Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Meet the Parents sequel

I seem to be the only one who disliked the first one (I really did!), but I just read that Dustin H. will play Stiller's dad, & Stiller wants Streisand to play the mom (good luck). I'm LOL because the title of the sequel is Meet the Fockers.

- Jake
Old 01-21-2004, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

LOL

I read that this morning and am wondering if they'll be able to get Babs. You never know, even Jane Fonda is returning to movies.

Old 01-21-2004, 03:26 PM

No lie. Two days ago, as tried to break some ice just outside the front door, I got a vision of how Gaylord Focker would likely screw up that little task. Then I wondered if there would soon be a sequel to the movie. I have my answer now.
Old 01-21-2004, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by dissention
LOL

I read that this morning and am wondering if they'll be able to get Babs. You never know, even Jane Fonda is returning to movies.
Really? What's Jane in?
(For some reason I could never stand the sound of her voice.)

- Jake
Old 01-21-2004, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by CarneVaca
No lie. Two days ago, as tried to break some ice just outside the front door, I got a vision of how Gaylord Focker would likely screw up that little task. Then I wondered if there would soon be a sequel to the movie. I have my answer now.
Cool.
BTW, what's ice?

- Jake
Old 01-21-2004, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Meet the Parents sequel

Quote:
Originally posted by darklinensuit
I seem to be the only one who disliked the first one (I really did!), but I just read that Dustin H. will play Stiller's dad, & Stiller wants Streisand to play the mom (good luck). I'm LOL because the title of the sequel is Meet the Fockers.

- Jake
Wow! I loved the first one.

The whole scene where the cork shoots out and hits the urn. Then the cat pees in the ashes. Totally irreverent, but totally funny!

Well, someday when we're older
And my hair is silver gray
Unbraid with all of the love that you have
Like a soft, silver chain . . .
Old 01-21-2004, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Meet the Parents sequel

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad4stevie
Wow! I loved the first one.

The whole scene where the cork shoots out and hits the urn. Then the cat pees in the ashes. Totally irreverent, but totally funny!
Sorry to be a poop, but I just naver bought that any guy would put up with that crap from his future father-in-law. I sure as hell wouldn't (said the single guy ).

- Jake
Old 01-21-2004, 11:37 PM
Ledgie

I think their chances of getting barbra are slim & none. These days she is more interested in directing her own things and seems to be getting more involved in more serious projects/films. As a babs fan I would really hate to see her do it too.

And no you are not the only one who hated the first one...I love DeNiro but i thought that movie was a bomb...most of ben stillers stuff has been that way to me. I am bummed to st Hoffman doing it...he ranks with deniro...just to go for this stuff.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really? What's Jane in?
(For some reason I could never stand the sound of her voice.)

- Jake
Some new flick with...ugh...J. Ho.

I kid you not.

Old 01-22-2004, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Jake, you're not alone. I didn't like Meet the Parents, either. I found it thoroughly unfunny. I don't think I've liked one movie Ben Stiller has been in, yet I like him.

And yes, I read Jane Fonda will be doing a movie opposite Jennifer Lopez, playing Jennifer's mother. Interesting choice.

Patti
Old 01-22-2004, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by RoxyRockstar
I think their chances of getting barbra are slim & none. These days she is more interested in directing her own things and seems to be getting more involved in more serious projects/films. As a babs fan I would really hate to see her do it too.

And no you are not the only one who hated the first one...I love DeNiro but i thought that movie was a bomb...most of ben stillers stuff has been that way to me. I am bummed to st Hoffman doing it...he ranks with deniro...just to go for this stuff.
Agreed.

- Jake
Old 01-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Some new flick with...ugh...J. Ho.

I kid you not.
Too bad Kate Hepburn passed. I'm sure she would have been honored to play the grandmother.

- Jake
Old 01-22-2004, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by Patti
Jake, you're not alone. I didn't like Meet the Parents, either. I found it thoroughly unfunny. I don't think I've liked one movie Ben Stiller has been in, yet I like him.

Patti
And mean-spirited, IMO, not in a good way.

- Jake
Old 01-28-2004, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Meet the Parents sequel

Quote:

- Jake
Well, doll, it looks as if Babs is ready to sign on the dotted line. Mr. Streisand says that she's reading the script and that she loves it...

Old 01-28-2004, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Re: Re: Meet the Parents sequel

Quote:
Well, doll, it looks as if Babs is ready to sign on the dotted line. Mr. Streisand says that she's reading the script and that she loves it...
"Mr." Streisand - I'm sure Old James gets tired of being called that!