The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-11-2015, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Madonna just did the Stern Show -- Would Stevie Consider it?

I've read before that Stevie has said she wouldn't go on Howard Stern's show because "he's crazy" (which I believe translates to her being too worried about what he would ask her or bring up).
I just finished listening to Howard's entire 1.5 hour interview with Madonna. He was nothing but respectful to her. He didn't ask her about her bra size or anything silly like that. Howard has said he's wanted to interview her for YEARS and he asked Madonna why she hadn't been on before. Her excuse was pretty much identical to Stevie's - she was worried and she said he had said bad things about her before (which Howard explained off as his him just being an angry person at the time).

For those who don't listen to him, Howard has mellowed with age and he really is a great interviewer. I would LOVE to hear him interview Stevie. Hopefully, Liz Rosenberg, being Stevie and Madonna's publicist, will tell Stevie that Howard was totally respectful.

Madonna mentioned a few things that are similar to Stevie during this interview. She keeps a journal, she has a song called Joan of Arc and she (admittingly) takes herself very seriously. She also mentioned that it's hard to find a relationship with a man that understands her career.
I think Madonna and Stevie should have tea and discuss.

Jamie
Old 03-11-2015, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I never got into his shows.He probably dig some info out of her like he does with his other guests.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 03-12-2015, 09:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Short answer: No
I am a HUGE Stern fan. He is an amazing interview talent. He always shows respect to his guests. But the people that don't listen think what he does on his show is how he treats his guests. Lindsey Buckingham did Stern at some point. I don't remember it and either does Howard but they were talking about Fleetwood Mac playing in New York on this tour and several show members attended. Howard has seen the Mac play at private parties back in 2003 without Christine. It was then brought up if Howard talked to anyone in the band and he said no even though it was a very private and intimate setting at someone's house. Then it was mentioned that Lindsey did the show and few could remember that so it must have been many many years ago.

Joe Walsh has been a regular guest on Stern for 20 years. In the late 80s and 90's he would show up and be so tanked and drunk and pass out in the studio. It was a regular thing. It was not until Joe got clean and about 4 years ago opened up about his relationship with Stevie on the show and how their love affair was only done on the road for the tour.

But the best Stevie stuff from Stern was when Dave Stewart did an interview several years ago. This was years before he did Stevie's album. He talked candidly how he met Stevie and went back to her place and was in her bed. But Stevie just kept changing clothes and staying in her bathroom with her 2 backup singers the entire night they did not sleep. In the morning, Joe Walsh came to her house and Dave was in bed and worried. He could hear Stevie downstairs send him away and say "Don't come around here no more" Dave thought that was a great song and began to write it for Stevie. But Dave was going to produce Tom Petty's next album and when Tom heard the song he asked if he could have it and Stevie said yes.
Wild times back them. That interview is on youtube.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

he interviewed Lady Gaga last year and he was also very respectful and kind to her. It was a great interview.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 03-12-2015, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I enjoyed this Madonna interview. It was the first interview of her I have heard where she didn't sound all giddy and flirtatious. She openly discussed being raped and why she didn't pursue charges among other interesting unknown facts.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

As mentioned earlier even though Stevie has not been a guest on Stern but she is talked about a lot. Here is Dave Stewart talking about Stevie. He cleared the Stevie stuff with her before the book came out. So I would be curious what she did not want mentioned. Great interview. If you have not heard this before or read his book.....amazing stuff. They were so out of control that is where he suggested the Mad Hatter theme for Tom's video. Talk of Stevie up all night doing coke and trying on different clothes at 5 in the morning until Joe Walsh comes knocking on her door to get his clothes.
Stevie starts about at 6:30 and then continues to part 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLKj5YDsG-E

Last edited by Macfan4life; 03-12-2015 at 11:51 AM..