User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-23-2012, 10:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerlongBoots View Post
Sorry to hear that, Skip. Anniversary's are tough.

My grandmother passed from multiple myeloma, but that was a long time ago, in 1960.
Thank you.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-23-2012, 11:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Today marks the 9th year of the loss of my step dad Jim. He was 73 .He had multiple myeloma which our local meteorologist the late Dr Mel from WTNH here in New Haven had since 1996 .

My step dad had it for a short time.About a year in a half earlier he had to go in for a stomach surgery and never recovered from it.At that time he was diagnosed with multiple myeloma .

RIP.Jim.
I'm sorry to hear that, Skip. Hope you're doing okay.
Old 10-24-2012, 08:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, Skip. Hope you're doing okay.
Thanks Homer.I'm ok.

Old 10-24-2012, 09:19 PM
SummerlongBoots
This message has been deleted by SummerlongBoots.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry for your loss, Skip. Hope you're doing alright.

So, I have pretty much concluded that my roommates (who are also my closest friends at college) are rude, selfish, inconsiderate people who don't care about me whatsoever. I have plenty of examples but I'll spare you. In short, I've recently changed my major which has made it possible for me to now get this degree @ the school my stepdad works at, which means I could live at home and be with my family. The only real thing keeping me @ the place I am now would be my social ties - my "friends" - but honestly they make me more upset than they do make me happy. So I am transferring in the fall, I have decided. It's probably best to tell my roommates now that I won't be renewing the lease because they will need to start looking for someone to take it over in the winter/early spring, but I'm just trying to decide if I should let them know how I really feel when I tell them, or just make up an excuse about my parents or something and say I have to go back home. Part of me really wants to just let it all out because I've been bottling up everything they've done to me and all my feelings for the past year and a half, but then another part of me just doesn't think it's worth it, and doesn't want to "burn my bridges" persay..
Old 10-28-2012, 04:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Hi!

All the best to you, Skip. In october were 11 years since my dear grandfather passed away. I was too young, but since that I think he's watching me, from somewhere.

And WildHearted, I lived (or I'm still living, I don't know...) something similar. My old partners at the university were my best friends, but something happened and suddenly they gave me the back, and I don't know why.
I was following them for the last two years, calling them, trying to get a clue, but not being annoying, and they never answered, until today. I suppose they knew I wanted to talk face to face with them, because maybe I'm not someone who talks a lot, but I'm a listener and a observer, and some things talked for themselves. Now I know that one day I'll talk with them, and I'll resolve the questions, but not today, and not tomorrow...

Regards!
Mark.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post

So, I have pretty much concluded that my roommates (who are also my closest friends at college) are rude, selfish, inconsiderate people who don't care about me whatsoever. I have plenty of examples but I'll spare you. In short, I've recently changed my major which has made it possible for me to now get this degree @ the school my stepdad works at, which means I could live at home and be with my family. The only real thing keeping me @ the place I am now would be my social ties - my "friends" - but honestly they make me more upset than they do make me happy. So I am transferring in the fall, I have decided. It's probably best to tell my roommates now that I won't be renewing the lease because they will need to start looking for someone to take it over in the winter/early spring, but I'm just trying to decide if I should let them know how I really feel when I tell them, or just make up an excuse about my parents or something and say I have to go back home. Part of me really wants to just let it all out because I've been bottling up everything they've done to me and all my feelings for the past year and a half, but then another part of me just doesn't think it's worth it, and doesn't want to "burn my bridges" persay..
Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
Hi!

All the best to you, Skip. In october were 11 years since my dear grandfather passed away. I was too young, but since that I think he's watching me, from somewhere.

And WildHearted, I lived (or I'm still living, I don't know...) something similar. My old partners at the university were my best friends, but something happened and suddenly they gave me the back, and I don't know why.
I was following them for the last two years, calling them, trying to get a clue, but not being annoying, and they never answered, until today. I suppose they knew I wanted to talk face to face with them, because maybe I'm not someone who talks a lot, but I'm a listener and a observer, and some things talked for themselves. Now I know that one day I'll talk with them, and I'll resolve the questions, but not today, and not tomorrow...

Regards!
Mark.
Thanks guys for your nice comments.

Old 10-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Registered

Quote:

make up an excuse.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Talk to them.
Things might even work out. Or at least you'll think about these times with less bitterness.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Write them a song.

Quote:

Old 11-01-2012, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerlongBoots View Post
Write them a song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYHN0m_mHdI

^ seems appropriate.

Thanks for the advice guys. I pretty much just told them I was transferring because it would be a lot less stressful on me to live at home, and cheaper for my parents. Which is true.
Old 11-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Ahhh, absolute perfection and appropriate - all things considered, lol.
Old 11-01-2012, 07:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Anyone else doing NaNoWriMo this year?

I am! I've written just over 3,000 words for day one. Only 47,000 to go.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 11-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

Hi! Wow, I never heard about that! I searched and I knew what it was. I didn't do it, but I'm writing a novel.

Yes, I started in September, here at home, but then a friend asked me to stay at his home while he and his wife travelled, so I continued there. And I was really so inspired. In a normal Word, I've written over 73 pages, and 22 chapters, starting the 23 right now. Only 22 in 73 pages?? Yes! Obviously you're thinking in a smaller size, so 3 or 4 pages per chapter are not bad! I suppose...
Is not easy anyway. Sometimes inspiration goes with the wind. When I was at my friend's home, I continued this, and I started to write some songs. I had all the time in the world, you know. Inspirations? Well, my signature below speaks for itself, but I also included my whole life, some old songs and obviously, some FM songs (not to copy them, of course). Now I'm at home again, and write is difficult. I have music but no lyrics, and my novel progresses so slowly...
Regards!!
Old 11-02-2012, 04:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post

Good for you ButterCookie!

What a great inspiration and example of motivation you are!

I have yet to do this although I do know some folks who are tippy-typing their brains out right now!

Good luck! If you'd like to share I'd love to read!
Old 11-02-2012, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

For those who think it's impossible to sell album's in 2012 take note. Taylor Swift has sold 1.2 million copies of her current album in its first week out.