Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2002, 08:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Single remixes on VBOFM

I've really been enjoying the single remixes they included on Very Best of Fleetwood Mac. I think in every case, I prefer the remix to the original mix.

"Over My Head" is probably the most strikingly different _ with that added layer of guitars, it packs a lot more punch.

I get a real kick out of the ending of "Sisters of the Moon," too. I love how it just ends, abruptly, on that discordant guitar solo. This mix puts the "Tusk" mix to shame. The song always sounded muddy to me on "Tusk." Now it's becoming one of my favorites.

"Think About Me" doesn't sound too different, although there are some extra Lindsey vocals and Christine's harmonies on the chorus sound higher.

One thing I was surprised about: they didn't include the single remix of "Say You Love Me." I've heard it on the radio once or twice; it has an extra electric guitar track on the verses.

And I know it's not technically a "single remix," but I have to agree with everyone about "Silver Springs." It's spine-tingling. The version they included on "The Chain" boxed set was a travesty: it faded out too early and Stevie's lead vocals were mixed way down on the chorus. This time, it sounds like it should!
Old 10-16-2002, 10:18 AM
joe

i'm pathetic and don't have the cd yet...i'm getting it soon....anyway, what is the "rhiannon" version like?
i have the 45 of it and it has an added guitar part...is this the same one?
Old 10-16-2002, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The version of "Silver Springs" on The Chain box IS the single mix that was originally released as the B-side of "GYOW".

Also, the version of "Say You Love Me" on The Chain box is also the single mix.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:19 PM
joe

what about "rhiannon"?
Old 10-16-2002, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default After I calmed down...LMAO!

I listened to the rest of the VBofFM after my initial reaction to the travesty that is...EDITED ISA....and I LOVE Think About Me...it sounds BETTER than the Tusk version!! I love Silver Springs too, sounds less "murky"! YAY!! BUT, still BOO to EDITED ISA!!!

BTW, I made a copy of the entire first CD and substituted the REAL version of ISA for that piece o CRAP...and now it's all good!! I am gonna keep the real CD by my computer for easy access to the goodies and put my homemade CD in the case...BTW, LOVE the sleeve and cover, but did anyone else almost vomit on themselves when they saw the name...Sheryl Crow in the booklet? I'm sorry to all Sheryl fans...I don't hate her, but damn...does ANY OTHER CELEBRITY love FM?????? Geez!!
Old 10-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh plenty of other musicians love FM, but none of them are in the enviable position of being Stevie's best homie, so Sheryl gets to be first in line for all this kind of stuff...........hmmmmm maybe Sheryl will write that book about Stevie's life we all want so badly......I'm sure she knows everything by now! lol!!

I wanna be Sheryl Crow!
Old 10-16-2002, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up Im going...

just wait for my copy to arrive via US Mail...Should be interesting from what I have been reading though...Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-21-2002, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: After I calmed down...LMAO!

Quote:
Originally posted by wondergirl9847
but did anyone else almost vomit on themselves when they saw the name...Sheryl Crow in the booklet? I'm sorry to all Sheryl fans...I don't hate her, but damn...does ANY OTHER CELEBRITY love FM?????? Geez!!
what is it she says or is said about her in the booklet
(i'm still waiting for my copies trough amazon)
Old 10-21-2002, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Marc...

It says, "The feeling that I get when I listen to my Fleetwood Mac records is that what they were going through in their lives was conpletely catalogued on those records. What they all brought into the studio made it on the tape. That's the best of what you can hope for when you're making a record. That you walk in completely honestly and without ego and let the tape capture it. Those feelings weren't edited. And that for me is why those records were the soundtracks to some really important years for so many people. I think there's a lot of depth, a lot of pain, and a celebration of influences. You have five really distinct personalities on a record like Rumours, and none of them are invisible. - Sheryl Crow, 2002
Old 10-22-2002, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I received my copy of 'VBoFM' on Thursday, and I'm VERY pleased with it.
Definitely a great addition to my collection.

And I might get flogged... ... but I actually didn't mind the "I'm So Afraid" edit.
It was concise, and I didnt think it was badly executed at all.

Granted, the full length version is definitely preferable... but this made a nice addition for a "best of" set.
Anything much beyond five minutes might have seemed excessive alongside all the three and four minute tracks.

Johnny Stew
Old 10-22-2002, 04:58 AM
Junior Ledgie

Mine should be coming soon!! I just ordered it from eil.com
YYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah
Old 10-22-2002, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i got my uk version in today (i must be one of the few now that hasn't recieved the 2 disc enhanched version yet (:
but any day now
atleast the quality of the remasters is great whow even family man sounds sharper
i found sara and tusk to be the most noticable improvement
Old 10-22-2002, 11:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation

SISTERS OF THE MOON.......IT ROCKS!

I love all the remixes of the songs on this "best of" set, not necessarily better than the original versions(with the exception of SOTM), but I would say in addition to.

EVERY song DOES sound more crisp and clear.

This release is a much better substitute for both The Chain box set and 88's Greatest Hits package.

Joe
Old 10-23-2002, 12:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Johnny Stew...

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Stew
And I might get flogged... ... but I actually didn't mind the "I'm So Afraid" edit. It was concise, and I didnt think it was badly executed at all. Johnny Stew
Prepare for your flogging!! Hey, I respect all opinions, and I am perfectly fine with MY CD that I made with the entire song on it!! YAY!! The collection is COMPLETE now!! LOL I hate to say this, but I've only watched the doc part ONCE!! Sounds like I'M the one who needs flogging, huh? I will watch it again probably this weekend.
Old 10-23-2002, 12:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up My copy should be here...

anytime now...Already received my 3 other cd's ("Tango In The Night","Mirage" & Keith Urban's newest "Golden Road") so I'm still awaiting from this end...But I have most of those remixes lying about somewhere in my evergrowing music library...(I have only received 100+ cd's this month so far!!! Still have 20 more on the way...Whew!!!)...Musically addicted, Brian J.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."