Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-24-2002, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Questions on Best of Video

So they were all in this house making the new album due out in the Spring of 2003. And it's a nice house by the way. Love the pool. Anyway, did they actually all live in this house? I mean was it just like a job you go to every day, & they just went there during the day & recorded, & then went home at night. The men are all married with familes. So I would think they would want to go home at some point for a day or two anyway. Are they all still there? Is the album actually complete?

They all look really good. I can only watch it at work (when no one is around) because I can't download Quicktime on my home computer without it wacking out on me, but I seen it several times.

Favorite parts:

John to Mick, "I'm sorry it's not perfect for you, Jesus Christ".

Person asks Mick if his nice car goes fast, Mick says, "It goes 55".

Stevie to Lindsey about this new song, went something like this, "This song is monatonele. This song is very hard to sing. The breathing is hard through this song, don't you think?" Lindsey smiling, nodding, "Very hard".

Looks like Lindsey's recording, Mick off behind closed glass doors & Stevie's dogs start barking loudly. Looks like Lindsey stops recording, starts laughing, puts his hand to his face, disgusted but is laughing.

Lee
Old 10-24-2002, 12:45 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Questions on Best of Video

Quote:
Originally posted by Lee
So they were all in this house making the new album due out in the Spring of 2003. And it's a nice house by the way. Love the pool. Anyway, did they actually all live in this house?
The house is absolutely beautiful! I love the kitchen, or what appears to be the kitchen. It's the scene where Lindsey, Mick, and John are having a little heartfelt conversation. The countertop looks like granite or marble. The windows are huge and there is a lot of natural light shining through.

I'm not sure if they're living in the house. John mentioned that it was a long drive from his house. Mick agreed and said something about it being especially far from the Woodlands area. It may not be a daily drive, but maybe they stay there on the weekends.

Are they all still there? Is the album actually complete?

I get the feeling that they're still there (unless the trailors are prerecorded). At the end of the trailor, it mentions that there will be more footage and to check the site for updates. I may be interpreting it differently, but that's the impression I got.

Person asks Mick if his nice car goes fast, Mick says, "It goes 55".

I think it was Lindsey asking John that question. It sure sounds like him.

I'm really enjoying the enhanced part of the CD. I haven't even played the songs yet. What's the point? It's not like we haven't listened to all these versions before.

-Karen
Old 10-24-2002, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The Rolling Stone article with Stevie said she "was getting ready to leave to go to the house" at 2:30 in the afternoon.
I got the inpression from that that they are just going there everyday. However, if they aren't getting started good until that late in the afternoon, I would imagine there have been some pretty late nights.
Stevie commets about how nice it is to have a house to work in, a more home-like atmosphere, and she says she "feels very at home here", so I think I can safely speculate that if they wanted to spend the night, or go take a nap for a while they could do so.
Stevie seems pretty comfy all enthroned on the sofa with her blankets and doggies! I sure could curl up and take a nap in that spot!
Old 10-24-2002, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I also meant to say that I think that is Lindsey commenting on John's car as well, and YES I do think they are still there, but maybe a little less now.
They may hate to see the house go......I know I would! I hope they have made alot of good memories there, but mostly I hope they have recorded some mighty fine tunes!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:29 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by sulamith
Stevie seems pretty comfy all enthroned on the sofa with her blankets and doggies! I sure could curl up and take a nap in that spot!
Was that her doggies who were barking at the end? It sounded like there were two of them.

Also, was Stevie wearing black leather pants? She's definately very comfortable in that setting. In fact, she might not have been wearing any makeup. She looks great!
Old 10-24-2002, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default yep

I loved those black leather pants, and loose shirt...she just looks so relaxed and comfortable..

chris
Old 10-24-2002, 10:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So I wonder who does all the cooking and cleaning and stuff, maybe Stevie's found herself a bit of domesticated contentment for a while...omlettes all round perhaps???
Old 10-25-2002, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wouldn't you like to work for THAT cleaning service? lol!
I'm sure there is one. I think Stevie has left her house-cleaning days far behind!
Old 10-25-2002, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wouldn't you like to deliver pizza to that house? I would=:-)
Old 10-25-2002, 09:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was just recently at the website, and it said that there would be more footage updated onto the site on October 30th.

Kristin
Old 10-25-2002, 10:10 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by kristin
I was just recently at the website, and it said that there would be more footage updated onto the site on October 30th.
That's even sooner than I expected. This is wonderful! Thanks for the update!

-Karen