Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-15-2008, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default what ELSE is going on?

I have been a member of the Ledge for afew years now, and before was a longtime lurker. For sometime now i go into the chit chat forum, and click refresh but NOTHING is bieng said. ONLY ONE THREAD seems to be continuing. PEOPLE THERE ARE ALOT OF REALLY COOL AND INTERESTING PEOPLE ON THIS BOARD, who post stories of their childeren, pets, careers, vacations, schools, ect. this forum used to be a buzz with stories, and photos, and jokes and opinions, now its just hillary, or obama. hillary or obama, blah blah, hillary, blah, blah, obama. AND when we wanna REALLY SPICE THINGS UP, we throw in a MCCAIN! oooooooo! THe conversations really rollin now!!! Hillary!Obama!Mccain! OH-MY!! Really, we can do better than this.
Old 05-15-2008, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
Really, we can do better than this.
We will be busy today reading all of your posts, oh and this: http://yugop.com/ver3/stuff/03/fla.html
Old 05-15-2008, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
That is so cool. It even knows what time zone I'm in.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:06 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Unhappy

Well, I guess everyone has jumped ship to the other forum.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
including you

'everyone'

Old 05-15-2008, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well it is an election year with a heated and protracted battle for the Democratic nomination so it could be reasonably expected that people are going to want to discuss it..you must have just missed out on the times when there were numerous threads like that on here and we had commentary from some of the most interesting and entertaining ledgies ever to post here ..Carne ,Diss anyone? I would suggest just to ignore the Hillary/Obama thread if it is that distressing that you must post interminably in an attempt to bury it..there are still plenty of threads about my pet cat and whether or not you prefer coffee or tea IMHO.

Old 05-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, I'll add the monstrosity that happened to me on Mothers day. The day prior I was at a concert. Don't ask who, what or where cause I got too completely plowed to know. It was horrible, embarassing and scary. And I can't believe it happened.
The next day....STILL trying to recover (it took a combined 48 hours thereafter to not feel a floaty, booze buzzing thru my system notion) I take my dog down the street (not wanting to drive far literally...) to the dog park. Fresh air would do us both good.
On the way back, being as I am on a frontage road, I let doggie onto my lap. She always knows where we are at, and wants on my lap. She'd be a good girl and stay off if I told her no, but cause it's like 35 mph down this road, I let her. We take a curve, she stands into it, and falls out the window! I about die. Slam on the breaks, there AMAZINGLY are no cars behind me, coming the opposite direction, nodda. Where she landed to where I stopped was no more than 4 feet, she came over to me, favoring one leg. I just wanted to die. I still can't get the image out of my head. She didn't have a mark on her, and later that night was all playful and her typical self. It wasn't until yesterday I had her back in the car again, and so help me god, even if we are parked, she won't be allowed on my lap!
It was all a fluke. No sooner did I feel her lean into that curve and beging to slide, it happened. She wasn't trying to jump, she saw nothing, it wasn't like that. Cause I was breaking into the curve, I think is what made it so not life threatening. No matter what though, I feel so aweful. 2 days I'll beat myself up for likely forever. The 1st night of wtf antics at my age...HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?!?!? And then day 2

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Old 05-15-2008, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarboSpeaks! View Post
OK, I'll add the monstrosity that happened to me on Mothers day. The day prior I was at a concert. Don't ask who, what or where cause I got too completely plowed to know. It was horrible, embarassing and scary. And I can't believe it happened.
The next day....STILL trying to recover (it took a combined 48 hours thereafter to not feel a floaty, booze buzzing thru my system notion) I take my dog down the street (not wanting to drive far literally...) to the dog park. Fresh air would do us both good.
On the way back, being as I am on a frontage road, I let doggie onto my lap. She always knows where we are at, and wants on my lap. She'd be a good girl and stay off if I told her no, but cause it's like 35 mph down this road, I let her. We take a curve, she stands into it, and falls out the window! I about die. Slam on the breaks, there AMAZINGLY are no cars behind me, coming the opposite direction, nodda. Where she landed to where I stopped was no more than 4 feet, she came over to me, favoring one leg. I just wanted to die. I still can't get the image out of my head. She didn't have a mark on her, and later that night was all playful and her typical self. It wasn't until yesterday I had her back in the car again, and so help me god, even if we are parked, she won't be allowed on my lap!
It was all a fluke. No sooner did I feel her lean into that curve and beging to slide, it happened. She wasn't trying to jump, she saw nothing, it wasn't like that. Cause I was breaking into the curve, I think is what made it so not life threatening. No matter what though, I feel so aweful. 2 days I'll beat myself up for likely forever. The 1st night of wtf antics at my age...HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?!?!? And then day 2
awww. you know though, dogs are really resilient, im sure it doesnt blame you, and is still full of nothin but love. its just how they are, i dont remember who posted it, but it was the diference between dogs and cats, I was laughing for days. the dog was like "everything is my favorite thing" and the cat was like "DAY 2! of my captivity".
But i bet that was scary. Glad its ok now though
Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well it is an election year with a heated and protracted battle for the Democratic nomination so it could be reasonably expected that people are going to want to discuss it..you must have just missed out on the times when there were numerous threads like that on here and we had commentary from some of the most interesting and entertaining ledgies ever to post here ..Carne ,Diss anyone? I would suggest just to ignore the Hillary/Obama thread if it is that distressing that you must post interminably in an attempt to bury it..there are still plenty of threads about my pet cat and whether or not you prefer coffee or tea IMHO.
You’re absolutely right. And i will. I find the whole discussion un-winnable, and redundant. I never like to discuss politics or religion with anyone, because EVERYONES ALWAYS RIGHT, and the conversation just goes on and on in circles. Even in the Dissention days, there were still SEVERAL other things to talk about.
Old 05-15-2008, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It wasn't until yesterday I had her back in the car again, and so help me god, even if we are parked, she won't be allowed on my lap!
You have learned a lesson, Anita. I advise you read this:

http://life.familyeducation.com/dogs/travel/45672.html
www.ruffrider.com/airbag-warning-for-pet-owners

It is foolish to let your dog sit in the front seat of a moving vehicle for several reasons:

1. Your dog can distract you from concentrating on your driving.

2. A deployed airbag can kill your dog.

3. Since your dog is not wearing a seatbelt, he can rocket through the windshield in a collision. The number of dogs injured or killed every year in just this way might surprise you.

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 05-15-2008, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
You’re absolutely right. And i will. I find the whole discussion un-winnable, and redundant. I never like to discuss politics or religion with anyone, because EVERYONES ALWAYS RIGHT, and the conversation just goes on and on in circles. Even in the Dissention days, there were still SEVERAL other things to talk about.
Why were you even on that thread in the first place? So what if five or six of us want to talk about politics? What's the big deal all of a sudden?
Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Why were you even on that thread in the first place? So what if five or six of us want to talk about politics? What's the big deal all of a sudden?
I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. But im staying away from it from now on.
Besides. i thought you and i were cool, i told you i voted for Hillary.
Old 05-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But im staying away from it from now on.
I went to a fund raising dinner for John McCain so I'm staying away from that thread too!
Old 05-15-2008, 04:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
I haven't jumped ship anywhere. I like to dabble my toes on all forums! (apart from 7 dunders)
Old 05-15-2008, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OMG... that must have been awful for you! Glad to hear that's she's ok!