't deserve it at all. Mirage beats it bad.

PS am i the only one who thinks stevie looks like Scully from the x files on some angles on this song. to me the resemblence is uncanny.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 05-13-2002, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey's GYOW!!!

Hi Ya'All!
I do not know about Scully...but that
sexy Mirage Video tape from HBO is "IT"!
That verse..."Everything turned around!"
is sooo full of LB's emotional turmoil!
Lindsey got it just right with GYOW! Sky

Peacekeeper song ... Lindsey
Old 05-13-2002, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Mirage Video in general

I really think that the video in general is full of some great versions of mac songs. In particular: GYOW, The Chain (I think this is *THE* Chain), Eyes of the World, Love in Store, Sisters of the Moon, and to a lesser extent, I really have grown to like that version of Rhiannon. I love the switch to "I don't change, you don't change" during the Mirage tour.

Justin
Old 05-13-2002, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Re: Mirage Video in general

Quote:
Originally posted by jmn3
I really think that the video in general is full of some great versions of mac songs. In particular: GYOW, The Chain (I think this is *THE* Chain)

Justin
I agree with THAT, it is the ULTIMATE CHAIN LIVE! The emotion, the drumming, the guitar, the ENERGY!!! I watched my Mirage video a few weeks ago, wow, it's AMAZING, everytime I watch it, I see or hear something new that AMAZES me!! The Dance is great and I love it to death, but LORD HAVE MERCY, Mirage is jam packed full of EXCITEMENT!!!
Old 05-13-2002, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Thanks!

I just wanted to say thanks for all these live recommendations! I wasn't aware that Audiogalaxy had Lindsey's New Britain performace (how bizarre is this - enter "Lindsey Buckingham Live" and it doesn't come up - at least not for me - so I'd never heard it). Now I have downloaded it in toto!

Thanks again!

Old 05-13-2002, 09:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Fantastic show!

Yep, the Mirage concert is awesome!! It has my favourite version of The Chain on it!! (It's the version I've kinda ripped off for my own performances!!!)

The vocals on I'm So Afraid are some of the best ever (and those power chords he throws in during the second verse "I never change, I never will" and "i'm so afraid the way i feel" are awesome !!!)

Sisters of The Moon is excellent.....and of course of course OF COURSE GYOW is the best version ever !!! Rosebud is actually one of my least fav. performances of GYOW...Mirage made it the way it should be!! He's just pouring his heart out (and we all know to who!!) during those lines in the second verse !! It's my favourite FM concert moment ever !!! He sounds like he's shouting, screaming and crying at the same time !!! "Tell me why...EVERYTHING TURNED AROUND!!!!!......Packin' up...shackin' up's...ALL ya wanna do.....If I could, baby I'd GGGIIIIVVVEE YOOOUUU MAAAAAAAAA WOOOOUUURRRLLLLDDD!!!! OOOPEN U-UP!! Everything's waitin' for yaaa-oouuU!!!!!"

Last edited by seteca; 05-13-2002 at 09:27 PM..
Old 05-13-2002, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Stevie looks like....

Quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye
.......PS am i the only one who thinks stevie looks like Scully from the x files on some angles on this song. to me the resemblence is uncanny.
Hmm...I'll have to look out for that the next time I watch it......but...the next time you watch any of the original three Star Wars movies look at Carrie Fisher......it's UNCANNY !!!!! (IMO)

Old 05-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Senior Ledgie

Dunno how i noticed this but on the mirage vid, on blue letter, straight after the line, "tuesdays children are filled with grace" when stevie is stood next to lyndsey singing along, i love the expression he has on his face when he rocks his head from side to side!he looks like a complete nutter (in a cool kinda way...!)
Old 05-14-2002, 06:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm assuming you meant "Eyes Of The World" and not "Blue Letter", right?
Old 05-18-2002, 10:16 AM
Senior Ledgie

oh yeah, silly me! (i do know the difference really, i just get a bit over excited and my brain stops functioning properly!!)